Meetings

Lifetime Happiness

AMBER’s POV

 

Nah, I am not disappointed, offended or hurt that she took off the ring from her hand. I really don’t mind at all. I dropped by in the bookstores to buy some books to read. I like reading books, and I will try reading Korean books now in order for me to increase my Korean vocabulary. Our class will start soon so I should master my Korean so that I will be able to converse well to my future classmates and understand my Korean professors. I spotted this one book and grabbed it, but another hand hold it too. I turn my head to see the owner’s hand and she kinda looked familiar to me.

 

“Oh sorry.”she apologized and bowed her head.

 

“It’s okay.”I answered her. “You take it.” I continued with a friendly smile. I’m actually nice to the person who is nice to me.

 

“Oh no! You take it! Besides, you grabbed it first.”she stated.

 

“I insist.” I said to her thinking that there are still books like that in the rack.

 

“Thanks.”she said with her lovely smile and grabbed the book and then left.

 

I regretted what I did because when I check the rack, there are no more books like that. I think it is the last one. I let out a deep sigh to release my frustration and decide to look for another book to read. I head to the counter to pay it and she is before me in the line.

 

“It’s a good book you got there.” She told me while flashing her smile.

 

“Really?” I answered with raised brows as I looked at the book. “Have you already read this?” I asked her and she nodded her head.

 

“It talks about arranged marriage.” She said to me which got me speechless.

 

I think I chose the right book for me to read. I can clearly relate to this story. I forced a smile to her and then we paid the books.

 

“Uhm, if you are not in a hurry, I want to invite you for lunch. I know that this book that you gave me is the last one so I want to treat you as my thanks.” She said to me .

 

“You know, I eat a lot. Are you willing to pay that much for me?” I asked her with a sly smirk.

 

“Well, I can always wash the plates if my money isn’t enough to pay the food that you eat.” she answered and giggled.

 

“Alright, I’m easy to talk to.” I answered her. “Anyway, I’m Amber Joseph Liu.” I said to her.

 

“I’m Lee Amy.” she answered.

 

We head to this one restaurant and I am already really hungry.

 

AILEE’s POV

 

I like Amber as a person. He is nice and really funny. We talk lots of stuff over lunch. I keep on laughing over and over again when he mispronounce or use other words in his sentence. I think he is still learning Korean.  It’s been a long time since I laugh like this.

 

“Anyway, you are in college now, right?” I questioned him.

 

“Yeah, I’m third year now. My parents transferred me here in Korea.” He replied to me and I think he was force to come here because I can see the annoyance on his face.

 

“I see.” I replied and nodded my head in understanding.

 

“How about you?” He questioned me before he shoved his food in his mouth.

 

“Well, I already had my degree. I’m teaching in one kindergarten in my neighborhood.”I answered him with a smile.

 

“Whoa! So you’re a teacher? Cool!” He remarked, looking amazed. I giggled seeing his reaction.

 

“Since I’m older than you, I think you should call me Noona. Koreans use honorifics to show respect.” I informed him.

 

“Hmmm, okay! Ailee-noona!” He answered me and flashed his playful smile.

 

“Good dongsaeng.” I told him and we both laughed.

 

KRYSTAL's POV

 

I meet up with my boyfriend,Suho. Well, he is the only guy that I like. He is sweet, caring, gentle, kind and thoughtful. If he is not human, I'm sure he is an angel. He greeted me with his warm smile when we met outside the theater.

 

"Sorry if I made you wait." I apologized flashing an apologetic smile.

 

"Don't worry, I just got here just a moment ago."he answered me.

 

"Hmmm, let's watch that movie." I told him as I pointed the poster of one drama romance movie.

 

"Oh, can we watch it next time? I already bought tickets for the movie that I intend to watch. You like action right?"he asked me with expectant eyes.

 

Er...I don't like action, not at all.

 

"Of course!" I answered him enthusiastically not wanting to disappoint him.

 

"Great! Let’s go!" he exclaimed with a tinge of excitement in his voice.

 

We watch the movie and Suho was enjoying it. All of his attention is focused on it. I on the other hand am having heavy eyes because I got bored and sleepy. I feel very happy when it finally ended. It is a boring action movie, a movie that has more boring talk and less thrilling action scenes.  It is already evening when I got back home. I saw Amber who fell asleep on the sofa again.

 

“I think he really sleeps on the sofa and not on the bed.” I said and scoffed.

 

I walk over to him and pretend that I accidentally stomp on his foot to wake him up. He winced in pain and I don’t know why I feel happy seeing him got hurt.

 

“What the hell!” He exclaimed while holding his foot and looking at me furiously. “Are you blind?!”

 

I raised my brows on him and give him the look. He shut his mouth and grumbled something softly which I didn’t hear. I head to the living chair and take my seat. I turn on the TV and I can still feel him looking annoyingly to me. He got up from his seat and then put something on the table. I glance on it and it’s a small box.

 

“Next time, wake me up like how other wake someone normally.” He mumbled which caught me off guard. I stare on him and he looked away.“Good night!” he added with annoyed tone of voice and head upstairs.

 

Aish! I should had not done that! Now I'm sure he will think that I care for him. I don't want him to give that wrong idea!