Keeping

Lifetime Happiness

AMBER's POV

 

Other people say that if you love someone you have to fight for your love. I will definitely fight for my love to Krystal. I admit that I do have feelings for her but if I won't set myself free and let go of my feelings for her then later on for sure, I will end up dead. Well, deciding to call off our engagement is just like deciding to run on the edge of the cliff feeling free but end up falling.

 

"Are you sure about that?"Ailee-noona asked me when I visit their school. I told her about what I had decided.

 

"Yeah. That is the right thing to do."I told her.

 

"Even if your family will disown you?"she questioned me with raised brows.

 

"Well, my cousin Quian will provide my financial support for a while. Dad can't stop her from helping me since she's my relative in maternal side."I explained to her.

 

"Does it mean that you will have to go to China?" she asked.

 

"Probably, yeah! In return, I have to work part time in her company. I will finish my studies there."I answered.

 

"Does Krystal know about all of that?"

 

"Only the calling off of our engagement part."I answered.

 

"And after that, she had no idea about all of it."she spoke.

 

"She doesn't need to know all of that."I told her.

 

"When are you planning to tell your parents about the engagement?"

 

"Right after our finals. I can imagine my Dad's furious reaction right now." I said and chuckled.

 

"You will come back here, will you?"she asked me with sadness in her voice.

 

"Of course! I will visit you once in a while." I assured her and grinned.

 

AILEE's POV

 

I think Krystal will surely get upset and feel guilty when she knows what Amber will go through if he call off their engagement. You can tell that the person is happy not through his or her smile but through the looks in his or her eyes. Amber is flashing his smile to me but the extreme sadness in his eyes is more noticable.

 

"Am, have you think about telling Krystal what you really feel before, you know, ditching everything."I suggested to him.

 

"What for?" he replied and scoffed.

 

"For you to know what she feels for you and not to regret at the end for not confessing your feelings to her. You will be able to move on easily if you let out what's on your chest." I told him and he raised his brows.

 

"Maybe I will do that, but not this time."he stated with a faint smile.

 

I nodded my head in understanding. This guy is really one of a kind. If indeed he come back here and I can see that he already forget his feelings for Krystal, maybe, just maybe, I will try my luck. I will not let anyone take him away from me, once he becomes mine. I will never let him go even if it is Krystal who will ask me to give him back to her.

 

“Noona, how about you? Don’t you have someone special?”he suddenly ask which snapped me out of my thoughts.

 

“Hmmm, I have someone special right now.” I answered him with a smile and he raised his brows.

 

“Whoa! Who? Do I know him?” He asked me frantically and chuckled.

 

“Well, you will come to know him at the right time.”I answered him.

 

“Alright! I will wait for that right time whenever it is.” He replied and grinned.

 

“I hope I will become special for him too.” I stated.

 

“If he is treating you well, then that means you are special to him.” He remarked and gave me his thumbs up.

 

“You treat me well, does it mean I am special to you?” I asked him with a playful smile.

 

“Yeah! Of course you are special to me.” he replied with his gentle smile that makes my heart skip a beat seeing it.

 

KRYSTAL’s POV

 

I get my phone from my purse. My class just ended and Suho has an important business to take care so he can’t drive me home. He is in a hurry and I guess it is about a family matter. I hang out with my friends in our school cafeteria. We grab some food to eat for our snack. I dialed Amber’s number and waited for him to pick up. I’m tapping my finger on the table because I started to get impatient. He is seriously taking too long to pick up.

 

“Aish!” I cussed in annoyance as I look on the screen on my phone.

 

“Suho told you that he will do something important right? So he is surely busy right now and won’t be able to notice your call.” Sulli told me before she shoved her food in .

 

“It is not him that I’m calling.” I said to her and put my phone on the table.

 

“Then who?” Luna asked curiously as she looked at me.

 

“I-It’s my…friend.” I answered her as I broke our eye contact.

 

“Who?” Sulli asked.

 

“You don’t know him.” I answered.

 

“Him?” they both respond in unison with raised brows.

 

“Who is he, Soojung? How come you haven’t told us about him?” Sulli spoke as she shakes my arm.

 

“Yah!  Stop it!” I said to her as I pulled my hand away from her grip. “He is just our schoolmate and he is my fi…”I paused when I realized what I was about to say.

 

“He is your what?” Luna asked me.

 

“He is my childhood friend.” I said to them.

 

“If he is still single and ready to mingle, tell him that one of your beautiful best friend Jinri Choi a.k.a Sulli, is available.” Sulli stated with a wide smile on her face.

 

“Don’t forget to introduce me to him too. Your petite pretty friend Park Luna is looking for a next boyfriend.”Luna followed and groaned.

 

I rolled my eyes hearing their statement and shifted my gaze in other direction. I spotted Amber who just entered the cafeteria with his group of friends. He is fidgeting on his phone and then my phone vibrates. Before I can grab it, Sulli already took it.

 

“Hello? This is Sulli and I think you are Soojung’s childhood right?” she said and Luna is pressing her ears near to my phone too.

 

“Yah! Give it back to me.” I said to her and glared as I tried to get back my phone but Luna is holding me down. For the first time, I realized that this petite girl is strong. I should never underestimate her.

 

“Nice to meet you too Amber Joseph!”Sulli said and giggled. “You know, we are in our school cafeteria now. If you don’t have class, come and joined us here. It seems you r childhood friend wants to see you at this time too.”she continued.

 

“Yah! Choi Sulli! Give me back my damn phone now!” I demanded to her with stern voice.

 

“Hahahaha!She just said you should get here as soon as possible now.”Sulli said and looked at me with a sly smile.

 

I looked at to where Amber is and I saw him roaming his eyes around the place. He stopped his eyes on me when he met my gaze. He curved a smile and waved his hand to me which made Luna recognize him.

 

“OMG! Is that him?!” she exclaimed with her loud voice and Sulli looked at the direction that she is looking. “How can you keep him from us, Soojung?”she whined as she turned to me and pout.

 

‘I’m keeping him from you because he is not just my childhood friend but also my fiancé!’

 

Now they will meet the person that I had been keeping from them because Sulli told him to come over to us.