Talking To A Sister

Lifetime Happiness

AMBER’s POV

 

Krystal’s parents had arrived. They all looked happy while they are talking with my parents. Looking at them made me think about what I am going to do. I bet it will take away the smiles on their faces. I don’t know what will happen later but I need to do this.

 

“Honey, what are you thinking?” Mom asked me when she approached me.

 

“I’m just daydreaming.” I replied jokingly and grinned. She curved a smile and lightly hit my left arm.

 

“Be a good man and husband to Soojung, okay?” she told me with her graceful smile as she looked straight into my eyes.

 

“You know who I am Mom. I will assure you that I will make her happy.” I answered her. I can’t answer her ‘yes’ to that.

 

“I’m very proud of you, Am.” She spoke as she cupped my cheeks and I grinned.

 

“Dork! Come with me! Let’s visit Ailee.” Jackie spoke which made me turn to her.

 

“At this instance?” I answered her with raised brows.

 

“Well, yeah!”she answered with sarcasm and it made me furrowed my brows.

 

“Go with your sister and invite Ailee for dinner tonight.” Mom said when I turn to her.

 

We excused ourselves to our guest. I informed Krystal that I will accompany Jackie to Ailee’s house. She just nodded her head and obviously, she doesn’t care about it at all. I think she wants to spend her time with her parents and sister too.

 

“We should give call to Noona first before we show up in her doorstep.” I spoke when we get inside the car.

 

“Do it later.” Jackie told me as she put down my hand where I am holding my phone. I looked at her with furrowed brows. “Let’s go for a joyride.” She continued and beamed her cheeky smile.

 

“Yah! You just really want to get out of there, don’t you?” I said to her as I looked at her suspiciously. She just shrugged her shoulders.

 

“As if you don’t want too.” she retorted which got me slightly surprised. “Take me to the seaside. I miss the smell of the sea.” She demanded.

 

We went to the nearest seaside. The breeze of the wind is refreshing. Jackie really likes the sea a lot. I think beach is her most favorite place. I lean against my car while she sat on the hood. I laughed when I saw a big smile flashed on my sister’s face. She really is happy by just going in this place.

 

“You sure look happy by just going to the beach.” I said to her and scoffed.

 

“Of course! The sea breeze takes my worries and problems away.” She stated as she closed her eyes and feels the wind. “It helps me to clear and refresh my mind.” She continued.

 

Well, this peaceful and serene place will surely help you to relax and loosen up. I seldom come to the seaside because I am not really fond of going to a certain place alone.

 

“Dork.”Jackie called me which made me turn to her.

 

“What?” I answered him.

 

“You are not really going to marry Krystal, aren’t you?” she questioned me that made me widen my eyes.

 

This sister of mine is really sharp. Well, I should not really get surprised about it because even when we were kids, she’s already like that.

 

KRYSTAL’s POV

 

I don’t know why Jacki-unnie asked Amber to come with her going to Ailee-unnie’s house. I mean, why would have she bring Amber along with her? I guess that stupid wants to come along too because he agreed to it.  I can’t focus in my conversation with Sica-unnie because my mind is preoccupied with Amber.

 

“Geez, what are you thinking about?” Unnie asked me when she finally noticed that I am not paying my attention to her.

 

“Just..something.” I replied and fake a smile. She raised her brows and she obviously is not convinced of what I answered her.

 

“Something or someone?” she questioned.

 

“Something.” I insisted.

 

“Liar.”

 

“I’m not lying.” I remarked.

 

“Nah, your eyes tells me so.” She retorted. “Are you thinking about that dork at this moment?”she continued and looked at me with her teasing smile.

 

“I’m not.” I answered her as I looked away.

 

“I guess Ailee is not the type of woman who steals someone’s soon to be husband so you don’t have to worry.”she assured me. “Besides, Jackie is with him.” She continued.

 

“I am not worried.” I denied and rolled my eyes.

 

I think the reason why I feel uneasy because I know that Amber is not going to be my husband and Ailee-unnie can definitely get him. Any girl can replace me as his fiancée. If someone did, our big difference is that I am a fake one and she will be the real one. The girl whom Amber will definitely going to marry.

 

“Yeah, you really don’t have to because one week from now, you will no longer be a Jung.” Unnie said to me which snapped me out of my thoughts.

 

“What do you mean?” I questioned her with furrowed brows.

 

“Parents decided to marry you two on your birthday. It will be a dual celebration.” Unnie informed me excitedly which got me surprised.

 

How come I didn’t know this? Does he not know about it too? I guess it’s either I will celebrate my birthday alone or both birthday and wedding day. I wonder which one will it be. If Amber won’t be able to call off our engagement, that means we will surely getting married on my birthday.

 

“Whoa! I thought you are going to disagree about that but I think you can’t wait to become a Liu.” Unnie said and scoffed which made me looked at her. “I’m glad that somehow, that dork makes you feel happy Soojung.” She continued.

 

“What made you say that?” I questioned her.

 

“I can tell by the look in your eyes and the happy smile that was drawn to your face.”she replied.