24. How do you feel?

Our Sweet Scripted Scandal

“I’m surprised you’re a rookie Jiyoung,” Sung Joon added making Jiyoung blush. Yoochun finished his Soju wine and ordered another round.

“Aren’t you overdoing it hyung?” One of the younger extras said to Yoochun.

“I’m fine, that’s my last one anyway,” Yoochun snapped, Jiyoung looked down at her lap. Yoochun had been irritable since she and Sung Joon had started to get along.

“Wow look at the time,” the sunbae of the group said looking at his watch; “we have an early start. I’ll pay and then we can leave.” He called to a waiter for the bill and placed a large amount of money on the tab; everyone bowed as their sign of thanks to him before they all headed out.

***

“Aigoo is this really where he is then?” Ji-woon sighed heavily after listening to the actor talk to him, “ok everyone, our lead actor is currently in bed with a hangover. We’ll resume filming tomorrow.” The crew sighed as some of the cast huffed in annoyance.

“That is unprofessional,” someone muttered.

“Waste of a day,” one of the cameramen groaned as they began to pack up. Jiyoung just sat in thought, with her knees up to keep herself warm in the little sun.

“Hey Jiyoung,” she smiled at Sung Joon as he sat beside her, “I wonder why he wanted to drink so much?”

“Who knows, will he be ok?”

“I’m sure he will be, any grown man can overcome a hangover very quickly.”

“Jiyoung-sshi your phone is ringing,” Jiyoung got out of her seat walking to the lady holding her vibrating jeans. She gave a gesture of thanks before answering her phone.

“Hello?”

“Noona!”

“Y-Yoohwan-ah?”

“Yep it is, how are you doing noona?”

“G-g-good,” she managed to say while Sung Joon hid a laugh, “what about you Yoohwan-ah?”

“Yeah same old, I’m visiting Jae and Su while hyung is filming with you and Jae suddenly suggested I call you because they haven’t heard from him recently… Eh?” Yoohwan suddenly started to talk to someone in the background.

“Noona is it ok if they talk to you?” Jiyoung glanced at Sung Joon for help but he just shrugged.

“Sure,” there was noise as someone was handed the phone.

“This is Jaejoong speaking, how are you?”

“Good thank you,” she was surprised at how friendly he sounded.

“Good, so how has my chingu been while filming? Is he enjoying it?”

“Yes,” she lied not wanting to say he was hung over.

“Good, I have to go, Junsu-ah wants to say something now.” Jiyoung nodded.

“Take care Jaejoong-sshi.”

“You too,” there was more movement as Junsu got the phone.

“Ah Jiyoung-ah how is the filming with hyung?”

“He is very good at what he does,” Jiyoung said smiling as she said this, “he’s helped me with a part and I’m thankful to him.”

“Daebak, maybe you two will start to go out—“

“Junsu!” Her sharp tone made Sung Joon jump. She mouthed a sorry to him before she went back to the phone.

“Uh oh I have to go, here’s Yoohwan-ah.”

“Sorry noona, I had no idea he would say that.”

“It’s fine,” Jiyoung assured him wondering who else would say something.

“Is hyung around?”

“Actually….He’s in bed, he has a hangover.”

“A hangover?” Suddenly the other two began to argue in the background, Junsu was expressing why he shouldn’t drink and Jaejoong was explaining that he could get over it and be fine.

“I have to go, they are bickering so I can’t hear.”

“That’s ok, nice to talk to you noona, bye.”

“Bye,” Yoohwan hung up.

“I am going to look over my script for tomorrow,” Sung Joon said, “see you later.” Jiyoung nodded smiling, “sure have a good day.”

***

Jiyoung sat in her caravan reading the news on her phone. Nothing much had happened which wasn’t surprising seeing as she ignored the finance section but there were some good sob stories in the current events that she didn’t have the heart to look at.

“Jiyoung-ah,” she looked up, Yoochun was standing by the open window, he still looked a little sick but he seemed fine otherwise.

“How are you feeling?” She asked as she got outside to talk to him.

“Better I think, but I think I won’t drink that much Soju again.” She nodded.

“Good idea,” she agreed.

“Listen,” Yoochun began; “I need to ask you something… How come you never called me afterwards?”

“Called you after what?” Jiyoung was confused.

“Well, our double date,” Yoochun finished waiting for Jiyoung to say something.

“Umm…”

“That’s a pathetic reason.”

“Let me finish please,” she said starting to get frustrated, “I didn’t because I was sidetracked.”

“That’s not true, what else could have you been doing besides filming that drama?”

“Don’t speak as if you know exactly what I do!”

“I might as well, you may not see it but you’re dead set obvious.” This infuriated Jiyoung and it took a lot of willpower to not suddenly start yelling.

“That’s why you were drinking last night,” Jiyoung frowned, “you were jealous over the fact I was getting along with Sung Joon more than you.”

“So what if it was?!” He sighed, “You wouldn’t give me a chance anyway! Not with a handsome face like his—“

“A chance for what?”

“A chance to see if it would work,” Jiyoung’s anger as it suddenly occurred to her what he was talking about.

“You mean…That you,” she pointed at herself, “me?” He acknowledged this.

“Now I’m confused,” she sat down on the caravan step, “why would you like someone like me? I don’t even like myself.”

“You’re my ideal type of woman,” Yoochun admitted starting to flush, “I guess that’s what I realized when I met you again here.”

“So what do you expect me to do?”

“I want to know how you feel,” Yoochun began in a low voice, “about him.”

“You think that I like Sung Joon?” Jiyoung found herself shaking her head, “now I really am confused, what do you want me to say? Yes he’s a nice guy?”

“I want to know whether you would go out with him or not.”

“But I barely know him.”

“Last night would have fooled anybody,” Yoochun said bitterly, “so what is it?”

“You’re expecting me to just say right away?”

“Surely you don’t need that long to think about such a thing.”

“You don’t know that,” Jiyoung buried her face in her hands. She heard footsteps move towards her.

“Can you at least give me an answer before we finish filming here?” She looked up at Yoochun. His pleading gaze was getting a bit too much for her to handle.

“F-fine,” she gave in.

“I’ll wait then,” Yoochun began to walk away, “see you tomorrow,” Jiyoung looked up at the stars, it was nighttime.

“What do I do?” She sighed to herself.

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

So not quite a love triangle as such but she has to decide if she likes Yoochun back. Next chapter will reveal what her answer is so stay tuned.