10. The Date part 2.

Our Sweet Scripted Scandal

“So have either of you two seen any of my films?” Ji-woon asked as they ate their food. Yoochun looked up from his bowl and then at Jiyong. She thought for a moment.

“I think I might have. Did you direct that one with Shim Minah, um A Bittersweet Life?”

“Ah yes that one I did do, what did you think of it?”

“Well to be honest,” Jiyong started to tense up, “I only saw it because of my friend.” She admitted not saying anymore.

“Ah they must like my films.”

“No, they just liked blood….” The face of the guy in that photograph came to her mind, “and shooting.”

“Ah ok, did they like it?”

“Umm I suppose he did,” Jiyong trailed off. Yoochun looked at her.

“Chagi this food is delicious, we should tell the chef.”

“Let’s go and tell him then,” Ji-woon stood up, pulled the chair out for his wife and linked arm in arm walked towards the kitchen. There was silence as Jiyong and Yoochun were both uneasy as to what they should say.

“Gwenchana?” Yoochun asked softly. Jiyong looked up.

“Neh, thank you,” she said and going back to her food.

“You are sure?” Yoochun said uncertain.

“Yeah,” Jiyong felt bad that he was leading the conversation, “how is the food?”

“Very good,” Yoochun said, “you look like you’re enjoying it.”

“Oh err,” Jiyong felt her face heat up, “I suppose I am hungry.” Yoochun chuckled.

“I like a girl with a good appetite,” he added making Jiyong turn her head away.

“Are you embarrassed?” He asked anxiously. Jiyong turned her head back to him.

“Oh no I’m just….” She stopped, their eyes were interlocked. Jiyong felt her body go numb under the gaze of his gentle brown eyes.

“Yoochun-sshi….” She began before Yoochun slowly touched her hand, holding her fingers. Her breathing slowed for a moment, just watching her blind date.

“Call me… Oppa,” Yoochun said leaning in. Jiyong blinked.

“I’m glad the chef was able to talk to us,” the two broke free as the other pair came back, talking happily.

“Yes he was a very sweet man,” Suri agreed with her husband as they took their seats. They saw Yoochun and Jiyong were in a daze.

“You two look as if you’ve seen a ghost,” Suri commented, the pair jumped. They hadn’t been shaken from it yet.

“Oh umm we might have,” Yoochun said nervously giving a laugh, “one of the waiters looked like he was, isn’t that right Jiyong-sshi?” Jiyong nodded.

“Fascinating,” Ji-woon was thinking something else but it wasn’t that obvious to the blind dates.

“Oh Ji-woon-ee,” Suri cooed as a waiter walked past them, “that looks like the kind of desert we’ll be having soon. Doesn’t it look delicious?”

“Indeed my dear,” Ji-woon told his wife kissing her on the side of the head, “but any food tastes good when you’re in love.” The wedded couple chuckled while Jiyong and Yoochun looked at the other awkwardly.

***

“So Yoochun-sshi I’m going to share with you the idea I had for a supernatural romance,” Ji-woon said as their empty plates were cleaned up. “The basic story is, a young man comes to this town and into an old house that belonged to an ancestor of his and inside is this beautiful ghost.” Ji-woon began, “who is lonely and wants him to stay with her, however he manages to spill the beans and an exorcist arrives and tries to drive her out and in the end he dies and they pass on to the other side together.” Jiyong wasn’t sure what to make of the idea but Yoochun’s eyes were fixed on the director as he told him about it.

“Sounds great, I would be happy to give it a go,” Yoochun told him.

“Brilliant, now we have the cast for the townsfolk and the exorcist who comes and an old girlfriend who will come on the scene in midway of the movie but we haven’t picked our ghost. Would you have any recommendations?” Yoochun shook his head.

“I don’t know sir,” he said.

“Oh well, I will ask around and see who will be happy to do it. I’m thinking about maybe getting a young new actress who would like to try her hand at her first feature film.” Jiyong stopped in mid sip. Why did she get the feeling that meant she would be considered too?

“Oh look here’s dessert,” Suri said as the waiters arrived with the rice pudding. Ji-woon scooped some onto a spoon, “say ah,” to his wife who opened up her dainty lips. He placed it in and she closed her lips. He took the spoon out this time without the food on it. Suri smiled as she ate.

“Yoochun-sshi why not do the same thing?”

“Maybe she should do it for me?” Yoochun suggested. Jiyong was tempted to refuse but it wouldn’t be polite.

“Say ah,” it wasn’t said sickly sweet like Ji-woon. Yoochun skipped the ah and just opened his mouth. Her hand was shaking as she came closer to him. Before she reached his mouth she accidentally tipped the spoon and the pudding fell onto his trouser leg.

“Oh dear,” Suri said as Jiyong grabbed serviettes and dabbed them on Yoochun’s leg.

“Sorry, sorry,” she said unaware of Yoochun’s face turning red.

“Yoochun you are looking flushed,” Ji-woon joked laughing. Jiyong stopped, she was touching his thigh.

That was embarrassing!

“Oh I’m sorry,” she sat upright flustered.

“It’s ok,” Yoochun dabbed it himself, the redness starting to fade away.

“They are a nice couple,” Suri told her husband.

“Indeed they are,” Ji-woon agreed. Yoochun was still getting over the previous event and Jiyong wanted to crawl under the table. Not the best way to end a date.

***

“You sure you don’t need a lift?” Ji-woon asked Jiyong as they walked out of the restaurant.

“I drove here,” she assured him but “thank you anyway.”

“We would see you off but we both have an early start,” Suri apologized, “so until next time.” Yoochun and Jiyong bowed and afterwards the two men shook hands.

“I’ll contact you when filming begins.” Ji-woon said to him as they released their hands.

“Sure, good luck with finding your female lead.” Yoochun told him back. Ji-woon grinned.

“Have a good night kids,” he called as they went to the taxi bay, Ji-woon opening the cab door for his wife to slide in and then waved to the two left. As the taxi drove off Yoochun and Jiyong waved.

Then another awkward silence.
“Um, thank you,” Yoochun started, looking at her the first time since the pairs split, “for being my date.” Jiyong made a small smile.

“You’re welcome,” she said softly, “but I think your dongsaeng should be the one to thank.”

“Aish I can’t believe that kid,” Yoochun lifted his head to the sky, an amused grin on his face, “to think he thought he knew best.”

“Yeah,” Jiyong said nodding to herself. Yoochun lowered his head again; a question was across his mind.

“Jiyong-sshi…” He stopped and sighed, “You look lovely tonight.” Jiyong’s smile widened.

“I should have said that earlier,” Yoochun admitted bashfully, “I hope you won’t think me rude.”

“Oh I don’t Yoochun-sshi,” Jiyong reassured him still blissful “I don’t think that at all.” Yoochun laughed again.

“That’s good,” Yoochun’s eyes sparkled when they were happy, “because I would feel terrible if I…” Jiyong had taken a step closer to him. Their eyes were locked again. Yoochun swallowed while Jiyong’s heart pounded.

“Don’t be hard on yourself;” Jiyong managed to say gently, “you are very considerate of others. There should be more guys like you.” Yoochun’s hand moved to hers and touched it. She let him hold her hand.

“And there should be more girls like you,” he said, pushing loose hair off her face. Jiyong trembled much to her surprise, and it increased when he came closer to her. Yoochun looked intent on doing something but then he retracted from her.

“Sorry,” he said, disturbed by what nearly happened, “I should get going. I have filming tomorrow.” Jiyong nodded. “Ok then.”

“Good night,” Yoochun said bowing to her, “can I call you?”

“Do you have my number?”

“Not yet,” Yoochun said sheepish, “but thanks to my dongsaeng I will soon.” Jiyong laughed.

“Alright then, good night,” she bowed and they split ways.

(Wow that was intense to write. It was going to end differently but I felt it would be too soon [if you know what I mean]. Thanks for reading and I have 23 subscribers for my Beast fan fic! Thanks for the love <3)