20. Rain kisses

Our Sweet Scripted Scandal

“How are we doing?” Ji-woon asked the cast as they all sat under the tents to eat breakfast, “we’ve done well for filming the first few scenes and today because of the weather I thought we could use that to our advantage.” Jiyong felt her forehead for the umpteenth time. Yes it was still hot. She’d been feeling off color that morning but thought it would soon pass.

“Ok I will be with Yoochun and Jiyong-sshi as they film the last shots of the movie, we will call you guys when we are ready to shoot the battle. Start by getting to costume and makeup now.” Ji-woon instructed the cast who nodded as they began clearing the tables.

“Oh Jiyong-sshi are you excited about filming?” Jiyong turned to one of the minor cast who was going to be in at the end.

“W-why would I be?” She asked the cast member confused. The cast member realized that they knew something she didn’t.

“Oh, don’t you know? Ji-woon changed the script slightly.”

“He changed the script? Where did he change it and what changes did he make?”

“Well in the original you and Yoochun were going to be in each other’s arms as they pass into the light. But now instead of just holding each other there will be…” Her face reddened as she excitedly added, “Kissing.” Jiyong was glad she wasn’t holding anything otherwise it would be on the floor.

“K-kissing,” she stammered, “I’m going to kiss him?” The girl nodded.

“Uh huh and not just a simple kiss, he wants it to be passionate.” Jiyong felt the blood rush from her face.

“We have to kiss like they do in American films?”

“Yeah like that part in the rain,” the sighed dreamily, “you are so lucky. It’s not every day a rookie actress like yourself gets to kiss Park Yoochun.” Jiyong was going to express her misfortunate about this considering what happened with her and Yoochun but she was going to have to go through with it.

“Choi Jiyong?” She saw Ji-woon standing and waiting for her. She turned and followed him to the shooting set.

***

The rain was drizzly and the wind made it hit her face almost blinding her. She had to get makeup done which gave her a more healthier glow than she had been seen with before. A red line was done around her neck to show she sustained an injury to it and then fake blood was dabbed to give effect.

“You will be lying here,” Ji-woon pointed to a patch of the ground that was marked with a cross. She went and carefully laid down. He lifted an arm and placed it over her heart.

“Don’t forget that you are hurt but are close to moving to the light.” He added as he stepped back behind the cameras.

“Is Yoochun-sshi ready?” Ji-woon glanced around for the young actor.

“He’s just getting makeup on,” someone said with a head set and clipboard. Ji-woon nodded while Jiyong was hoping she could move, it was cold on the muddy ground.

“Ah there you are,” Yoochun arrived with the fake blood applied to his chest and a gash on his forehead. “Get into position Kyuman. Don’t forget you’re stumbling back to your love while fatally wounded.” Yoochun nodded to his sunbae and then gave a brief one to his co-actress who was on the ground.

“Alright get ready.” Ji-woon said signally for the clapperboard.

“Shot five thousand and twenty take one.” The clapperboard clapped and the cameras were on.

Yoochun stumbled through the corn with a limp straight into character.

“Yunsoo-ah,” he called his head turning from one side to the other.

“Cut, try sounding more desperate,” Ji-woon told him, “don’t forget that you are desperately looking for her.” Yoochun nodded and went back to the beginning. Jiyong felt her body temperature drop a few degrees.

“Ok ready?” The clapperboard clapped again and then there was a repeat.

“Yunsoo-ah.”

“Kyuman-ah!” Jiyong called while she was shivering, “I’m here!” Yoochun looked down at her and stumbled over, dropping to his knees but he slipped in the mud.

“Cut, let’s see if we can stop him from slipping over.” Ji-woon called the set designer over and they began talking. Yoochun glanced at Jiyong.

“Are you ok?” He asked seeing her shiver. She nodded.
 

“Yeah I’m fine,” she lied as Ji-woon went to them.
 

“We’ll take a break as we get this sorted,” he told them, “take ten.” Jiyong got up and went to her caravan where she sat by the heater. It didn’t make any difference to her coldness.

***

“Ok we’ve got it sorted,” Ji-woon told the crew, “we’ll do some more takes of Kyuman wondering in to find Yunsoo and then onto the final shots.” They did ten more takes of Yoochun just coming to Yunsoo and sitting by her. He then had to lay down beside her and she was to turn on her side to him.

“Look each other in the eye,” Ji-woon said pushing their heads closer together. It was like electricity was surging through their glances.

“Action.”

“Y-you are hurt,” Jiyong said feebly as Yoochun squeezed her shoulder. He shook his head as Kyuman.

“S-so are you chagi.” Jiyong put on a brave smile as part of her character. She reached forward while in character to his cheek.

“Kyuman-ah…” She swallowed, “I…”

“I-I know Yoonso-ah,” Yoochun or Kyuman replied moving her closer with his hand. The mud squelched underneath her. He had to caress her cheek as part of the new script. “I know.” He moved this time coming close to her. Jiyong’s heart was pounding as he came closer.

“No good cut.” They both exhaled hard as Ji-woon came over to them.

“Aigoo Jiyong-ah you seem to be nervous here,” Ji-woon crouched beside her head, “we need you to relax ok?”

“Is this her first kiss scene?” Someone called out getting the crew to start talking about it. Jiyong’s ears started to burn. This was rather humiliating. She didn't even have one in My Nephew's a Punk?!

“Sunbae,” Ji-woon looked at Yoochun, “I can help.” That was not what Jiyong wanted.

“Ok,” Ji-woon stepped out of the shot to leave the two to converse while the other staff talked anxiously about this scene.

“Jiyong-ee,” Yoochun spoke in a quiet voice, “how about you pretend that I’m someone else. Pretend that I’m someone that you would like to kiss ok?” She nodded and then Yoochun called for Ji-woon.

“Let’s try again,” Ji-woon gestured for the crew to get ready. Jiyong was hoping she wouldn’t screw it up again. She was getting colder.

***

“Y-you are hurt,” Jiyong said feebly as Yoochun squeezed her shoulder. He shook his head as Kyuman.

“S-so are you chagi.”

“Kyuman-ah…I…”

“I-I know Yoonso-ah,” Yoochun or Kyuman replied moving her closer with his hand again. His hand caressed her cheek again. “I know.” He moved coming close to her once again. Their eyes interlocked for a moment as Yoochun moved his head; Jiyong lifted her hand to grasp his arm. He moved the hand on her cheek to tilt her chin up at him. Jiyong knew what happened next, as if on cue she closed her eyes as Yoochun moved closer to her. One moment it was just his breath on her lips, the next it was his lips on hers. She kept her eyes closed as the kiss continued their lips moving as if hungrily seeking out the other.

“Cut,” their eyes opened as members of the crew let out breaths and then clapped. They looked at Ji-woon who gave them two thumbs up.

“That was perfect,” he said to them starting to clap as well. Yoochun smiled at Jiyong.

“Well done,” he congratulated her as he sat up and she slowly did, head spinning.

“Ok now onto the battle,” Ji-woon said as the cameramen began to pack up. Yoochun got to his feet. Jiyong was still sitting. She slowly got to her feet, her vision blurring, head spinning even more.

“Are you alright?” Yoochun asked and her eyes began to close, she started to fall, “Jiyong-sshi!” Then her vision was black.
**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

O_o I wondered what happened here! Check out the next chapter soon!