21. Sick

Our Sweet Scripted Scandal

Jiyoung woke up to find she was in her bed in her caravan.

“How are you feeling?” She sat up to see Ji-woon close the door behind him.


“What happened?” She asked touching her forehead feeling her hand burn from the heat.


“You collapsed after filming a particular scene so we carried you back here,” Ji-woon sighed, “the doctor came and said that you will need to be in bed for the next few days you appear to have a fever.” Jiyoung nodded.


“I’m sorry about this,” she said out of guilt.


“It’s alright,” Ji-woon ran a hand over his facial hair, “I guess it was bound to happen. No problem we will just have to rearrange the schedules and we will film some other parts instead. So you need to not worry but just to take the medicine and relax.” Jiyoung lied down and realized she was in her costume.

 

“Hey what did I--?”

“I am in my costume,” she said holding out her fabric for him to see.


“Ah ok, well I’ll see how you are later on.” He went to the door and left. Jiyoung got into her pajamas looking at herself in the mirror. She ended up having to wipe her face free of makeup as well as clean her teeth. Without the makeup she still appeared ghastly. Taking a long sigh she went back to bed and pulled the covers over her but found she was hot even though she was cold.

***

 

That evening Ji-woon checked on her with a nurse but her temperature was still high.

“Looks like you’ll be here for the next day as well,” he said as the nurse took the thermometer out of .

“Did you take any of the medicine?” She shook her head.


“No wonder you aren’t feeling any better,” he grabbed the medicine bottle and handed it to her, “please take one now.” She opened the lid, tipped a pill in her hand, popped it in and leaned her head back to swallow. She was then handed a glass of water.


“Good now you are meant to take one every four hours so you can have one at midnight if you are awake enough.” Ji-woon stood up and signaled for the nurse to head to the door.

 

“She’ll come and see how you are tomorrow at seven alright? Have a good night.” They closed the door and Jiyoung flopped back down on the bed her eyes closing.

 

The next morning Jiyoung woke with her head pounding like it was being hit with an anvil.

 

“How are you?” The nurse asked as she stood by the bed getting out a thermometer.


“My head hurts,” Jiyoung moaned holding her head, curling into a ball in the hopes of easing the pain.


“Oh dear let’s get your temperature checked and then I’ll see what we can do about the pain.” She put the thermometer in Jiyoungs mouth and waited for a beep.

 

“Hmm looks like your temperature has gone down slightly,” she told her while reading it, “but take the day in bed.”

“Ok,” Jiyoung was still holding her head. The nurse gave her a box of aspirin.


“Take two of these; they should help reduce the pain within half an hour.”

 

“Thank you,” Jiyoung broke the foil to get the round pills.

 

“I’ll grab you some water,” the nurse went out of the caravan for a moment. Jiyoung looked out of the window. It was sunny and clear outside, not the kind of day to be spending in bed.


“Here’s your water,” Jiyoung made a small nod as she drank half of the glass.

 

“I’ll see how you are at lunch time,” she said leaving Jiyoung.

***

At lunch time Jiyoung found she was able to get out of bed and walk around the place she put on her dressing gown and sat on the steps of the caravan watching people going past, doing their own things.

 

“Jiyoung-sshi,” she looked over to see Yoochun coming over to her.


“Here,” he handed her a flask. Jiyoung took off the lid and sniffed it.
 

“It’s a soup that will help build up your immune system,” he said, “I don’t know how well it tastes but I hope it’s alright.” Jiyoung placed it beside her.
 

“Thank you that is very thoughtful of you,” Yoochun shyly smiled.
 

“Good, I’m not much of a cook to be honest so I had to ask Jaejoong-ah for help.”

“I see, well tell him I say thank you too.”

“Dongsaeng says the recent episode of ‘My Nephew’s a punk?! Got good ratings.”

“That’s a relief,” Jiyoung smiled from this.

“I’d better leave you to rest,” he said making his way.

“Wait,” He stopped moving, “would you… Like to sit for a bit?” She picked up the flask  and patted the spot next to her. Yoochun thought for a moment before shrugging and joining her.

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Yeah being sick isn’t fun. Sorry if this isn’t that exciting LOL