16. Three hyungs (special chapter)

Our Sweet Scripted Scandal

“Hey Yoohwan-ee,” Yoohwan turned as he saw the director waving at him, “good job for today you can go now.”

“But sunbae my lift is coming in half an hour,” Yoohwan said, “can’t I watch?”

“No best you go home,” Yoohwan sighed and dragged his bag as he left the set. He called his manager who picked up on the third ring.

“Yoohwan-sshi, you’re supposed to be filming still.”

“Not anymore, the director is finished with me for the day.”

“Look, I was going to call you later but I guess I can let you know now, I won’t be able to pick you up. I was booked into a last minute appointment and so I have to go to that in an hour. I will be out of town so you’ll have to find your own lift.” Yoohwan looked in his wallet; he didn’t have much cash on him.

“Ok sunbae,” he said deciding not to trouble his manager any further.

“Good I will see you at the usual time tomorrow. Have a good day.” He hung up before Yoohwan could wish him the same. Yoohwan put the phone back and then whistled for a taxi.

“Where can I take you to sir?” He asked as Yoohwan got in. Yoohwan thought, his brother could be home unless he was doing album promotions or attending a Ripley event. He gave the address and they were off.

***

When he got out he thanked the driver paid him and then went to the front door. He fumbled through his pockets and sighed. He’d forgotten to take his key. So now he would have to call his brother. The number rang but it went to Yoochun’s message box.

“Hyung, I forgot the key again. Please call me when you get this.” He hung up and then sat at the doorway, leaning his head on his arm. He nodded off. As he was asleep he woke from his phone ringing.

“Hello?”

“Aish now you pick up?”

“Hyung,” Yoohwan stood up, “where are you?”

“I’m out with some friends. I’ve called the boys and you are to be picked up by Junsu-ah and you’ll go with him.” Yoohwan’s stomach growled as he realized he hadn’t had dinner yet.

“Alright how long will he be?”

“He will be there in about half an hour.” Yoohwan was about to protest when he changed his mind. His hyung sound annoyed enough as it is from being bothered.

“Ok that will be hyung.”

“Good I’ll see you later then.”

“Bye,” they both hung up around the same time and it was back to the waiting game.

***

At approximately the time that Yoochun had said a car pulled up and honked at Yoohwan. He recognized it as Junsu’s ride.

“Hey Yoohwan-ee,” Junsu said as Yoohwan got in and did his seatbelt.

“Hi Junsu-ee,” Yoohwan said.

“You can call me hyung remember?” Yoohwan nodded sheepishly.

“Ok hyung.” Yoohwan said as they pulled onto the road. Junsu liked his radio it seemed from how loud he was playing it. They came to the apartments and he followed Junsu to the door. Yoohwan remembered that Junsu had a good apartment, a very luxurious one too. As they walked in Junsu could smell something cooking in the kitchen. Jaejoong’s defined physique was bent over the stove cooking.

“Hyung we’re here,” Junsu said as the guys put their bags down by the couch. Jaejoong turned and grinned at Yoohwan.

“How are you Yoohwan-ee?”

“Good thank you Jaejoong-sshi.”

“Hyung is fine remember?” Yoohwan forgot the last time he met Jaejoong so he was surprised Jaejoong was happy to be his hyung.

“Sure, ok Jae- hyung.” Jaejoong nodded and went on with what he was doing.

“Junsu-ee can you set the table so we can eat please?” Jaejoong called to Junsu who came round and opened up the cupboard doors to pick up some bowls and other cutlery.

“Do you want a hand?” Yoohwan asked as Junsu steadily walked around to the table with a pile of bowls.

“If you could grab the cutlery thanks,” Junsu said carefully placing the bowls down before setting places for three. Yoohwan turned around in the kitchen.

“The cutlery is in the top drawer by the sink,” Junsu instructed him. Yoohwan went to where he was told and took out some bowls, forks for three and went to place them on the table. A few minutes later Jaejoong placed the rice cooker on the table and bought out a pot of stew and of seaweed soup.

“Smells good,” Yoohwan complimented Jaejoong as Junsu helped himself to some rice. Yoohwan took some soup into his bowl.

“Hold on,” Junsu said before Yoohwan was doing to eat, “we have to give thanks.” They bowed their heads for a moment and Yoohwan quickly followed suit. Then they were eating.

***

“That food was good,” Yoohwan said as he dried the dishes while Junsu washed them.

“Yeah hyung is a good cook,” Junsu agreed and Jaejoong cheered from the other end of the house. Yoohwan’s hand slipped on a saucer. It crashed into hundreds of pieces on the floor.

“Omo I’m so sorry,” he bent down with Junsu to start clearing up the pieces.

“These things happen,” Junsu reassured him as he went to grab the dust pan and brush. He swept up the while porcelain and threw it into the bin.

“Hey Junsu-ee and Yoohwan-ee are you guys interested in watching Heavenly Postman?” Junsu laughed.

“That’s because you want us assess your acting and for me it will be the second time.”

“Do not!” Jaejoong rebutted making the guys in the kitchen laugh.

“Have you seen Heavenly Postman?” Junsu asked Yoohwan. Yoohwan shook his head.

“I’ve just heard that it was good, from my hyung.” Junsu nodded.

“Yeah well you should like it, it’s the first film Jaejoong’s ever acted in.”

“Ok I’ll put it on in an hour then,” Jaejoong joined the conversation from where he was, “I’m going to post it on twitter. Junsu-ee and Yoochun-ee’s dongsaeng Yoohwan-ah let’s watch Heavenly Postman together.”

They put the movie on and sat in the couches. Jaejoong had his hand in his chin, leaning closer to the screen at times and moving back. Junsu had his hands in his lap while Yoohwan sat his head starting to bob.

“Did I do that scene well?” Jaejoong asked Junsu who nodded.

“Yes hyung, what do you think Yoohwan—“ He turned and saw Yoohwan’s head resting on the arm rest, eyes closed and gently sleeping.

“Aigoo he missed the best bit,” Jaejoong said turning back to the screen and then he sighed, “I even missed my best bit.”

“Hey guys,” they turned to see a ragged Yoochun come in and place his bag down, “have a good night?”

“Yeah, what about you Yoochun-ah?” Junsu asked as their group member walked over to them.

“Yeah it was good catching up with them,” Yoochun looked down at his sleeping dongsaeng, “when did he nod off?”

“We don’t know, we only just found out now,” Jaejoong told him. Yoochun nodded and shook his brother by the shoulders.

“Dongsaeng, dongsaeng it’s time we went.” Yoohwan opened his bleary eyes to see the black television screen.

“Oh did I miss it?”

“When did you fall asleep?” Jaejoong asked.

“Umm… I think it was at the part where your character was devastated by something.”

“Aish so you saw at least half of it then,” Jaejoong seemed to be slightly relieved.

“Well, it’s time we went home,” Yoochun said as he went to grab his keys, Yoohwan got off the couch to put his shoes and jacket on.

“Thank you for having him Junsu-ee,” Yoochun said as he hugged his friends.

“He is a good kid,” Junsu assured Yoochun with a faint nod from Jaejoong.

“Yeah it must be nice having someone to look up to you.” Yoochun glanced at his dongsaeng.

“I hadn’t seen him for a while.” He admitted, “That’s the only thing I regretted about being a musician, I’m glad that he is here, means I can watch out for him.”

“We’ll see you later,” Jaejoong added as Yoochun got out his car keys.

“See you,” Yoochun said waving as he caught up with his dongsaeng.

“Oh yeah Yoohwan-ah,” Junsu called to the hoobae who turned to them.

“If you ever need anything, call either one of us,” he gestured to himself and to Jaejoong, “we’ll be happy to help in any way we can if your hyung is unable to.” Yoohwan warily eyed Yoochun who seemed to say with his expression, ‘thank them at least.’

“I appreciate it hyungs,” Yoohwan bowed to them, “thank you.” The two smiled back at him, Yoohwan made a shy smile.

“Have a good night,” Jaejoong told him.

“I will,” Yoohwan said happily and he followed after his hyung.

***

As they drove to Yoochun’s place Yoohwan nodded off again. Yoochun looked at his brother; some thoughts came across his mind. He had missed seeing Yoohwan grow up into a young man. His time spent away from them for his dream had been at the cost of quality time with his dongsaeng. Apart from the lawsuit that had spiraled out of control as well as the bitter words of past friends the only other regret Yoochun had was that he had not been there for his brother. It must have been hard on him at times. Even though Yoohwan never complained about school or friends, Yoochun felt that being his dongsaeng wouldn’t be easy. What if he had been bullied at school? What if he had struggled to study? These were some of the things that Yoohwan had never said but that was because he’d been raised to see the best in others.

“I will do better this time,” Yoochun said to himself as he pulled into the driveway, “I will make sure that you are happy Yoohwan-ah.”

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Yeah a change to the typical flow so I hope this is ok subscribers. We will be getting on to the main plot in the next chapter and things will definitely pick up so anticipate!