38. Strong Heart

Our Sweet Scripted Scandal

“Ok Jiyoung are you ready?” Someone knocked on her dressing room door. Jiyoung stepped out in her outfit which was a light brown tunic with black jeans and black ankle breakers. The stylist had tied her hair in a ponytail and she had large brown stone earrings in.

“Please come this way,” the crew member led her to the studio where they ran over the outline of the show with the guests, showed them where they would sit and showed them their stories written on the chalk boards.

“Ok into your places,” the director motioned the cameramen to go into their positions and the cast sat down in their chairs. Make up was given the final touch and Seunggi quickly greeted the guests beforehand with the Teuk academy.

“Jiyoung-sshi thanks for coming,” he said as they bowed to each other. Leeteuk, Eunhyuk and Shindong said hello to her.

“Omo you really are pretty,” Leetuek complimented her.

“Yah hyung you are already married,” Shindong teased making Leetuek bow his head in embarrassment.

“I’m available Jiyoung-sshi,” Eunhyuk pointed at himself, “Would you like to have dinner?”

“Ok you clowns we need to get in your seats,” Boom laughed pretending to pull Eunhyuk by the ear.

“OK are we all seated?” The director asked and they all sat down in the dark. A curtain concealed them from the crowd.

“We’re on in five, four three, two…” He mouthed one before the cameras went on.

“Tonight on Kang’s Strong Heart it is our heart ache special. Our guests have prepared stories about times when they struggled with love. Sweet and sad stories about husbands, wives, friends and family will all be revealed. Oh it’s so emotional,” Seunggi pretended to cry causing the audience to crack up laughing.

“Now here are your besotted guests,” the curtain went down and everyone began to clap and there was some screaming too.

“Ah we have a nice guest list today don’t we?” And the audience responded with a loud, yes.

“They never did this for us,” Boom said causing laughter.

“Maybe because they’re sick of you,” Yongchul one of the comedians said and they laughed.

“Now today we’ve got people from everywhere,” the camera turned to one of the male actors.

“One of them happens to be Lee Minho,” the audience went wild for the actor.

“This is your first time on Strong Heart isn’t it?”

“Yes, I’m nervous,” Minho said.

“You’ll be fine,” Seunggi blankly assured him as the audience laughed at his humor.

“But it isn’t just his first time,” Leetuek told him, some of the cameras pointed to Jiyoung who sat nervous in her seat.

“Ah yes this is the first time we have a new actress here. Let’s welcome Choi Jiyoung,” the audience clapped while Jiyoung bowed to them.

“Why don’t you say a quick greeting to our viewers?”

“Hello I’m Choi Jiyoung and I play Sesoo in the drama ‘my nephew’s a punk?!’” The guests applauded her.

“Didn’t you also get a lead role in a film with Park Yoochun?” This got the audience’s attention.

“Y-yes,” Jiyoung said causing his fans to go wild.

“Ah how has it been?” Seunggi asked.

“It’s been an enjoyable experience,” Jiyoung replied, “I feel blessed to have taken part in such a project.”

“When is the film going to be shown?” Others nodded.

“Umm…. At the end of this month I believe,” Jiyoung said.

“We will look forward to it then and give you our support.” Seunggi told her, “Now what story is it that you will be sharing?” They showed her board.

“’I thought I could trust you,’” Seunggi read, “hmm I’m curious as to whether this is about Park Yoochun or…” The atmosphere went awkward and some enraged audience members yelled out.

“Cut,” the director came out and had a talk with Seunggi who bowed in apology. They had to redo that part again.

***

“Now going against Lee Minho is our newest face to the small and big screen. Choi Jiyoung.” The audience clapped as Jiyoung prepared to share her story.

“I thought I could trust him. Now recently we heard about your alleged relationship with a hallyu star and so we want to know who this is about.”

“Actually,” Jiyoung began, “it’s about my ex.”

“Oh you mean… Not the star?”

“No I went out with this person before him.”

“Ah ok,” Seunggi nodded, “well when you are ready.”

“I’ve known this person for a while,” she began, “he was in the year above me at high school and he was close to one of my male class mates. They played soccer together out of school.”

“Ah so you two met in high school?” Seunggi asked her.

“Something like that,” Jiyoung admitted, “I had a crush on him after he finished school and he would come and say hi to this person but I didn’t say anything at the time.”

“Why not you could have been dating him earlier!?” Boom said outraged while everyone laughed.

“Eventually we finished High school and I applied to university. He showed interest in me and then we started dating.”

“How long were you two together for?” Leetuek asked her.

“Umm about… Two years,” people went whoa and some mouth two months.

“So it would have been a serious relationship.”

“Not really, we saw each other a few times a week because he would be busy… Or so I thought.” She breathed through her nose, “I had no idea about his problem…”

“What problem?”

“He is an alcoholic,” the audience sounded their reaction as well as the guests who had mouths open.

“So he drank a lot.”

“Yes, it had started when his soccer team had lost a final and he went to a bar when he found he liked alcohol. He’d been bought up in a strict family and they didn’t drink.”

“Whoa,” Seunggi adjusted his shirt collar, “so what happened afterwards?”

“One time I went to see him and he’d been drinking,” Jiyoung said with caution, “when I found out he threw me out of his home.” She breathed out heavily, “and things started to go downhill.”

“That would be hard,” Eunhyuk said, “when people drink they can get very moody I see this when they drink,” he pointed at Shindong and Leetuek who laughed embarrassed.

“Yeah and your behavior can change dramatically,” Seunggi agreed. They then waited for Jiyoung to continue.

“But that wasn’t the last time;” Jiyoung continued her heart starting to hurt, “sometime after that he threw an empty Soju bottle at me when I tried to take it away from him.” People gasped, “and he would swear, become aggressive and difficult.”

“Sorry if this sounds like too much of a personal question,” one of the other guests started, “but… Did he ever hit you?” Jiyoung swallowed.

“No but he came close to doing so,” everyone was quiet.

“That would have been a scary situation,” Seunggi told the audience and the guests, “it’s good that you managed to leave him.”

“Yes, but…” Jiyoung’s eyes suddenly began to fill; she closed and put a hand over it. She lifted her head to the ceiling for a moment, “but when he did… I found out that he stole from us.”

“Wow, what did he steal?”

“About four hundred thousand won,” Jiyoung blinked pinching the corners of her eyes, “it was to pay for my university text books.”

“Whoa, it must be hard then talking about this,” Seunggi said to Jiyoung who accidentally let some tears fall, “especially now that something similar happened.”

“I thought that it wouldn’t hurt if he did that to me….” She bit her lip, “but… It feels as if that I can no longer trust anyone…” They stopped the cameras so they could redo Jiyoung’s makeup.

“It would be hard when someone you care for ends up being someone who has this dark side,” Seunggi said, “and it would be hard to decide whether or not to stay with them.” One of the other guests, the actress Baek Jiyoung gestured to speak.

“I think that is when you have to decide whether you are going to risk your heart or your health,” people nodded and murmured to agree, “people who are living with an addiction can get help and they should. Don’t hurt the ones you love by going on with this destructive behavior.”

“I agree Jiyoung-sshi,” Seunggi said, “at least now Jiyoung never has to see or have anything to do with that person. We should protect her shouldn’t we?” The audience said yes which touched Jiyoung.

“Ok now let’s see who won this battle.” The two guests prepared themselves as the wind hit one of the guests.

“Choi Jiyoung,” she opened her eyes and shyly clapped.

“I have a question,” Boom suddenly said getting everyone’s attention, “this star that you were in a relationship with, Park Yoochun right?” Jiyoung nodded.

“Well you two were together for a couple of months right?” Jiyoung nodded again.

“Where are you going with this?” Seunggi asked making some people laugh.

“Do you have feelings for him still?”

“That’s not the question,” one of the comedians (A/N the female with short hair not Juri), “it should be are you in love with him?” The fans began to scream while some of the guests clapped or did a thumbs up.

“Well Jiyoung-sshi,” Seunggi asked the embarrassed Jiyoung, “do you like/love him?” Jiyoung had to think for a moment. Her heart was pounding out of her chest.

“……Yes.” She made a smile while people began to applaud the confession.

“Then it’s settled you get back together with him,” Boom told her simply, “Eunhyuk-sshi knows his friend Junsu-sshi so he can be the link?”

“Why me?” Eunhyuk pointed to himself while Leetuek patted him on the leg.

“Maybe you can send him a message,” Seunggi said, “look straight into that camera and tell the world how you feel.” Jiyoung didn’t really want to but she was being pushed against her will.

“I know the last time we talked it wasn’t on good terms,” she contemplated what else she was going to say, “but I would be happy if you chose me over her. The chances are in her favor and if you decide that we aren’t meant to be then I would understand. Be happy oppa,” she made a love heart with her fingers.

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

So now we know what happened to Doohoo and that Jiyoung does like/love Yoochun! This fanfic will be ending soonish :/ so enjoy until then but I don’t think it will be until another few chapters or so.