31. Double Seven

Our Sweet Scripted Scandal

Jiyoung was in her apartment eating ramen when there was a knock on the door. She went to answer it.

“Hey Jiyoung-ah how are you.”

“Unnie,” Jiyoung said as Hanbyul hugged her.

“It’s been a while hasn’t it?” Hanbyul asked as Jiyoung let her in.

“It has,” she pulled out a seat for Hanbyul to sit secretly wishing that she had cleaned up her home a bit,
“would you like something to eat or drink?”

“No thank you,” Hanbyul politely declined, “hopes you don’t mind me intruding on you like this. I got your address from Yoohwan-ah and he got it from his hyung.” Jiyoung understood.

“So is it true?” Hanbyul asked as Jiyoung, “I’ve only heard from Yoohwan-ah but I wanted to double check with you.”

“It is true, about me and Yoochun-ah.”

“Congratulations,” Hanbyul beamed as Jiyoung ate a mouthful of noodles, “I’m so happy for you. I guess that is part of the reason why I’m here.” She undid the buttons on her jacket, “would you and Yoochun be interested in coming with me and Dong-wook for a double date?”

“Whose Dong-wook?” Jiyoung asked confused.

“That’s Seven’s birth name.”

“Oh,” Jiyoung bowed, “I’m sorry for not knowing.”

“It’s ok,” Hanbyul said with a chuckle, “the couple we were meant to go with had to cancel at the last minute so I thought of you and decided to see if you were interested. Dong-wook is interested in meeting you through our drama. It got a rating of 30%.”

“Wow that’s good,” Jiyoung smiled shyly, “I like his music. You did great in his video for ‘Going Crazy.’”

“Thank you that was a lot of fun to do,” Hanbyul pushed hair off her shoulders, “especially breaking everything.” The two ladies laughed.

“Alright then, I’ll send u the address for the restaurant. Would next Saturday at seven pm suit you both?”

“I’ll ask him and let you know.”

“Excellent, well I’ll speak to later,” Jiyoung accompanied Hanbyul to the door and they hugged.

“Have a safe drive home unnie.”

“Sure, see you Jiyoung-ah,” with that Hanbyul left and Jiyoung typed a message to Yoochun:

Oppa, Hanbyul and her bf have invited us to dinner with them Sat next week at 7. Want to go? – Jiyoung

The reply came quickly:

Sure yeoboh ;-) – Yoochun

***

 The night of the double date came fast. It was casual dress which meant there was no pressure for Jiyoung. She just found a red dress with black spots and some black ballet flats to wear and a beige jacket. She was just applying mascara when there was a knock on the door. She glanced at the clock.

“Oppa you’re early,” she moaned as she opened the door and let him in.

“I know but I didn’t want to be late,” he teased pecking her on the cheek, “I’ve missed you.” He wouldn’t let go of her hand. She looked at him; he had that look about him.

“Oppa….”

“I know,” he let her go; “you aren’t ready yet for that.” She nodded.

“When Jiyoung-ah; when will you be ready for more than just holding your hand and just a kiss on the cheek?”

“I’m not sure oppa,” Jiyoung admitted putting her mascara away and grabbing her bag, “we should go. Do you know where it is?”

“Yes I checked the maps before coming,” he assured her ushering her out of the front door. She locked it and they walked to his car. The drive was a short one only fifteen minutes but it went by as they talked about the past week which had flown by. Soon they arrived at the restaurant, Yoochun parked the car and led Jiyoung to the front.

***

They followed the waiter to the table where Hanbyul and Dong-wook were waiting.

“Jiyoung-ah,” Hanbyul hugged her. She then went back to her boyfriend and stood beside him, “this is Dong-wook or Seven as you may know him.”

“Hello,” Dong-wook said grinning; his lips were much bigger in real life.

“Hi,” Jiyoung said, “nice to meet you.” Yoochun cleared his throat.

“Ah yes, this is Yoochunnie.”

“Yoochunnie?” Yoochun raised his eyebrows while Jiyoung blushed.

“How cute,” Hanbyul grinned, “come on let’s take a seat.” They sat down and looked through the menu.

“So how long have you two been together for?” Dong-wook asked them.

“Hmm…” Yoochun began to think, “two months and a week.”

“Ah,” Dong-wook nodded, “don’t worry after a year you don’t really need to count anymore.”

“That’s because we’ve been together for so long,” Hanbyul tugged him on the arm and they exchanged contact in the eyes.

“It’s like we’re already married,” their eyes sparkled happily while Yoochun and Jiyoung bashfully looked at the menu or had a sip of water.

“So has the topic of marriage been on the table yet?” Yoochun asked going on from what Dong-wook had just said.

“We’ve been thinking about it,” Hanbyul told them, “but we want to wait until he’s done his military service. Why waste two years of marriage with him being away from home?”

“Good point,” Yoochun concluded on that.

“Listen,” Dong-wook began, “if any of you two have any questions about anything we’ll be happy to help.”

“Thanks Dong-wook-sshi.”

“Call me hyung Yoochun.”

“Alright, hyung,” he giggled at the end of this and Jiyoung couldn’t help but find this cute.

***

The night went by fast and soon they were saying their goodbyes.

“We’ll have to do this again soon,” Dong-wook said to them as he shook Yoochun’s hand.

“Of course, once the movie is finished with and you both aren’t busy.”

“Agreed,” Hanbyul said as she hugged Jiyoung, “keep me informed about you two ok?” Jiyoung obediently agreed.

“Alright now you two have a good night,” Dong-Wook waved as he held Hanbyul’s hand, “next time we’ll go to my restaurant.”

“I’ll look forward to that,” Yoochun agreed as he showed Jiyoung to his car.

“Hey Jiyoung-ah,” Jiyoung turned to Yoochun in her seat; they had been quiet for five minutes since they left the date, “would you like to do something on Chuseok?” Jiyoung had to contemplate. She didn’t feel keen about spending time with her parents alone.

“Sure,” she decided, “what did you have in mind?”

“Well…” He let his train of thought arrive, “I was thinking maybe a ferry ride. Junsu and Jaejoong are going to have a small get together on a ferry and you are invited as well.”

“Sounds lovely,” she told him.

“That’s good, I’ll get your home address and then we can go to the ferry from your parent’s house.”

“Alright,” Jiyoung smiled as they stopped at her door.


“Night Jiyoung-ah,” they hugged.

“Night oppa,” Jiyoung echoed back.

“I’ll call you,” Yoochun added as he began to go down the stairs.

“Sure.”

*************************************************************************************
Ah a double date with Seven and Hanbyul. The next chapter will be very enjoyable for several reasons, one Junsu, Jaejoong, Yoohwan will be in it and something else will happen too ;-) Sorry this update only came today. We had a family tragedy in the beginning of the week and so it’s been a bit tough but now I’m feeling much happier and better :-)