33. Suspicion

Our Sweet Scripted Scandal

Jiyoung waited with the Park brothers at the dock while the paramedics checked them over.

“You both seem to be in good condition,” the paramedic remarked as he finished taking Yoochun’s pulse, “but just to be safe you two will be admitted to hospital for a checkup.” They nodded.

“Will you be alright getting home?” Yoochun asked Jiyoung as Jaejoong thanked the guests for coming as they began to grudgingly leave.

“Sure,” Jiyoung was tempted to touch her lips; the kiss was still fresh in her memory. She saw that Junsu was talking with some females using rapid hand gestures to tell a funny story.

“Maybe Junsu-ah can drop you off,” Yoochun suggested, “he should be the safest one on the road seeing as he doesn’t drink.”

“I’ll ask him then,” Jiyoung said, Yoohwan was shown into the ambulance and the paramedics waited for Yoochun to come in.

“I’d better go,” Yoochun said with some remorse at having to leave her, “I’ll call you when I get home ok?”

“Sure,” she said nodding simply. They both stood without moving. Yoochun seemed itching to do something.

“Alright,” she stepped forward and lifted her head to him. A moment later his lips touched hers in a short sweet kiss.

“See you,” he said when she had opened her eyes.

“Bye,” she said walking over to Junsu who was waving a farewell to the ladies.

“Ah Jiyoung-ah,” Junsu said grinning, “do you need a lift home?”

“Yes if that isn’t too much trouble.”

“No problem at all I’ll just say bye to hyung and then we’ll be off.” Instead of going to Jaejoong Junsu went to a guy who was a bit taller than him and looked similar to him.

“Safe drive twin,” the guy said patting Junsu on the head.

“Yah Juno,” Junsu said bashfully before adding, “you too.” He then took Jiyoung to his car.

***

“Thanks for the lift,” Jiyoung said as she got out of the car.

“No problem,” Junsu said with the passenger window down, “see you later.”

“Ok have a good night,” Jiyoung waved before she went to her apartment. She wasn’t able to sleep her mind was going back to what happened on the boat.

“Jiyoung… I think I’m in love with you.” She shook her head against her pillow.

“No don’t,” she murmured in her sleep, “don’t say such things… If hurt me.” The next thing she knew it was morning and she had to be up and ready to go to some auditions before she left the phone rang.

“Hello Choi Jiyoung speaking.”

“Jiyoung-sshi this is the CEO of Loen entertainment,” Jiyoung held her breath, “do you know why I am calling?” She automatically started to shake her head but then she had to reply, “N-no sir.”

“I was calling because I am interested in signing you up to my company as an actor. I’d heard that you weren’t signed yet and your agent had been having trouble finding someone to take you in; would you be interested at all in joining us?”

“Of course,” this was great news for her.

“Excellent, well if you come in to the building tomorrow morning then I can discuss with you in person about a contract as well as organize you a manager and other arrangements how does that sound?”

“That sounds great,” Jiyoung smiled.

“Good well you have a good day and we will see you at ten thirty am.”

“Alright that is fine,” he hung up. Jiyoung immediately called Hanbyul.

“Unnie guess what?! Loen entertainment wants me to work under their company!”

“Oh wow congratulations,” Hanbyul said over the line, “we should celebrate! My manager says I have the next couple of hours free so why not get coffee and cake?”

“Sure.”

***

Jiyoung met with Hanbyul at the coffee shop who gave her a small bouquet of flowers.

“Unnie,” Jiyoung began sniffing the lilies and carnations, “you shouldn’t have.”

“Congratulations,” Hanbyul grinned as they took a seat at a two person table, “I’m so happy for you. Normally actors are recruited into companies through audition. If they’ve studied at university then it tends to be harder for them to be signed up later on but you’re living the rookie actresses dream so well done.”

“Thank you,” Jiyoung said bowing. They then left their bags at their table as they went to order their coffees and some cake.

“So how did your Chuseok go?” Hanbyul asked.

“It was…” Jiyoung thought about the incident with Hyung Joong, the tipsy Jaejoong and then the near scare plus the kiss with Yoochun, “--good thank you what about yours?”

“Well I shouldn’t say anything but…” Hanbyul lifted her right hand up to rest on her cheek. The sparkle of gold and diamond caught Jiyoung’s eye.

“Oh wow,” Hanbyul laid her hand flat on the table so Jiyoung could examine it, “did Dong-wook give you this?”

“Yes and it isn’t a promise ring,” Jiyoung didn’t need any hints.

“Oh my gosh,” she hugged Hanbyul from across the table, “congratulations!”

“Shh,” Hanbyul put a finger on her lips, “we aren’t going to say anything for a while because oppa is going to be doing a new Japanese album soon and then he’s leaving for the army sometime soon so we aren’t going to say anything until he’s been on duty for a year.”

“Aww,” Jiyoung could sympathize with Hanbyul, “but at least he asked you.”

“Yeah,” Hanbyul moved her hand as the waitress came with their coffee.

“Here you are, a flat white and a soy milk cappuccino,” she added. She stopped as she saw Jiyoung.

“Excuse me,” she said in a low voice, “but are you really dating Yoochun from JYJ?” Hanbyul frowned at her. Jiyoung gave a small gesture of acknowledgement.

“Oh so you really are?” She seemed disappointed and puzzled, “I’ve heard that—“

“—Heard what?” Hanbyul interrupted.

“T-that… Yoochun was interested in one of his ex girlfriends again,” Hanbyul watched Jiyoung for an reaction.

“Where did you get that from?” Hanbyul demanded annoyed.

“A lot of people have been talking about it,” the waitress said simply before she briskly walked away.

“Hmm how strange,” Hanbyul commented as Jiyoung sipped her drink, “that’s the first I’ve heard about it.” She gently touched her bottom lip with her teeth, “what do you think Jiyoung?”

“I have no idea,” Jiyoung shrugged but deep down inside something said that this wasn’t just to be brushed aside.

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Oh dear what do we have here? Is Yoochun being unfaithful? Wait and see oh yeah I now have 23 subscribers for this! Thank you guys :)