1. The Cast List

Our Sweet Scripted Scandal

The phone rang early in the morning. Groaning, Jiyong turned over in her sleep before she sat up to answer it. Her long black hair draped over her face and her shoulder.

 

“Hello Choi Jiyoung here?”

 

“Ah Ms Choi this is Kim Taeho.” She sat up and straight.


“Director Kim Taeho?” She asked, her heart starting to beat, “the director from The Housemaid?”


“Yes,” he laughed, “now I’m aware that you auditioned to be in the latest drama My Nephew is a Punk? Is that correct?” She nodded, “um yes that is right.”

“Well I just wanted to let you know, that you got the part of Lee Sesoo.” She blinked hard, unable to believe her luck. Lee Sesoo was the best friend of the aunt who was going to be played by Park Hanbyul and the love interest for her in the drama would be Baek Minhyun.

 

“Thank you sir,” Jiyoung told him over the phone.


“You are welcome, I saw on your application that you finished your bachelor in acting last year and were struggling to find work which I found hard to believe seeing how confident you were on camera.”

“Thank you sir,” Jiyoung was gushing from his compliment.


“Come to the studio at ten o’clock tomorrow morning. We are having an introductory get together before we start script reading the day after.”

“Of course I will be there.” She told him, “Thank you once again.”
 

“Don’t mention it, have a good day,” he hung up before she could wish the same for him. Climbing out of bed she went to the kitchen to put toast on. She peered at her fridge, photographs were neatly arranged to show the whole picture and the mosaic tiled frames around them. One was of her and her parents when she graduated from university and another was of her school friends. There was a smaller one in a love heart. It was of her and a guy with their arms around each other.

 

I really should take it down, she thought tying her hair up to go have a shower.

 

***

The next morning she arrived at the Munhwa Broadcasting studios and was shown to the studio where the cast were arriving. She walked in attracting the attention of almost everyone. Out of habit she peered down at herself, her long legs were showing as well as her long black hair which hung loose. She was in a pair of skinny jeans that ended at the ankle and had a black shirt tucked in at the waist.

 

“Hey doesn’t she look like…?”

“Yeah there are some similarities,” others noted. Jiyong appeared lost until a man with a happy face came over to her.


“Ah Choi Jiyoung, welcome,” she bowed to him and he returned it.


“Kim Taeho’s the name, come meet your co-stars.” He took her over to a small group of people that had gathered. She recognized the faces.


“Park Hanbyul this is Choi Jiyoung,” Mr. Kim gestured to Jiyong who bowed to her senior. Hanbyul was two years older than her which made her the younger female. Hanbyul bowed back, she was gorgeous in real life; a doll like face with brown hair and bangs.

 

“Nice to meet you,” she said to her.


“Same here,” Jiyong replied back.


“Baek Minhyun is to play Jung Leeho, the businessman and love interest of Kim Johye,” She bowed to him but he surprised them by taking her hand. He was known to be handsome for his rugged features; however his neatly groomed hair did not take away from his looks.  


“It will nice to work with you,” Jiyoung started, flustered.


“The pleasure is all mine,” he answered lowering her hand gently.

 

“Now we are missing the nephew,” Taeho said aloud, “has anyone seen Yoohwan? Has Park Yoohwan been seen by anyone?” Jiyong was surprised by this.

 

Park Yoohwan? The brother of…..

 

“Hello, sorry for being late,” a young man called out bowing to everyone. He had a very mature face for such a young man, more narrow than that of his brother. He was the youngest cast member.

 

“Yoohwan-ah,” Taeho called to him, “come meet your sunbaes.” He walked over, his strides like a man. He was average height but he stood at the same height as Jiyoung, 178 cm. When he arrived he bowed to them ninety degrees.

 

“Hello I am Park Yoohwan,” he said also holding out a hand, “it will be great working with you all.” Minhyun bowed to him and then shook the hand.

 

“I watched that drama you were in.” He told him, “You did really well for being your first chance at acting.”

 

“Thank you,” he replied a grin on his face; he then bowed again to Hanbyul.

 

“I’ve admired your acting in Little Black Dress. You played my favourite character from that film.”

“Aw you’re so sweet,” Hanbyul pinched his cheek playfully, making the poor Yoohwan’s ears redden.


“And this is Choi Jiyoung,” Taeho turned to Jiyoung who had been staring off into space for a minute.


“Huh? Oh I’m sorry, please excuse me,” she said as Yoohwan bowed to her. She bowed to him; he seemed to be taken with her.


“Wow, you’re very pretty.” Jiyoung felt the eyes of all the cast turn to look at her.


“Haha, that is very charming,” Jiyoung laughed it off but ended up having her told that her aegyo was rather cute. 

 

It was going to be a very interesting three months.

 

(So what do you think? I’m not sure if I can write better in third or first person. If you’ve read even when the Sun Rises which is in first person can you tell me which you prefer? Thanks for your feedback ^^)