36. Manager

Our Sweet Scripted Scandal

Jiyoung stayed at home for the rest of the day. She didn’t answer the phone but replied to texts providing it wasn’t a particular person. The news about her signing onto Loen entertainment became viral and people were congratulatory.

Just when she thought no one else would be calling her that day her phone rang. It was Hanbyul.

“I heard the news, are you ok?”

“I’ll survive,” Jiyoung moaned as she shrank into her chair, “what else can I do?”

“It’s not your fault. Yoochun was a douche two-timing you like that I can’t believe…”

“I don’t want to go over it again,” Jiyoung interrupted.

“Oh sorry, how’s things with Loen?”

“Good the contract will be signed by tomorrow afternoon.”

“See something good has happened. Well I have to go I have shooting to go to. See you.” Jiyoung ended the call.

***

Jiyoung went to the shops to get groceries when someone tugged her on the arm.

“Noona can we talk?”

“Yoohwan,” she hadn’t seen him for a while, “what about?”

“About my hyung—“

“There’s nothing to talk about.” She began to walk away but he ran after her.

“Noona it was a misunderstanding—“

“How was it a misunderstanding?!” She snapped, “he was perfectly clear with his actions. He is interested in his ex and I’m the cover-up.”

“No,” he stopped, “well it was meant to be that at first but then…”

“Shut up you are not helping his case!” Yoohwan was stunned by her sharp tongue, “the problem isn’t with you and me. It’s between me and him,” Jiyoung went to the checkout and paid for her items.

“But you haven’t responded to any of his calls.”

“Do you think I honestly should?”

“Well… Shouldn’t you hear him out at least?” Jiyoung stopped walking and spun around.

“Someday I will hear him out, but it doesn’t mean that we can go back to how we were before.” Yoohwan kept his mouth closed and let her walk away.

***

Unfortunately things didn’t seem to get any better for Jiyoung. The next day she had to do some shooting for the film posters. The photographer was happy as he greeted the main cast and they got into costume.

“Good expression,” he said to Jiyoung as she stared blankly at him, “definitely the character as Ji-woon said.” The name flared up her anger which caused a slight frown.

“Uh oh eyebrows up Jiyoung,” he warned her and she did as she was told giving a sigh.

“How’s everyone?” Ji-woon came to see the cast as they were having a break. His eyes saw Jiyoung but she looked away.

“Anyway I’ve been told that for the soundtrack JYJ has agreed to sing the love theme. The song is written by Yoochun and is called ‘If I can’t stay’.” Jiyoung’s heart ached when she recognized the name. She wasn’t even aware that Yoochun was watching her face.

“Ok I’d better get going, have a good day.” Ji-woon began to leave as the group started to talk amongst themselves. Ji-woon suddenly went over to Jiyoung.

“Jiyoung-ah,” he began, “I just wanted to apologise to you.” He breathed out, “I’m sorry about the casting thing. It wasn’t fair of me and I didn’t think about how you would feel.” He expected Jiyoung to tell him that it was ok but instead he was given a cold deadly glare.

“Do you know how stupid I felt?” Ji-woon colleagues drew sharp breaths while some of the people close by sensed the air grow tight.  She got up in her chair and walked off.

“Ok are we ready for the main one….?” The photographer gaped, “w-where is my ghost?”

“She went to her dressing room?” The sunbae of the group told him.

“I’ll see to her,” one of the actors got out his chair.

“Thank you Sung Joon-sshi,” the photographer told him as the handsome actor went off. Yoochun stayed seated, doing his best not to show frustration.

***

Sung Joon stopped at her dresser room and knocked on the door.

“Jiyoung-sshi?” He stopped.

“Go away,” Jiyoung said with a broken voice. He entered to find her sitting on a chair, red eyes and nose with a tinge of pink to it.

“Jiyoung,” he walked over to her and sat in the chair in front of her, “what’s the matter? You’ve been very unfriendly today.”

“I…” She shook her head, “did you hear the news?” Sung Joon had to think.

“I think I heard about it yes.” He said with careful wording, “have people harassed you about it?”

“No,” Jiyoung shook her head, “Loen are keeping me in the down low so people don’t find out about where I live etc. But I have a press conference which I am to attend next week.”

“Surely you have a manager that can give you advice.”

“No not yet, but Loen will be giving me one soon.”

“Hmm I see,” Sung Joon reached for a tissue from the nearby box and gave it to her, “here. We’re waiting for you.” Jiyoung nodded.

“OK,” she got out of her chair and followed Sung Joon while dabbing her eyes.

***

“Ah Jiyoung glad you could come in at such late notice,” Jiyoung bowed to the CEO while a man with a tall frame and a long face sat next to him.

“I’m assuming you know why you are here right?” Jiyoung shook her head.

“Well Jiyoung today is the first day that you meet your manager. Choi Jiyoung I would like to introduce you to Jung Heo hyun.”

“Nice to meet you,” the man bowed to her and Jiyoung bowed back.

“You two will end up spending a lot of time together so make sure you get along alright?” The CEO got the secretary to open his door, “thank you both.” Jiyoung and Heo hyun both left.

“So Jiyoung you’ve been in a drama and most recently a film.” Heo hyun said as he read over documents while they walked.

“Yes that is correct.”

“Alright,” he nodded as he flipped through some pages, “ok I should explain to you what my role is. So I will be taking care of your schedule, making sure you get to them on time as well as your public appearances. You will be sharing your stylist with the other actress Baek Jiyoung.”

“Ok,” Jiyoung nodded.

“Now then,” he put his paperwork down, “is there anything that you would like to ask me?”

“Are you related to 4minute’s manager?”

“Huh?” He laughed, “no why do you ask?”

“It’s just that you two look similar in some ways,” Jiyoung dumbly admitted.

“Oh ok, is he handsome?”

“Yes,” Jiyoung began to go red.

“Alright then I’ll take that as a compliment,” Heo hyun chuckled, “now there was also something else we needed to go over.” They sat down on a small brick wall, “that is this current scandal with Yoochun.”

“That,” Jiyoung breathed out not knowing what to expect.

“But Loen is currently talking with Avex to either pay you back or they will be in big trouble.”

“Why would that be?”

“What they’ve done is considered defamation of character and if not dealt with could lead to them paying back Loen for bringing shame to one of their employees.”

“But still…”

“So you would rather they didn’t pay?”

“No it’s not that it’s…” Jiyoung made a half hearted smile, “it’s more like deep down…. I still care for him. Yoochun that is.”

“Hmm well I guess you can move on in time,” Heo hyun got up, “come on we have to prepare you for what you are going to say for the press conference.”

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Oh dear…. Well this chapter is short because the next is long. Thanks for commenting and reading