9. The Date part 1.

Our Sweet Scripted Scandal

“He asked you to be my date?”  Yoochun looked bewildered for a moment but then chuckled, “ah he must have wanted his hyung to not be humiliated.”

“I’m sorry?” Jiyong tilted her head at him puzzled, “but why would you be humiliated?”

“Because it’s a business dinner that I’m meant to be attending to,” Yoochun said as they went towards the stairs, “if it goes according to plan then I could be starring in a feature length film.”

“Oh wow,” Jiyong hid her jealously with great ease, “that opportunity only comes once in a lifetime.”

“Well it helps if you’ve acted before and are already famous,” Yoochun beamed like a young boy. Jiyong gave a half hearted nod. She didn’t need to be reminded about Yoochun being famous.

“Mm but you still could be in films one day,” Yoochun told her, “the directors would like you.” Jiyong raised her eyebrows. “What would they like about me?”

“Well umm,” Yoochun became quiet for a moment as they were greeted by the waiter, “good evening and how may I help you?”

“We are here to meet with Kim Ji-woon,” Yoochun told him taking a step closer to Jiyong. Jiyong tensed up for a moment, unable to look at him in fear she would give him the wrong idea.

“Ah yes he has been seated I will show you to your table,” the waiter took off at a fast walk. Yoochun hooked his arm in Jiyongs’.

“Let’s go,” he said with as little awkwardness as he could muster. Jiyong took a deep breath and walked side by side to him.

***

They arrived at the table where a middle aged man and woman both dressed nicely were. They stood up and received the blind daters’ bows.

“It is good to finally meet you,” the man whom was obviously Ji-woon told Yoochun while shaking his hand, “have you met my wife?  This is Suri.”

“Hello oh my how lovely your date is,” Suri told Yoochun while Jiyong tried to hide her embarrassment. “Tell me your name my dear.”

“Choi Jiyong,” Jiyong said smiling behind her chagrin, “you are looking very lovely tonight too.”

“Well let’s sit down,” Ji-woon gestured for the pair to take a seat, “and we will talk about light things until the food arrives.”

***

Ji-woon was good at breaking the ice and Yoochun was full of laughter as he pulled funny expressions when it came to talking about his drama sungkyunkwan scandal.

“Yes I loved that show,” Suri reminisced pointing at Yoochun while gazing lovingly at her husband, “Yoochun did a great job too.”

“Thank you Suri-ssi,” Yoochun said to her.

“Please call me Ahjumma,” Suri told him, “what about you Jiyong?” Jiyong put down the menu after hearing her name.

“What is it that you do for a living?”

“Oh well.. I am acting in a drama at the moment.”

“Oh is that so which one?”

“It is called ‘My nephew’s a punk,” she told her.

“Ah I’ve heard about that one,” Ji-woon agreed, “still relatively new though. Heard only about two episodes have been filmed at the moment due to the lead stars being busy.”

“More like four,” Jiyong said this under her breath as she sipped her beverage.

“My dongsaeng is in it,” Yoochun added happily unaware of Jiyong’s swing in attitude.

“Ah that must be nice,” Suri told him, “so is that how you two met?” Yoochun nodded, Jiyong remained still.

“Aww its romantic isn’t it chagi?”

“Yes my dear, it is fate that they would be together through a common link.” Jiyong’s drink went down the wrong way and she started choking. She bent over the side of the table trying to breathe. Yoochun thumped her on the back and she wobbled.

“Oh Yoochun-ssi I think you hit her a bit too hard,” Suri said in concern while Jiyong flailed trying to get her posture again. Yoochun put his arms around her waist and lifted her straight. Jiyong yelped from the sudden contact.

“What are you doing Yoochun-ssi?!”

“Sorry I thought I was,” Yoochun stopped when he saw it was futile to argue.

“Oh I thought you two were close,” Suri said with disappointment, “way beyond the use of honorifics anyway.”

“I guess we still have a long way to go,” Yoochun joked trying to lighten the mood; Jiyong folded her arms in front of her.

“Anyway let’s not let one little thing ruin our whole evening now; looks like dinner is served.”

“Good,” they all looked at the food happily.

(And that’s part one of the date! Let’s see what happens in the next part oh yeah and I have 9 subscribers! Thanks to the 2 who are not silent readers XD)