35. It was all fake?

Our Sweet Scripted Scandal

Jiyoung’s hands shook as she held the paper, she couldn’t read it properly.

“M-Micky Yoochun of JYJ has recently been under the spotlight for his relationship with rookie actress Choi Jiyoung which was revealed to be confirmed by Avex Entertainment two days ago. The couple was spotted getting close and personal on a ferry ride on Chuseok where a witness saw him lift up his blanket over her head.” Near this was a poor quality photograph which resembled Yoochun with the blanket on his shoulders and her back was seen.

“H-however it seems that the award winning actor plus musician has been caught cheating on his new girlfriend with an old flame.” Jiyoung’s heart lurched, “this photograph was taken last night by a netizen who claims that he was with the leader of After School Park Gahi. It is rumored that the pair were going out before she debuted with After School as several pictures of them together have been leaked. Representatives of Pledis and Avex have both denied that the two are in a relationship again and ask that their fans respect their privacy for their lives.” Jiyoung let go of the paper, letting it flutter to the ground.

“We’re sorry,” Jea said. Jiyoung shook her head.

“No it must be some mistake…” The door to the CEO’s office opened and her agent and the CEO left.

“Pleasure doing business with you,” her agent said as they shook hands.

“Oh Jea, Narsha,” the CEO said, “what are you two doing out of practice?”

“D-did you know oppa?” Jiyoung asked her agent holding up the article in clear view. The color made a quick escape from his face.

“Come Jiyoung,” he said, “I need to do some explaining.”

***

Jiyoung walked beside her agent as they walked past street vendors.

“It is true that I knew about it,” he said as they stopped at a bench, “When Avex got news that you were in a drama with his brother they contacted me and asked for your cooperation.”

“Which means what exactly?”

“That you would star in a feature film as a lead role with Park Yoochun,” Jiyoung was shocked; she dropped to the chair.

“Y-you mean…” She couldn’t believe it, “that…They wanted me in the film anyway?”

“Yes, Ji-woon was given a payment to ensure that you would be given the role,” Jiyoung bit her lip.

“So… He was bribed?”

“Something like that,” her agent scratched the back of his neck, “So anyway—“

“But why did they need me in the film? Why couldn’t they have gotten someone else?”

“Because it was to cover up…” Her agent gasped.

“Cover what up Minsu?!” Jiyoung let stay open.

“R-read the netizen articles,” he said hanging his head. Jiyoung got on her phone and searched up her name. The title of a forum caught her eye:

Yoochun dating Jiyoung is just a cover up? She read what the opener had posted:

So my cousin is close friends with one of JYJ’s stylists and she told me this. Apparently Yoochun oppa has been secretly contacting Gahi from AS. She’s an ex of his so this is a BIG deal. Do you think that’s why he’s been seen with Jiyoung? Links here from recent articles: (name of hyperlink) what do you all think? Jiyoung scrolled down to read some of the replies:

Yeah I heard about that too, I’ll just add that Avex approached Jiyoung’s agent and asked him if he was happy to fabricate a fake relationship with Yoochun to cover up the fact that he was interested in Kahi again. Didn’t hear anything new yet.  She clicked on the articles that were posted before:

Park Yoochun has a crush on his co-actress Choi Jiyoung?  The article then went on about how during a filming session Jiyoung had fainted and he had carried her to her caravan. The next article was listed Park Yoochun and Choi Jiyoung are confirmed to be dating.  To her horror in the article were photographs of them together, one from their barbecue date and some from the ferry.

“Jiyoung-ah,” her agent bowed to her, “I’m so sorry. I hope you aren’t disappointed.” Disappointed was an understatement. She got up and went for a bus.

“J-Jiyoung-ah?” She stepped on the bus without saying anything else.

***

She walked into the building and went straight to the secretary, “is Ji-woon in today!?”

“Umm can I just--?”

“NO IS HE IN OR NOT!?” She yelled.

“Jiyoung?” She turned to him; he was with some men in suits.

“Is it true?!” She called to him storming over there, “Were you going to pick me as the lead because you were bribed or not?!” There were gasps of shock from staff as well as other people waiting. His colleagues waited for him to answer. Jiyoung stood there, heaving breaths, secretly hoping that it had been a lie. He nodded.

“Yes,” Jiyoung let out a breath, swallowing.

“B-but why?” He didn’t answer so she her heel, head slightly down in anger.

***

She was going to the bus stop when her phone rang.

“WHAT?!”

“Whoa is that how you speak to your boyfriend?” The sound of his voice was grating to her.

“You’re not my boyfriend!” She spat, “you’re a lying sleaze!”

“Whoa what? A lying sleaze? What’s going on?”

“Don’t act as if you don’t know!” She snapped, “why are you going out with me if you are secretly seeing Gahi behind your back?!”

“Gahi? Jiyoung-ah you’ve got it—“

“—NO you’ve got it wrong!” She yelled back, “don’t ever call me again alright?! In fact GO TO HELL!” With that she hung up the phone and stormed in to her apartment. The anger was just a cover up to hide her hurt and disappointment.

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Oh gosh…. And things just get worse :(