5. A Brief Encounter

Our Sweet Scripted Scandal
  1. “Ok so we are all good to start?” The director asked the crew as they ran through the script for the next four episodes. The cast nodded.

 

“Yes let’s do this,” Minhyun pumped his fist making the cast laugh.


“Alright, we are going to the next morning after the big fight, nephew Kibum comes downstairs to apologise to… Hold on where is our Kibum?”

 

“Um sir no one has seen him this morning yet,” Hanbyul said while Jiyoung sat beside her, Minhyun went through his scenes again which he’d highlighted in yellow.


“Alright,” the director continued to lean back in his leather chair. “We’ll give him an hour and if he doesn’t come by then we will have to go through it without him.”

“Is that really ok?” Jiyoung covered , ashamed from speaking out. The director turned in his chair to her.


“This is a business; we must work as fast and as efficiently as we can. He can make up the lost script reading time in his own time.”

“Yes but…”

“But what Jiyoung-sshi?” They all waited for Jiyoung to reply. She stared at her boots before she finally faced her boss.


“It doesn’t seem fair.” The director gave a laugh, the tension in the room shifting.


“I’m sorry Jiyoung-sshi, I just assumed that you weren’t a university student,” he made his face serious, “that you are an actress who was aware of how filming for television and for the big screen worked. If you aren’t happy with how things are run you can go work at a kim chi restaurant.” Hanbyul and Minhyun gazed at Jiyoung, the other cast waiting for Jiyoung to move or speak. She shrank in her chair, lowering her head down.


“Good, now let’s get to it then.”

 

***

Never had the work place been a more awkward place for Jiyong than it was right now; she didn’t look at the director again but glanced occasionally at her other co actors who didn’t move. They were avoiding her for the time being.

 

There was a knock on the door to the room.


“What is it now?!” The director interrupted them as the door squeaked open.


“Sorry sir but Yoohwan has arrived.”

“Really? Well send him in.”

“It’s not just him sir….” Yoohwan came in, followed by his older hyung. He looked older in his glasses and a white polo.

 

“Hello everyone, sorry sir,” Yoohwan bowed to the director lower than to the rest of the cast.

“I must apologise,” Yoochun told the director, “I took Yoohwan out for breakfast and I lost track of time.”


“That’s alright Yoochun-sshi,” the director told him, “I’m just glad that my actor here knows when he is wrong and is able to apologise for it,” Jiyoung felt that jab was for her. Yoochun saw Jiyoung’s face lower.


“Well my dongsaeng isn’t perfect,” Yoochun began patting Yoohwan on the shoulder, “and neither am I. We all make mistakes at least once in a while.” Jiyoung lifted her head; she didn’t expect him to say that.

 

“Ah true, yes thank you Yoochun-sshi for bringing him.” The director clapped his hands, “grab a seat and then we can begin.” Yoochun ruffled his dongsaeng’s hair before he started to leave. Yoohwan waved to his brother and then grabbed a seat. Yoochun waved to the rest of the cast, his eyes stopping at Jiyoung for a second before she noticed anything. Yoohwan raised his eyebrows in interest, but he made no comment as he sat down.

 

(And we have a mean director *Evil laugh*. I’m in a bit of a bad mood right now. I was going to see my guy but because of my croaky voice I don’t get to see him :X. I guess when I do finally see him next I will be able to talk normally)