12. It was for Business only

Our Sweet Scripted Scandal

“Park Hanbyul how does it feel to be acting once again in a television drama?”

“It has been a real delight,” Hanbyul answered the reporter as she and the other four main cast members sat on the table. Hanbyul and Minhyun were in the middle. Jiyong sat next to Minhyun and Yoohwan was on Hanbyul’s other side. The guys looked smart in their dress shirts and trousers; Hanbyul was in a beige garment which accented her small waist. Jiyong tugged at her cotton grey dress; it was rather tight.

“Park Yoohwan, this is your second drama since The Shining would you say your acting has improved?”

“I’m acting in front of you all,” Yoohwan made the audience laugh, “yes thanks to the crew that watched my first drama they tell me about how more relaxed I appear when I’m in front of a camera they assure me that I’ve improved heaps since my first appearance.” The reporters talked, scribbled or flashed more photographs.

“Choi Jiyong, this is your first job as an actress since you finished your acting classes what would you say is the most enjoyable part of acting so far?” Jiyong had to think for a moment she then held close to the microphone.

“The whole thing in itself has been enjoyable,” she began, “the cast and the crew has been encouraging me since the first meeting. I hope to do my best in this drama so that I can continue doing what I love.”  There were pleased murmurs in the crowd as they took what she said on their recorders or note pads.

“Choi Jiyong, I’m aware that Park Hanbyul is dating, do you currently have a boyfriend?” Jiyong was stopped in her tracks. Excitement arouse from the audience. She could see the producer of the show shake his head.

“She went out recently,” Yoohwan said happily; Jiyong’s eyes widened in shock while their sunbaes stared at the outspoken youngster.

“Oh tell us who your date was,” one reporter said to her.

“Where did you go?”

“Will you be seeing him again?” More questions similar to this came at her fast. Jiyong’s head was turning back and forth. Hanbyul glanced at her anxiously.

“I have no boyfriend,” Jiyong said clearly to stop the disruption, “that was for business only it was not a personal matter thank you.” Jiyong leaned back in her seat. The reporters fluffed about but Jiyong didn’t give a stuff.

“Baek Minhyun, you are known for playing dorky humorous characters but has this new role managed to challenge you in any way?”

“Well yes,” Minhyun paused for dramatic effect, “I have to wear more suits.” The crowd laughed and Jiyong was relieved her co-worker could release some of the pressure.

***

“I’m sorry about the trouble I caused you,” Yoohwan said to her as they were making their way on to any other schedules.

“It’s ok, it happens to all of us.” Yoohwan nodded.

“But still maybe if I talked to Yoochun hyung-“

“I think you’ve done enough for now,” Jiyong cut him off. “Leave that between me and him.”

“But you haven’t called him since your date,” Yoohwan whined, “why noona? Don’t you like him or something?”

“No it’s not..” She stopped, Yoohwan proved to be undependable. If she said something too personal the whole world might find out.

“I don’t think I’m suited for him,” she finally told him. Yoohwan’s face drooped.

“But I thought… Oh well I guess it was a mistake then,” he bowed to her, “see you for the next filming?”

“Sure, have a good week,” Yoohwan nodded. Jiyong returned home and ate a late lunch. She couldn’t stop thinking about what Yoohwan had said.

Don’t you like him?

Well I can’t, not when he’s famous and I’m barely recognized.

**********************************************************************************

One reason why I would not like to be famous: press rallies LOL. The next chapter will be more exciting!