39. Pep talk with two stars

Our Sweet Scripted Scandal

Jiyoung thanked the other guests and Seunggi before she got changed and left for home. As she waited for Heo hyun to arrive her phone rang. She didn’t recognize the number.

“Hello?”

“Jiyoung-ah,” Jiyoung’s irises dilated.

“J-Jaejoong-sshi h-how did you get my—?”

“Yoohwan-ah gave it to me,” he replied, “Would you like to talk?”

“Umm… My manager is on his way to pick me up,” Jiyoung began.

“Oh that’s ok I called the company and asked if I could take you there after a while.” Jiyoung was feeling uncomfortable. What did he have in mind?

“You had a filming today didn’t you?” She nodded.

“Ok I will be there in fifteen minutes.”

“Wait Jaejoong-sshi…. Y-you haven’t been drinking have you?”

“Omo no I’m sober.”

“Ok just checking,” Jaejoong chuckled over the phone.

“See you then.” He hung up and Jiyoung placed her phone back in her bag.

***

A few minutes later a car pulled up to the side of the road and beeped it’s horn. Jiyoung walked over to it. The passenger window round down and a familiar face with sunglasses on gave a wave.

“Jump in,” he said stretching across with a skinny arm to open it for her. Jiyoung got in, the scent of an air freshener and the gentle music of piano playing.

“Where are we going?” She asked him as they went onto the road.

“Just to talk about something, you know what,” he remarked at the end. Jiyoung wondered why she even bothered to get in. They came to a small town and got out. She followed Jaejoong who walked down to a street vendor.

“Omo its Jaejoong,” some fans pointed at him while others clicked pictures. Jaejoong lifted up a hand and it drove them wild.

“Why are we stopping here?” She asked as Jaejoong glanced at the food.

“I’ll have two cobs of corn please,” Jaejoong said, “and a small serving of fried shrimp as well.” He took out some money and paid the vendor. The man gave him their food and Jaejoong thanked him.

“Here,” he held a cob out to Jiyoung.

“Thanks,” she said taking it and biting into it. It was sweet and juicy.

“Shrimp?” He held the bag to her and she shook her head. He nodded and ate one.

“Let’s go here,” he said pointing at a park. Jiyoung followed him to the park.

***

“What have you heard about Yoochun-ah?”

“Well,” she stopped for a moment, “that he was only seeing me as a cover up for being interested in someone else.”

“Ah,” Jaejoong bit into his cob wiping his mouth with the edge of his hand, “that’s it?”

“Yes.”

“Hmm,” he nodded as he thought it over, “how do you know it’s true?”

“Because a few sources confirmed it.”

“But did you ask him? Yoochun-ah I mean,” Jiyoung lowered her head slightly as she shook her head.

“Then maybe you should talk to him, he would be able to tell you if it’s true or not.”

“But how do I know he isn’t lying?” She said with bitterness in her voice.

“But what if he isn’t?” Jaejoong stepped in front of her putting a hand on her shoulder, “I know Yoochun-ah better than those reporters do. Give him a chance to say what’s really going on. Otherwise you are pushing a really good guy away. I don’t say this because I’m his hyung. The way he treated his other girls and how he woos them. I think anyone would be happy to have him.” Jiyoung took this into consideration.

“Ok I will think about it,” she said to him, “but I may not be able to forgive him yet. Is that ok?”

“Of course,” Jaejoong grinned, “I didn’t expect you to.”

***

They pulled over to a café and Jiyoung was gestured to get out.

“How come you’re dropping me here?”

“This is where I agreed with your manager that we would pick you up.”

“Oh ok,” she waved at Jaejoong, “thanks for the food Jaejoong-sshi.”

“You can call me oppa, I don’t mind.”

“Huh?” She was baffled when he winked.

“You have a good day and see you later.” He indicated and drove off. Jiyoung glanced around the café and walked inside. She was surprised when she saw a table with her name on a place card.

“What is this?” She sat down looking at it close up.

“Afternoon,” Jiyoung moved in her seat. The woman was tall; she had a slim waist and toned legs. She was in jeans and a white shirt with a grey jacket. She had a hat on which hid her face.

“Is this seat taken?” She asked tapping the back of the one opposite her. Jiyoung nodded and the woman sat. Her hat came off and was placed in her lap. Jiyoung couldn’t believe it.

“Y-you’re…”

“Yes,” she said, “I’m Park Gahi, nice to meet you Choi Jiyoung.” Jiyoung sat dumbfounded.

“But why are you…?”

“I think I have some explaining to do.” Jiyoung’s eyebrows came down slightly.

“There’s nothing to explain,” She said agitated, “he is with you and I was the cover-up.”

“I can honestly tell you that isn’t true,” Gahi said to her, “we never got back together.”

“That’s not what the press said.”

“Yes we did meet once,” Gahi explained, “but it wasn’t for a date. He was afraid that he didn’t really know you and he wanted advice.”

“So he came to you?” Jiyoung folded her arms in a defensive fashion.

“Yes, I asked him why but he felt that I would be the best bet,” Gahi pushed hair off her face, “but regarding what you heard before, yes he did actually try to get back together with me.”

“Exactly so why am I even sitting here listening to something I already know is true!” Jiyoung pushed her chair out, starting to stand.

“But then he met you.” Jiyoung stopped moving.

“You two had a blind date right?” Jiyoung nodded.

“Well, when you two started shooting for that movie that was when he stopped calling me.” Gahi took out a bottle of water and had a gulp, “the final call he made was, ‘sorry I was bothering you noona. I think I’ve realized that I like someone else. Thank you for teaching me how to date and respect women.’ Then that was it until he called me again to ask for help.” Jiyoung sat back down in her chair.

“So the rumor of you being a cover up for us was never true,” Gahi added putting her hat back on, “he was always with you.” She put her bag on her shoulder, “I can’t believe I had to come here just to prove a point.”

“Thank you,” Jiyoung bowed to her, “sorry for ever doubting you.”

“It’s not me you should be apologizing to,” Jiyoung waited for her to finish, “it’s him that needs to hear it.” Jiyoung nodded.

“Ok I will do that.”

“Good, all the best with you both,” Gahi gave a wave before she left. She got her phone out and called the film studio.

“Hello? Yes can I speak to Director Ji-woon-sshi? Yes, can you tell him that I have a request for him?”

*************************************************************************************
Yay Gahi and Jaejoong to the rescue; so now we know it was a misunderstanding all along and the reason why Gahi was seen with Yoochun. Only two more chapters left to go, bear with me until then and thank you for reading this fan fic.