8. Arrival

Our Sweet Scripted Scandal

Jiyong fumbled with her jewelry, her fingers gently trying to pry undone the knot that was in the chain of a gold pendant she wanted to wear. It was a small oblong with a crystal flower inside. The shape of the petals was exact to the design on her dress. Her wrist had a bracelet with gold links on it.

Her hair was pinned up and held up in a clip, she’d left her make-up simple. Red lipstick, black eyeliner and mascara as well as a light coat of powder to hide any blemishes she may have. Her only regret had been that she cut herself shaving. A beige band aid revealed the exact spot above her knee. It would only be shown when she sat down and her dress would ride up.

She stared at the clock, only five minutes left before she had to leave.

***

Her mum had been unimpressed when she finally did tell her the news.

“You’re going on a blind date? What would your father have to say about something like this?”

“Eomma, appa wouldn’t mind.”

“Maybe I should just call him from work and find out.”

“Please don’t do that…” Jiyong sighed at her mother’s slight over protectiveness.

“Fine, but who set you up?”

“A friend…..” Jiyong wasn’t exactly lying. This was true, Yoohwan was her junior but he was like a friend in a way.

“Ok so do you have a nice dress?”

“Yes,” she had nodded before and then realized that was pointless.

“You will have to wear it to the next wedding or funeral someday, how has your job been?”

“Good,” Jiyong smiled as she remembered how impressed the director had been that week.

“That is a relief and they have been paying you?”

“Yes they have,” Jiyong smiled when she remembered checking her balance. Soon she would have enough to buy a new wardrobe and then the clothes she’d lost from the disaster.

“Ok that’s a relief so now I don’t have to complain to them.” Jiyong frowned; her mother could be like that at times.

“I need to go get ready eomma.”

“Ok tell me about it when you return, his height, age and income.” Of course money was a priority, not!

“Bye,” Jiyong hung up before her mum could continue.

***

Now she was driving to the restaurant, her heart doing a somersault when she saw the place. It looked to be expensive.

She found a car park and got out, she patted her dress down and checked herself over for the umpteenth time and slowly made her way to the front of the place. 

Jiyong was getting nervous; she had no idea who she was meant to meet. Yoohwan had been no help.

“You will know when you see him,” was what he had told her.

It was not even five minutes but Jiyong was itching to walk back down the stairs and jump into her car. She hadn’t been on a date in ages, why did she even bother to….

“Choi Jiyong-sshi is that you?” She spun around; the talker was in front of her. He was in a black suit with a white shirt ed at the neck, she spotted a silver chain. His hair was neat and he looked out of place.

“Yoo… Excuse me Park Yoochun-sshi,” she said bowing to him, “I didn’t expect to see you here.”

“The same goes for you too,” Yoochun returned the bow, “so may I ask what you are doing here?”

“Oh I’m someone’s date.”

“Ah so you’re to be eating with someone?”

“Ne but I don’t know who for,” Jiyong admitted clutching her purse tight, “the person who set me up didn’t give me much information.” Yoochun nodded.

“Mm I was set up too, I have a business meeting and they asked me to bring someone along.” Yoochun scratched his neck, “it’s been a while since I went out with someone.”

“Me too,” Jiyong agreed, a small smile coming to her face. Yoochun chuckled; he was about to say something else when the phone rang.

“Hello? Oh hi Yoohwan-ee; why are you calling hyung right now?” Yoochun to an angle as he continued the conversation “is my date here? I don’t know; I only just arrived. You didn’t exactly say who you’d asked.”  Jiyong blinked.

Yoohwan had set him up too? That only meant one thing…..

Uh oh

“I have to go bye,” Yoochun hung up, he saw Jiyong shift positions, “are you alright?”

“I think so,” she said taking a long breath in of air, “but I think I figured out who’s your date…Me.”

(You’d think she’d be happy LOL? Well now we are getting more into things. Next chapter is the date, this shall be interesting….)