30. First real Date

Our Sweet Scripted Scandal

“Great job everyone,” Ji-woon was weary as he said this, his clap was half hearted and he looked ready to go to bed. Everyone was tired after a full eight hours of filming with only half an hour as a break.

“Hey Jiyoung-ah are you going to go home?” She looked at Yoochun who was giving a smile despite being worn out too.

“Umm probably, why do you ask?”

“I was just thinking… If maybe we could have dinner on the way?” Jiyoung nodded.

“Sure,” even though she wasn’t sure about Yoochun she wanted to at least try.

“Cool, I’ll just grab my things,” Yoochun went to get changed out of his costume while Jiyoung stood waiting. She was in a long denim skirt, a pair of cream boots, a green tunic top with elastic at the bottom and a beige jacket that was a shade darker than the skirt. She’d left her hair down and had gotten it straightened instead of brushing out the teasing.

“Alright,” Yoochun was in a dark green jacket with a white shirt and jeans. His shoes were grey converses, “let’s go.” He led her to his car and let her in. They drove through the heart of the city and pulled into a car park at a shopping complex.

“But Yoochun, nothing will be open.”

“Don’t worry I know a place that will be.” He closed her door for her and walked with her to the shop.

“Ah this place,” it was one of those restaurants where the guests got to cook their food on a small barbeque which was placed on their table.

“Welcome,” the waitress seemed oblivious to who Jiyoung was but smiled big at Yoochun.

“Table for two please,” the waitress nodded and showed them to one which was at the edge of a window. She didn’t appear to like Jiyoung unless Jiyoung had been reading the eye contact incorrect.

“Can we please get one serving of Dweji bulgogi (spicy pork) and one serving of Anshim gui (tenderloin beef).”

“Sure coming right up,” Jiyoung wasn’t fond of tenderloin but she was happy to have beef.

“Also can I get you a drink?”

“Please bring a bottle of Soju,” Jiyoung opened but then shut it. She was going to go with what he said just to make it run smooth.

“Coming right up,” the waitress left leaving the couple amongst themselves.

“Are you ok?” Jiyoung nodded to Yoochun.

“Yes.”

“It’s just that you seemed uncomfortable about me getting the wine?”

“Oh umm, since Doohoo I haven’t really…. Drunken any alcohol since then,” she was chagrined as she recalled the bitter memories.

“Oh, well that’s ok,” Yoochun patted her on the arm, “I can fix that.” He showed Jiyoung his sweet smile and she was comforted by it.

“Here’s your Soju,” the waitress placed the bottle with some tumblers on their table. Yoochun gave a nod of thanks and he opened it.

“Would you like some?” Jiyoung thought for a moment.

“Ok,” he filled her glass half way and then filled his almost to the brim.

“Cheers.” They clanged glasses as they drank. The rush of the alcohol seemed to tickle Jiyoungs’ throat but otherwise it was fine.

“So Jiyoung-ah,” Yoochun fumbled with his napkin, “how do you feel…About going out with me?” Jiyoung couldn’t speak for a moment.

“Ah…Um…”

“What’s ah um?” Yoochun emphasized the last two phrases making Jiyoung laugh.

“Sorry I just am not sure,” Jiyoung said.

“Omo,” Yoochun looked disappointed as he sat by the smoking barbeque, “so has the past two months been a nuisance to you?”

“No it’s nothing like—“

“--Here’s your food,” the waitress placed it on the table, “enjoy.”

“Thank you,” Yoochun picked pieces of the pork and placed it on the barbeque.

“Don’t get me wrong Yoochun,” Jiyoung began, “I haven’t dated anyone for a while and so I’m not use to it yet.”

“Do I remind you of him?” Jiyoung just stared at Yoochun.

“No,” she sounded uncertain but she shook her head just to clarify, “no Doohoo was a jerk but you… You’re sweet and kind. The gentleman he never was.” Yoochun turned the meat over to cook the other side. Their eyes met.

“At least you can hold your alcohol better than he can,” Yoochun grinned.

“I see, thank you for telling me… Snow White,” the use of her pet name caused her to smile.

“You’re welcome, Mick Jagger,” they both laughed.

***

“Say Jiyoung,” Yoochun and Jiyoung walked side by side, “do you have any plans for Chuseok?”

“That’s two weeks away right?”

“Neh, are you going to visit your family?” Family was an interesting topic. Did she really want to see her mother? Better yet be asked how much money the film would give her?

“I think I will,” Jiyoung nodded, “it’s a long bus ride but it will be worth it. What about you?”

“Yes my dongsaeng and I will see my eomma,” Yoochun nodded, “but appa…” He sighed. Jiyoung turned her head to him, “is he ok Yoochun-ah?”

“He’s sick,” Yoochun said his mouth tight in a sad expression, “eomma and him… They separated a while ago.” This was new to Jiyoung and she wished deep down she understood how it felt. But her parents were still together.

“I’m sorry,” she said taking his hand. It was a risky move because they were out in public.

“These things happen,” Yoochun admitted still downcast, “what about your parents?”

“They are fine,” Jiyoung told him, “you’re lucky to have a dongsaeng. I am an only child.”

“Oh that is sad,” Yoochun clutched her hand tighter, “maybe we should just celebrate Chuseok just the two of us.”

“But then who will your family and friends celebrate with?” Jiyoung laughed.  

“They can make do,” Yoochun teased. His phone went off.

“Aish I received a message at this time of night?” He took his phone out, “oh it’s only eleven pm. Ah Yoohwan-ah is wondering when I will be home.” He quickly typed a message saying it aloud as he did, “I –will- be- back- once- I –drop- Snow White- home.” He pressed send and then put it back.

“Let’s get you home,” Yoochun turned to Jiyoung as they turned to find where they were parked.

***

“Thank you for tonight,” Jiyoung told him as they walked to the apartments where she lived.

“You’re welcome,” Yoochun said as they went up the stairs to her home. “Did it help clear things up for you?”

“Yes it did,” Jiyoung nodded, “I thank you for telling me a bit about yourself.”

“Yeah me too,” Yoochun agreed. They then stood awkward, neither of them knowing what to do.

“Well…” Jiyoung was the first to move. She reached forward and pecked him on the cheek, “good night.”

“What was that for?” Yoochun asked as he touched his cheek, happy and amazed at the same time.

“I’ve been very reluctant with skinship so I thought that would be fine now.”

“Oh I see,” Yoochun smirked, “does that mean next time--?”

“--Wait and see,” Jiyoung added, “but you should get home to Yoohwan.”

“Sure, good night,” Yoochun came over to her and he kissed her on the cheek too.

“That’s just to say thanks for mine,” Jiyoung pressed her hands against her cheeks which were starting to heat up.

“Good night,” Yoochun walked away turning back once to smile at Jiyoung. Jiyoungs’ grin went from ear to ear as she unlocked her front door.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

<3 At least she seems more comfortable with Yoochun. I realized this is almost sounding a bit like We Got Married LOL well with the skinship anyway and yes there will be more at least before the story ends XD. The point of the story will be coming soon in… hmm… Two chapters I believe so enjoy. Next chapter will have Hanbyul come back in and another kpop star will be making his first appearance in any of my fanfics ;-)