6. A Blind Date?

Our Sweet Scripted Scandal

“Well done today Jiyoung-ee,” Hanbyul told her as they finished filming. It was now a month since they had started filming and had done up to half way of episode four. They would have done more if Hanbyul and Minhyun didn’t have other side projects along the way.

“Thank you sunbae,” Jiyoung bowed to Hanbyul, grateful for the experienced actresses praise.

“Please just call me Hanbyul-sshi,” Jiyong felt unworthy to do this but she softly nodded to the request.

“Yeah that scene with the jelly beans was rather hilarious have you ever thought of doing comedy?” Jiyoung shook her head at Minhyun’s suggestion.

“Well if there’s an opening for a comedy soon I’ll keep my eye out for you.”

“Hey Jiyoung-ee,” Yoohwan bounded over to the three of them. It was a contrast to how he had to appear on camera.

“Hey Yoohwan-ah you did well for that sad scene,” Hanbyul said.

“Yeah I’m glad I had someone spray my face before I acted it. Though I really felt I understood how he feels so I could have cried in real. He is lonely and doesn’t know how to accept kindness.”

“But have you been lonely in real life?” Minhyun asked, concerned for his hoobae.

“There were times, when my hyung had to move over here to become famous. We only talked on the phone and after we had our conversation I would end up crying.” Minhyun patted him on the head.

“It’s a good thing then that you are both actors. It means you can see each other more regularly.” A phone went off playing one of Seven’s songs.

“I bet that’s Hanbyul-ees,” Minhyun joked. Hanbyul fumbled in her handbag to grab a flashing phone.

“Hello, oh hi yuhboh,” Yoohwan nearly made a surprised noise though it was evaded by Minhyun putting a hand over the gaping hoobae’s mouth. 

“I’m just at the studio I finished filming for the day, how was the recording?” Hanbyul nodded.

“Uh huh, ok sure I can meet you there. Alright then, I love you too, bye.” She hung up.

“Oh who was that?” Minhyun teased Hanbyul.

“Just my manager,” Hanbyul replied playfully, “I’m meeting him soon at the restaurant he built.”

“You mean Yeolbong?” Yoohwan asked, “I’ve always wanted to go there.”

“Well if you come when I go I can get you a discount,” Hanbyul offered. Yoohwan’s eyes became like saucers.

“Thank you Hanbyul-sshi,” he bowed to her.

“Sure thing, now I’ll be off now.” She waved them off as she left. Minhyun left too as he had another drama to shoot for.

***

“So Jiyong, do have any plans for the weekend?” She shook her head.

“No, why do you ask?” Yoohwan nodded away before he left for a bit, dialing his phone.

“Excuse me for a moment,” he left Jiyong with her bag which she took out her water bottle and phone. She had a missed call from someone. She frowned, the number was hidden.

“Strange,” she said before she lifted her head to smile at the makeup artist who bowed to her and left.

“Have a good night,” she added as the artist left with Yoohwan returning in her place.

“Hey noona, a close friend is needing a date for Saturday night. It’s a business deal and I was hoping you would go with him.” Jiyoung was speechless. Did she just hear him correctly?
 

“Hold on sorry, what?” She questioned, biting the side of her lip, “you want me to be someone’s date?”

“If you can’t then I can let them know,” Yoohwan pushed the aerial of his phone up and down, “but I think he will be disappointed.” Jiyoung knew what he was trying to do. Fortunately for him it was working.

“Well…” She let out her breath, “ok I suppose I can be his date for one night, but only one ok?”

“Sure I will tell him then,” Yoohwan got on the phone, “oh yeah can I use your phone?” Jiyoung handed it to him with some caution while she watched him press the buttons. He then placed it back in her hand.

“I just wrote the place and the time,” he said and she saw it in a text message. She went to the menu and saved it as a draft.

“Oh yeah,” he also added, “dress nicely too,” he winked and then pressed the call button on his phone and walked off. Jiyong had to take another gulp of water. She was still unable to believe what had just happened.

***

When she arrived home she called her mum. She was out so she hung up and went through her wardrobe. She stared at her dresses, they had barely been worn but something wasn’t right about them. She picked one up, a white substance was on the waist line. She lifted out other clothes, the same thing. Opening her wardrobe wide she got a bad whiff.

“Oh great, there’s mould in here?” She said out loud. In the end she left the clothes and got ready to have dinner and go to bed. She would call someone in the morning.

***

At nine thirty, five minutes before she had to leave for more shooting the exterminator gave his final quote.

“Because this is the first time you’ve called us you get a fifty percent discount but I suggest you leave the house for a few hours until the fumes have gone down.” Jiyoung nodded.

“Thank you,” she said signing her name on a document.

“Have a good day miss,” the man tipped his hat before bowing and made his way out. She checked the phone and quickly grabbed her bag to go.

***

“So Jiyoung what plans do you have for the weekend?” Hanbyul asked as they got some food on their break.

“Umm,” Jiyoung thought of her dresses which she had to throw out. The mould apparently stained clothes badly so about a third of her wardrobe was now in the bin. “I have to go shopping for something.”

“Ah cool, a party or special occasion?”

“A date,” Jiyoung just voiced, surprised at how she didn’t seem enthusiastic about it.

“Oh wow that’s awesome,” Hanbyul put a finger on her lips in thought, “tell you what I have to go to the stores after today. They are open late at night so I can come with you, if you want that is.”

“I would appreciate it thank you, I have no idea what to get.”

“Then you’ve made the right friend,” Hanbyul said grinning.

(I want to go shopping now! The plot is going slowly I admit because I usually don’t write just romance, normally I add an element of action or fantasy in it but for once I don’t have that so you’ll have to forgive me)