17. Past is past but now is definitely not a present

Our Sweet Scripted Scandal

“Good job everyone,” Ji-woon said as they came to the end of their script reading, “looks like we will be ready to film in about a week and a half.” The cast all nodded in agreement while Jiyong flicked through her script.

“We will come here for a debriefing once the permit for the renting of the land is cleared,” Ji-woon said, “I will be in contact with you with the details and what to bring.”

“Sunbae?” The cast turned to Jiyong, “umm how long are we going to be filming there for?”

“We have a set being built for the inside shots but for the outside we will be borrowing about three hundred square acres. The filming there will take about four months to complete.” Jiyong did her best not to show her surprise. Four months was a long time.

“By the way Jiyong-sshi how has your drama been? You only have one episode left to film is that correct?” She nodded.

“Yes we finish filming the drama in about two weeks.” Ji-woon nodded.

“Ok then we’ll keep that in mind,” good job everyone I’ll see you all next week.”

***

“And that’s a wrap,” the director clapped and then there were cheers from the crew as they turned off the cameras. The actors were now able to move, they were all dressed for a wedding as the final scenes where the two main characters got married. Jiyong was relieved she could take the stuffy pink gown she was wearing. It was very hot.

“Excellent this Sunday night we will be holding the post production party down at the club down the road. Thank you everyone and we will see you then.”

“Congratulations,” Han Byul hugged Jiyong, “this concludes your first ever drama.” Jiyong grinned at her sunbae.

“Yeah it does.”

“Yay and now we just have a month left of episodes until this airs,” Yoohwan added as he and Minhyun took off their ties.

“Your hyung would be pleased,” Minhyun said to Yoohwan ruffling his hair.

“Aigoo stop it,” Yoohwan reached for the hand to stop him, “hyung doesn’t always say what’s on his mind.” The other three laughed.

“Hey don’t you have filming soon for the film?” Hanbyul asked Jiyong, she nodded.

“We will be beginning soon,” Jiyong agreed, “once I receive a call from the director.”

“That’s good you will have a good experience, this will look good on a resume.” Jiyong nodded.

***

Jiyong finished putting on the final touches to her outfit. It was a simple pair of black skinny jeans, some beige heels and a green satin top with a tie around the waist. Not as glamorous as Hanbyul but it would be suitable for a party at a club.

She could hear the noise from down the street, her stomach churned with anticipation as to what would happen. There were drunken people starting to gather on the sidewalks.

“Jiyong-ee?” She stopped, the person before her was a face she hadn’t seen in a while. His hair was long, he had a fine line of hair around the hem of his face and he was dressed in a t-shirt and jeans. From the slight distance between them she saw red eyes and smelt alcohol.

“Doohoo-sshi,” she stated her blood boiling, “what are you doing here?”

“Why does your eomma keep calling me?” This made the anger swing to shock. He held up his phone and she could read, ‘missed calls from Mrs Choi.’

“What does she expect me to do?” He snapped slamming his phone into the ground making her flinch, “tell me what the hell she wants from me!” Jiyong took a deep breath.

“S-she wants you- to pay me back what you owe.” Doohoo cursed as he stormed up to her.

“I f****** owe nobody nothing!” He said with a slur spraying Jiyong’s face with saliva mixed with sake. Jiyong closed her eyes as she wiped her face, her anger soaring up again.

“You think you owe nothing?!” She exclaimed, “how about ten thousand won which was stolen from my father’s wallet and mine just to satisfy your addiction huh?!”

“You Chois are a bunch of greedy bastards!” Doohoo shouted, “You lose some precious money and then you get all mad like it was your whole fortune.”

“You knew we weren’t doing well back then!” Jiyong retaliated her voice shaky from the nerves, “how would you like it if I went to your house and stole your money while your father was laid off from his job?!”  

“Why you—“ He grabbed the front of Jiyong’s shirt pulling her towards him, he raised a fist towards her face. Jiyong closed her eyes getting ready for the blow. It didn’t come. She opened her eyes to see an olive green sleeved arm holding up Doohoo’s fist. She turned around to Yoochun who was in an olive sweater with a black pattern around the stomach.

“Let her go,” he commanded to Doohoo. Doohoo lowered his arm and his hand released the fabric from Jiyong’s shirt. Doohoo glared at Jiyong who was trembling and then to the intruder.

“Mind your damn business,” he said, “this has nothing to do with you.” Yoochun stood unfazed by Doohoo’s words.

“I said this has nothing to do with you!” Doohoo raised a fist again this time aiming it at Yoochun. Jiyong’s eyes widened as it came towards Yoochun. It was as if he read the movement before it was done because he leaned to the side as the punch sailed through thin air. Doohoo lost his balance and fell down onto the pavement. He grabbed his head as if he may have hit it on the way.

“Let’s get away before he gets up,” Yoochun took Jiyong’s hand and led her quickly away from him.

***

When they had gone a block or so away they came to a stop on a street corner. Yoochun let go of Jiyong’s hand and turned to her. She’d remained quiet on the way there.

“Are you hurt?” He asked anxious, she shook her head. He breathed out in frustration.

“I can’t believe some guys,” he looked over to the left at some guys singing away drunkenly, “they really should know where their limits are right--?” He turned back to her. Jiyong’s head was down.

“Are you ok?” He put a hand on a shoulder and glanced down. The pavement where she was standing was darker in patches. Yoochun felt his heart give a sad tug as he realized what was happening. He came over to her and pulled her into his arms.

“You don’t need to tell me,” he said as he hugged her, “but I am willing to listen if you want.” He felt her nod which made him chuckle.

“Alright then,” he stepped back and pulled out a handkerchief handing it to her. She bobbed her head in thanks as she lightly dabbed her eyes.

“Say I know a good café nearby,” Yoochun pointed down the road, “how about a coffee?” Jiyong lifted her head for the first time in a while. curved into a smile.

“Ok.”
*************************************************************************************
Well if anyone is wondering. This is the romantic chapter people voted for. Hope this suffices seeing as the only mushy thing was a hug. Thank you for reading and do subscribe to my other fan fics if you’re interested.