Chapter 50

I'm Sorry I Love You (editing)

 

 

"Chaerin? Are you okay?" Kris placed his huge hands on Chaerin's petite shoulder and shook her until she turned around with red rimmed eyes. "W-What happened?"

Chaerin quietly shook her head and smiled as she sniffed and dabbed the heel of her palm on her eyes.

"Are you sure? Do you want me to take you home?" Kris asked sincerely as he bent down a little and pressed his palm on her forehead. "You're burning up! Let me take you back to the hospital."

She couldn't help but smile despite her tears at the thought of her going back to the hospital. She never knew there'd be a day that she'd be so willing to go to a hospital. Nodding silently, she walked ahead of Kris as he followed behind, making sure that she didn't trip or fall as they climbed down the stairs.

Chaerin was too giddy to notice how Kris grabbed her hand as they got down the stairs and intertwined it with hers. All that kept replaying in her head was the drawing on the wall.

It was so simple, yet, it had such a big impact on her. She almost couldn't keep herself from squealing as she had read it once, then twice to confirm it.

Confirm that....

Jiyong had loved her then.....

And still did.

It was the most precious thing in the world.

 

 

 

 

 

 

(A/N: I'm so sorry if you're disappointed with the way this story is progressing. To be honest. I'd never actually planned for all this drama to happen and now I desperately want to finish off with this story so I can focus on Sweeter than Fiction. I wouldn't blame you if you unsubscribed.)

 

 

Two years later.

 

"I can't believe this." Dara giggled as she stared at the reflection of Chaerin on the mirror and admired her beauty. "You look beautiful Pudong-ah!"

Chaerin smiled her eye smile and turned around to give a quick hug to her favorite Unnie. Dara had been so supportive of her ever since their training days, giving her comfort when she needed it. Chaerin couldn't think of another way of showing her gratitude towards the lady, whom she believed possessed magical powers to still look so young at the age of 33 by making her her maid of honor. The said girl sobbed so hard when Chaerin invited her to a dinner at the Top Cloud restaurant (the place where all this became possible) to ask her if she would accept her request(being her maid of honor) that Chaerin had never felt so embarrassed and touched at the same time.

Dara's eyes started getting watery and Chaerin groaned and punched the petite girl lightly, causing her to stumble dramatically before pulling her for another bear hug.

"I'm so happy for you!" Dara squealed then let go of the almost breathless Chaerin who was already having a hard time with the corset fitted dress.

"You're going to make me cry..... " Chaerin mumbled as she bent forward to reach for the tissue box, handing a sheet to the already tear strained Dara, whose make up artist sighed and stood up, ready for the last minute touch up.

Smiling to herself, Chaerin watched Dara struggling to untangle her keep her eyes open as the stylist re-applied her mascara; she caught the fabric of her dress as she moved towards the dressing table and grabbed the small maroon velvet box.

 

 

"Not this song again!" Chaerin groaned as she changed the frequency of the radio.

"What?" Jiyong gasped. "It's the best song ever written alright! Change it back~" he whined, changing the gear in his black Maserati Grancarbio, the latest addition to his car collection.

"Ahh~ much better." Chaerin settled back to her seat as she fixed the radio to a 9 O'clock news radio, very much aware of the look Jiyong gave beside her. "What?... It's so much better than listening to a grown man singing a song about his long lost love. Cliché." she shrugged as Jiyong shook his head at her. "It's very depressing.... And besides, you gotta be updated about the news."

Jiyong knew he couldn't argue with Chaerin because she was right. He didn't really like the song either. He'd just wanted to distract her and make her feel as normal as possible so she wouldn't figure out what he had in plan for them. Feeling his palms sweat as he stopped at the red light and avoided the intent gaze on him as he looked out the window and pretended to be mesmerized by the view.

Unable to hold in, Jiyong turned around sharply and returned the glare that had been making him all fidgety and nervous.

"What?" he quickly asked before hitting the gas. "Why're you staring at me like that?"

Chaerin furrowed her eyebrows and leaned closer to him, placing her palm on his thighs. "I know you're up to something." she muttered, turning away immediately. "You don't have to pretend." she stated casually. "I know you too well."

Jiyong coughed and almost choked on his saliva that he had to halt at the side of the road and take a sip of the banana milk Chaerin had in her bag.

"Better?" Chaerin asked as she patted his back while she held his other hand in hers, caressing the back of his hand with her thumb.

Jiyong nodded as he hit his chest for the last time and took a heavy breath. "I almost died." he chuckled as Chaerin joined in too, retreating her hand from his back and giving a punch on his arm, fully intending to hitting it hard.

"Ow!" Jiyong whimpered as he rubbed the sore spot and rolled his sleeves up to examine the slightly red spot. "What was that for?" he asked, still wincing and biting his lower lip.

"For lying to me." she stated nonchalantly as she crossed her hand over her chest.

"Wha--When?" Jiyong exclaimed, surprised. He didn't remember lying to her.

"Seungri is not throwing a party isn't he?" she said and Jiyong immediately shrunk in his seat. He couldn't come up with a better idea other than using Seungri as a cover up. "He would never throw a party in Top cloud. We all know how cheap he is." she reasoned and Jiyong gulped knowing that Chaerin wouldn't let this opportunity to figure his plan slip away. "He asked me for my old clothes so he wouldn't have to buy Kakao(his dog, a Saint Bernard breed.) her clothes."

"... Yeah." Jiyong scratched his head and smiled a crooked smile. As it is, he was never good at lying and to top it off, he was the worst at lying to Chaerin. It even surprised him that he still kept it so long.

"Then what are we going to do there?.... " she puckered her lips. "You're not featuring in some weird new variety show are you?.. Where you have to bring another idol and catch her off guard or something?"

"No.. No.." he shook his head, slanting a look at Chaerin as he reached out for her hand and kissed the tips of her fingers. "I promise you no surprise variety show or anything." he smiled as Chaerin let go of his hand only to caress his cheeks and run a hand through the back of his hair to his neck. "You trust me right?"

Chaerin squint her eyes and stared at Jiyong mischievously only to nod and give a quick peck on his cheeks.

"I'd trust you with my life."

 

 

An hour later, there they she was, sitting in the middle of the restaurant, decorated with candles and lanterns. She sat there, having no idea about what was about to happen. The only thought that came into her mind was. 'What's taking him so long in the wash room?' 'Why is the restaurant so empty today?'

(A/N: Press the ‘play button’ and open it in another tab)

Suddenly, a soft piano sound reached her ears. Chaerin stood up and turned around to find Jiyong standing right in front of her. Slowly as the lights dimmed, he stepped forward.

"Chae...." he began, Chaerin trembled in her position. She didn't know how to react. What is he doing? She thought.

"In my life, I've done so many things I'm not proud of... You of all people know what a mess I really am." he paused. "But, tonight.... Tonight I wanted to make it special because... Well, you are the most important person to me in this world and.... I want you to know that, of all the things I've done in my life, some, which I'm proud of, some.... Not so much, But..." he smiled as he reached for her hand and squeezed it as he saw the glimmer in her eyes. "Loving you has been the best thing I've ever done." dabbing his sweat with his palm he continued. "No one knows what'll happen in the future. It's not gonna be easy. That much I know.... We're gonna have to work at it every day, but I want to do it because I want you. I want all of you, forever, only you... And me."

Chaerin turned her head away to hide the tears that'd formed in her eyes but Jiyong was quick to react as he reached for cheeks and made her look at him as he sat on one knee.

"I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you...." he paused as he reached for his front coat pocket and opened it to reveal the ring he'd spent so much time choosing.

"Lee Chaerin..." he paused a minute as he lifted his gaze to a teary eyed Chaerin. "Will you...... marry me?"

Unable to control those tears, Chaerin sobbed as she nod her head repeatedly as Jiyong grinned ear to ear and slid the ring, that fit into her hands perfectly.

"I love you." Jiyong mumbled as he swung her off her feet and embraced her, placing soft kisses on her forehead, the tip of her nose, then her lips.

"I love you too." Chaerin whispered between their kisses as the musicians stopped playing the song and applauded, making the newly engaged couple flush as they stood hand in hand as if nothing else in the world mattered.

Only, Jiyong and Chaerin.

 

 

"Hey there beautiful~" a deep husky voice brought the reminiscing Chaerin back to her senses. Immediately turning around, she almost tripped as the train of her gown got caught between her heels. Like always, Kris had caught her before she could fall. Shyly removing his hands from her waist he rubbed the back of his neck as he eyed her up and down.

"Are you seriously checking out the bride?" Chaerin joked as she reached out for Kris and gave him a long hug. "I didn't think you'd make it."

"Why would I miss my best friend's wedding?" Kris grinned as they pulled away from the hug and Chaerin fixed his bow tie. "I promised you didn't I?"

Chaerin smiled at her friend as they stood there in silence for a minute, the kind of silence that wasn't awkward, but a silence that said so much words without having to say any. A loud bang on the door startled the two as they whipped their heads around to find a flustered looking Minzy arm in arm with Harin giving a thumbs up. As a cue to go.

Taking in a heavy breath, Chaerin moved in front of the mirror for the last time... As Lee Chaerin.

"You can still run away with me if you want." Kris's voice came from behind her and she laughed, placing her palm on his chest. He grinned at his joke.. Which he meant deep inside.

"I love you Kris." she whispered giving a small peck on his cheek. "You're the second best thing that ever happened to me."

I love you too. He quietly whispered to himself as watched... For the second time, the love of his life walk away... This time, to be another man's wife. Although he knew, the 'love' she referred to was much more simpler and casual, like a friend would say to her friend. It was actually the first time she'd said it to him and he knew he'd treasure it forever. Also, he wasn't offended by what Chaerin just said. Of course he knew Jiyong was the best thing that happened to her, but being the second, meant a lot more than anyone could imagine.

 

 

Jiyong glanced at his best man, Dong Youngbae and swallowed a big lump in his throat, he couldn't keep his hands still as he kept cracking his knuckles earning a warning look from his mother from the front row seat.

"Look who's here." Youngbae said as he gave a pat to his friend who turned around immediately and all his worries disappeared. There she was the love of his life, his best friend, his comfort and his rock walking down the aisle with her hand looped around her father. She had initially bent her head down but looked up as she felt a gaze, the one she could make out from hundreds that did the same on her.

When handing his daughter to Jiyong, he gave his son-in-law to be a warm hug, whispering the words that every man would die to hear.

"She's my pride and my joy. I know you'll take care of her..... I entrust her to you."

 

 

 

Everybody watched the two look into each other's eyes and out stretch their hands as the minister asked them to exchange their vows.   Youngbae reached for his pocket and passed the note card to Jiyong who shook his head as he continued to look into the eyes of his one and only.

"I may not be particularly good at this..." Jiyong joked as the audience chuckled. Clearing his throat, Jiyong continued. "I Kwon Jiyong, affirm my love to you, Lee Chaerin for the rest of my life. You are the most beautiful, intelligent, talented girl in the world, you often make me wonder what did I do right in my life to have deserved you. Baby--" he croaked as he swallowed the lump in his throat and continued. "--You know me better than I know myself. This I promise to you... I give myself to you, my today, my tomorrow, expecting nothing than what you'll give in return. I'll be your friend, your lover, your husband.... Honey.... All that I ask of you is to walk with me through this journey of life because without you my life has no meaning. You are the reason for my existence. Without you, there'll be no me. You made me a better man... You saw in me what people didn't see." he smiled as through his tears as he reached out his hand and wiped her tears.

"I cannot wait to spend the rest of my life with you.... Even forever won't be long enough."

 

 

"I, Lee Chaerin affirm my love to you Kwon Jiyong for the rest of my life. I will cherish you, guide you, catch you when you fall, mend you when you're broken." taking a heavy breath she continued. "This path that we'll tread on, I know will not be easy, but if we try, if we try together I know there's nothing that can pull us down. Your faith in me gives me strength. Your trust in me, gives me hope and your love for me.... Gives me a reason to breathe. Without you baby.... I'm incomplete."

"All that I am, I give to you. All that is mine is yours. I will never leave you... I commit to encourage you Because God commands me to. I love you."

 

 

"I now pronounce you Mr. And Mrs. Kwon..... You may kiss the bride."

 


And so they lived....

Happily ever after.

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

Author's note:

This is officially the end. *phew* Omg. Its complete. WOW.
I know this story couldn't progress and mature since I took so many breaks in between.
I knew if I dragged it on, it'll only be long and boring. So yeah. I just jumped straight to the end because I kind of already have a sequel ready in my head. 

But all in all.. this story is my baby. The first ever story I wrote about two people who inspired me, my ultimate biases....so yeah! haha

What do you think about the vows? The proposal?
I was imagining to say these to my future husband. Haha... I don't even have a boyfriend.

Btw guys. You're entitled to ask me any question if you want to. :)
Bye..

 

PS- Google Top Cloud Restaurant in the Jongno tower. Awesome place.
Chaerin's wedding gown *click*
The bridesmaids' dresses *click* (Imagine Minzy, Bom, Dara, Harin)
The Ring *click*

See you in Sweeter than fiction.

 

 

With love~