Chapter 34

I'm Sorry I Love You (editing)

 

"Hey, you ready?" Kris asked as soon as Chaerin answered the door, taken back at the sight of her wearing a wine red gown that hugged her body perfectly, " y-you look a-amazing" he flushed, nervously rubbing his neck. Chaerin picked up her phone from the desk and slid it into her clutch as she made way to grab her over coat.

"Yep! Let's go." she said as she picked up her black louboutin heels, that laid on the cupboard beside the door.

"Noona's not home?" Kris asked as took the clutch from her hand as she put on her shoes, "-Careful" he said as he stretched his other arm around her waist before she lost balance.

"No, she's at Cheondong's for the night." she answered as she grabbed the clutch, judging from his facial expression, she sighed, "-Thunder"

"Oh! okay" he replied, a bit embarrassed, as he pressed the elevator button.

"Where're we going?" Chaerin asked, as she wore her coat in haste, Kris stepped forward and fixed her collar as he said, "Well, you'll see."

 

 

After the 40 minute ride from Hapjeong-dong(T/N: I just assumed 2NE1 lives there, because it's near the Han River xP ) to Seongbuk-gu, they finnaly reached their destination. 

"Samcheonggak?*" Chaerin beamed, "Kris! I love this place." she exclaimed excitedly as she hung on to his arm.

"Me too..." he added, quite pleased by her comment, "It's quiet and the food is, amazing."

"How'd you even know about this place?" she asked, baffled by the fact that he knew this place, given it was located in the mountainside and close to the president's residence.

"Well, Suho, Chanyeol and I came here once... Since then, I fell in love with this place." she formed a small 'o' as she nodded and followed him into the moutainside resort.

"Good evening sir, welcome to Samcheonggak restaurant." the receptionist spoke with a hint of Jeju dialect, Chaerin noted,

"We have a reservation for two at 7, under the name Wu." Kris spoke, tapping his hand on the counter, smiling as he glanced at Chaerin, who was busy taking in the beautiful forest night scene from the huge glass wall.

"Yes Mr. Wu, your hostess will lead you to your table in a moment-"

"We would really appreciate it if we're seated near the windows. Would that be possible?" Kris chimed, his eyes still fixated on Chaerin, still busy taking photos of the view with her phone.

"Sure, if you would like one of those tables, I could seat you right away."

"Thank you." he replied as he gently nudged Chaerin and followed the hostess, who offered them their table. Kris being the gentleman he is, pulled out the chair for Chaerin, only after which he sat himself on the opposite side, so Chaerin would have a full view of the scenery.

"Here are your menus and wine menu" the hostess said as she handed it to them, "Would you like to order your drinks now?"

"Chaerin?" Kris looked at her, gesturing her to order.

"Um... Cabernet Sauvignon?*" she said as she eyed Kris, who nodded and held out a victory sign.
"Two please."  with that, the hostess bowed and left, leaving the two to decide on the meal.
"So... what should we have?" Kris asked as she glued his eyes on the menu, his index finger tracing the texts, "Dinner

course, Samcheongsura sound good no?"

"Yes, sounds perect." Chaerin beamed as she closed the menu and placed it at the corner of the table, "It's so nice here." she said as she took a deep breath and propped her elbow in the table, resting her chin on it, "I came here long time back, when we first came to Seoul." she said, in deep thought.

"Oh yeah! You lived in Japan right?" Kris asked as she removed his blazer and placed it on the arm of his chair.

"Yes," she said as she sipped her water, "I came to Seoul when I was 12."

"You became a trainee straight away after that?" Kris asked, he was always curious about Chaerin, knowing this was the perfect opportunity to get to know her even better, he grabbed the chance.

"Uh-I-" 

"your Cabernet Sauvignon ma'am." the hostess said as she poured the wine, "May I have your orders please?" she asked as she placed the wine bottle on the table.

"Samcheongsura, for two." Kris answered, then turned his attention back to Chaerin, "Yes.. ?"he said, prompting her to continue.

"Yeah! I, got casted into JYP at first, but... after a year's training I left JYP and auditioned for YG. Then after a few tries, I got accepted." she said as she shook the wine glass gently and sipped it.

"What? you were in JYP?" Kris asked, bedazzled. "Seriously?"

"Yeah! What's so shocking about that?" she retorted.

"No it's just," Kris scratched his head, "Nothing really, continue..." he made a hand movement, motioning her to do so.

"Well, I was in love with 1tym.... during that time."

"It rhymes!" Kris teased, earning a playful glare from Chaerin.

"You know I should just shut up!" she pouted.

"Come on! I was just joking." Kris chimed, narrowing her eyes Chaerin continued.

"My main inspiration to join YG was because of Teddy oppa." she clasped her hands together, "He's just the best.."

"Your producer right?" Kris asked, she nodded, "Yeah! He sure is amazing" Kris complemented.

"What about you?" Chaerin asked as she took another sip.

"Well, I already told you about my story the last time... remember?" Chaerin tilted her head to one side, confused expression plastered over her face, with the sudden realization she clapped her hands.

"Oh! Yes... I remember." she said apologetically, tucking her hair behind her ear.

“Anyway....” Kris said, placing his empty glass down, “I’m glad you’re here.”

“Me too. I’m glad you called.”

 

The two of them spent 2 hours eating and chatting, it wasn’t till the dessert course that Kris awkwardly kneaded his hands nervously.

“Kris?” she called, noticing his nervousness, “Are you okay?”

“Yeah, it’s just- um- I- wanted to apologize for being a the past month, I was ignoring you and, Yeah... It was just plain stupid and childish of me to do that.” Said Kris, as he bit his lips and sighed, a warm hand covered his own and he looked up to see Chaerin smiling at him.

“You don’t have to apologize Kris, your my friend, I’d never hold a grudge against you.” She said as she squeezed his hand once before letting go, “Besides, It should be me apologizing, I was the one who ditched you. Remember?” she said, chuckling as she took another sip of her 2nd glass of wine.

“R-Right.” He mumbled, missing the warmth that had lingered on his hands a few seconds ago, Friends..... His mind pondered over the word repeatedly. He wasn’t sure if he was happy she’d called him her friend, or unhappy because she considered him just a friend. His train of thoughts was interrupted when he heard he clear .

“What was it that you wanted to show me that day?” she asked, eyes glimmering as she rested her arms on the table, “You said you had a surprise for me.”

“Ah! That...” he scratched his head and smiled sheepishly, “Maybe some other time, I thought about it and well, when the time’s right.” He said as he checked the time on his watch, “We should head out.”

“Yeah! We have a busy schedule tomorrow.”

 

*

 

The ride back to Chaerin’s dorm was quiet, but it wasn’t quiet in the uncomfortable way, the two of them knew how to give each other space and knew exactly when to talk, what to say, it naturally came to them.

“I had a great time Kris...” Chaerin said as she pulled her hair into a bun, “It was good catching up with you.”

“I’m glad to hear that.” Kris grinned from ear to ear, “We’ll be meeting tomorrow then?” he asked as he leaned against the car’s door frame, holding out his hand for support as she climbed down. Chaerin nodded.

“I’ll see you soon then.”

“I’ll see you soon.”

 

She watched as he drove away. She’d never felt so comfortable around anyone as much as she’d felt around Kris, well, excluding Jiyong. She wondered why people assumed him as the ‘cold’ guy, he was just a puddle of hot chocolate beneath the hard crust, probably, they never actually tried to get to know him. Too bad. She thought as she slowly walked to their apartment complex, as she looked up, a particular figure sitting on the stairs startled her, as she froze.

“So... You left me to go out with that Chinese guy huh?” he said coolly as she straddled towards her, hands in his pocket.

“Jingyo oppa!”

 

 

 


 

Author's note: Okay guys. I'm back, with a rather boring chapter.( Please forgive me. I'm having a writer's block)
Btw, anyone heard 'Miracles of December' ? Liked it? I loved it... but I prefer the Chinese version. Kekeke
And I'm addicted to Exo's Shpwtime so, yeah! Haha.

 

In case you're all wondering.
Samcheonggak- Korean style moutainside resort(private restaurant)
Cabernet Sauvignon- Red grape wine. (arund $179.8 USD)

Samcheongsura- It is a 14 course meal? I'm not sure, it costs around 130,000 won, approx $122.9 USD.