Chapter 31

I'm Sorry I Love You (editing)

After 1 month

 

"Hey!" Jiyong said as he casually walked in through the door.

"Oppa! You're here!" Chaerin's eyes lit up as she glanced over at Jiyong, who was staring at her as she was getting her make up done.

"Of course I'm here, what'd you expect?" he smiled sheepishly, his eyes giving away that he had not slept the day before, "I just landed few hours ago." he said as he bowed and greeted 2ne1's manager and few coordinators and dived yo the couch. After filming for Chaerin's music video they hadn't met, since he had gone to London then to Newyork to meet up with Missy Elliot. They had stayed in contact, but vaguely, since he was occupied and, well.... so was he. He had made sure that he'd be there for her first live broadcast, The least I could do. He sighed to himself.

"You didn't have to....." Chaerin said as she slowly walked towards Jiyong, and bent down, cupping his face in her hand, "You look horrible!" she commented bluntly and smiled.

"And you're mean." Jiyong pouted and made a puppy face.

"Ew! Don't do that. Uack!" Chaerin pretended to puke and stood up, but inwardly, she loved that aegyo face of his, so different from his on stage persona. She turned around and cleared once when the PD entered and called her. Jiyong sat up and grinned, "I'll be here. Alright?" he said as grabbed Chaerin's wrist, "You'll do great." Chaerin nodded Jiyong was sure he saw a hint of red on her cheeks but he convinced himself it was her make up, nothing more. He watched her fix her earpiece as she walked through the door.

"Chae-ah!" he shouted making her peek through the door, "Fighting!" he pumped his fist in the air.

 

*

 

"You worked hard!" Chaerin bowed to the coordis and went straight to her room, still very much aware of the person waiting for her, she didn't know why she was in such a hurry to head back, but she did. She quickly ran past other idols standing on the corridor and flashed a smile as she pushed the door to her room. 

"Opp-- Dara Unnie?" Chaerin exclaimed as her eyes ran around the room and the person she had been looking for was nowhere in sight.

"You did so good Pudong-ah!" Dara flashed a thumbs up and pulled her into a hug, "Let's go celebrate!"

"Sure! We will. Why don't you call the others too?" Chaerin suggested and smiled, happy that her Unnie found time to come and support her. She was sure the other girls would have come, if they weren't busy.

"I guess they must be done with the recording by now. Why don't we go straight to the HQ?" Dara asked and Chaerin nodded, "I'll just change." she said as she walked to the changing room, grabbing her phone in the process.

 

To Jingyo oppa
You left?

 

Taking a wet wipe and wiping off her make up, she stared at herself in the mirror for a long time, not really seeing herself since her thoughts were somewhere else, to be more exact, on someone else. 

He said he'd be here. 

"What is going on with you Lee Chaerin?" she mumbled to herself, but was interrupted by her phone vibrating on the dressing table. She quickly ran to it, expecting someone.

But-

From Kris
I just watched your music video.
It was so Daebak.
Can't wait to watch the live version.
You're done with your pre-recording?

She smiled to herself, it had been days since they talked and she had to admit she kind of missed him.

To Kris
You're always too kind.
Its hard to detect whether you're lying or not.
Haha.

With that she slid her phone into her bag and changed into casuals.

"Ready?" she called out as she stepped out of the room.

"You bet I am." Dara chimed as she looped her arm around Chaerin's.

 

*

 

"Surprise!" everybody shouted in unison startling Chaerin. She didn't move as she stared at them in disbelieve. Everyone was here, the girls, Harin, Teddy oppa, Taeyang oppa, Seungri, Tabi oppa, Dony and Deukie, Choice37, Lydia, Tablo, a few others more and someone she did not expect. Jingyo oppa?

"Wh-what is t-this?" she turned around to look at the beaming Dara.

"It's a congratulatory party. 1 million views even before 24 hours Pudong-ah." she put her hand on Chaerin's shoulder and pushed her through the door, "It's celebrate worthy." she smiled.

Everyone was sitting around the round table drinking and frying meat. Chaerin stood up, grabbing her drink and walked towards the balcony. Taking a deep breath and staring at the night sky, she felt blessed to have people around her, she never thought that she would receive so much love, even if the fans and audience didn't love it, her family, YG-family's love was more than enough for her. Her eyes got moist at the thoughts and she smiled to herself but almost jumped off when someone tapped her shoulder, she tilted her head to find Jiyong standing behind her with a concerned expression.

"Why're you c-crying?" he asked as his hand dropped down to interlock his fingers with Chaerin's, the other pushed her chin up so she'd face him.

"I'm not crying... These are just, tears of happiness I suppose." she smiled sheepishly, wiping her eyes with her sleeves, "I thought you said yo-" she shook her head quickly and rephrased her sentence. " Aren't you tired?"

"Shouldn't I be the one asking you that?" he chuckled, "Well- I am." he smacked his lips and poked her forehead, "But....I couldn't miss the party I organized right?" he said as he took the drink in Chaerin's hand and drank it.

"How did y- stop lying, you weren't even here." she playfully punched him on the arm.

"So?" he raised his eyebrow, "That doesn't keep me from throwing a party for my best friend." after he said it, Chaerin's face suddenly fell as she peeled Jiyong's hand from hers and rested her elbows on the ledge since they were standing at the balcony. She didn't know what put her off in all honesty. Was it because he said she was her best friend ? Wasn't she one? What was she expecting? her head hurt from her own confusion and she couldn't let him see her in this condition.

"Wait!" Jiyong suddenly said as he yanked her around making her face him directly as he cupped her face. But something else caught his eye.... Why hadn't he seen it before? 

"Wha- How did you get this?" he said as he the almost faded blue-black spot under her eyes. Realising their closeness, Chaerin pushed him on his chest and turned around and she didn't want to confront him about her encounter with her ex-boyfriend. She didn't want to be sympathized. Not by him at least.

"I can't be missing at my own party." she said as she walked towards the door and left Jiyong to stare at her unusual behavior and wonder if something happened while he wasn't here. 

He had promised he'd be there for her.

And again.... He wasn't.

 

 

"Why're you so quiet?" Youngbae asked as he nudged Jiyong, "Something happened?"

"Something is bothering me." Jiyong said as he grabbed the beer in Tabi's hand, "Yah!"

"What's with the long face Dongsaeng?" Tabi let out a chuckle, but Jiyong wasn't amused, "You Alright?" Tabi pat his dongsaeng's  back and rested his arm around his shoulder, "You must be exhausted Ji-"

"N! it's not that... it-" He sighed heavily and rested his elbow on his knee, "I-I don't know.... I feel like she's hiding something." he said as he cracked his knuckles, staring at his feet.

"Who?" Youngbae asked, still very much confused with his friend's sudden mood change. Jiyong looked up at watched Chaerin as she sat with her sister and the girls, taking selcas. She was smiling again... but he could see the glimmer in her eyes, and he knew... it wasn't from the 'tears of happiness'.

"You're talking about Chaerin?" Youngbae asked, as he noticed the way Jiyong was looking at her with the certain concern in his eyes.

"d-did she..... Get into an accident or something? Did something happen while I was gone?" he asked, and the other shook his head, "I don't know but-- I think I saw something." Jiyong shrugged  but his expression did not change. Now Tabi was fidgeting, suddenly aware that he was the only one who knew what actually happened and he wanted to curse himself for acting suspicious when the other two stared at him. 

"You know something?" Youngbae asked raising his eyebrows.

"What do you mean? I only heard she fell down or something! What are you looking at me like that for. Geez!" Tabi threw his hands up in protest, this was one of the few times he was happy he was an actor, "Like she'd tell me anything." he scoffed and gulped down his drink in one go. Thankfully enough Youngbae turned away talking to Tablo, but Jiyong, the look in his eyes gave away that he wasn't satisfied with the mere explanation of 'fell down', it seemed too cliche. He took out his phone and typed a message.

To: TOP hyung
I know that you know about it and...
I wont leave you alone until you tell me
.

 

Simple. Straight to the point. Tabi on shifted his seat uncomfortably and Jiyong knew he saw his message.

From TOP hyung
She didn't 'fall'.
That's all I can say to you.
More like 'she fell for the wrong guy'

 

That was all he needed, cause Jiyong knew right away what could have happened, though he had wished that wasn't the case. He got up and stretched, as he walked towards the direction where the girls were seated, he heard Tabi sigh, shaking his head.

"I'm gonna leave, I'm beyond exhausted." Jiyong declared as he stood beside the girl's table and waved. He noticed Chaerin wasn't even looking at him and he wondered what he'd said to offend her, waving off the weird feeling in his stomach he turned around and pulled the door open only to find Yang-Goon Sanjangnim.

"Ah! Jiyong-ah, going home?" he asked as he fixed his cap and glanced at his watch.

"Aniyo, I have to meet someone." he said as he put his hands in his pocket, his voice was full of irritation and annoyance as he said the last word, but thankfully supressed it so the person before him didn't notice it.

The president nodded, assuming Jiyong had to meet with a producer or something related to his work. He smiled happily at his favorite person in the world.. of course after his girlfriend and his daughter.

"Okay. Goodnight then."

After a pause,

"It will be.... A good night."

The night was going to be good only after he'd fixed the pretty face of the guy who laid hands on his Chaerin.

 

 


 

A/N-

Oh My God guys!!!! I'm sooo sooo sooo sorry for being gone for so long. Seriously.. I was tempted so many times to update.. I mean I'd visit AFF, but through my phone, since.. If I my laptop or my PC, my mom would scream at me. (CAUSE I NEVER STUDY) AHHH!
And also, my exam is day after tomorrow. :'(
European classical literature, all the boring stuff( Homer, Sophocles Plautus T__T)

 

I will not abandon this story. I promise.. just give me time. 
I love ya'll. Thankyou for being so patient with me...

PS- I'll be changing the font to this one okay? :)