Chapter 39

I'm Sorry I Love You (editing)

 

 

 

Not long after Jiyong suddenly left, Chaerin sat down by herself, wondering what made him act like that, Could it be that he...... Feels the same way about me? She thought, Then why didn't he say it when I asked him if he had something to say to me... Anything.

It baffled her that he didn't get her hints... She gave him so many, didn't it made him wonder when she'd get pissed if he mentioned her as his best friend. She even asked about his thoughts on Kris. Wasn't it clear enough? Or did she need to do more?

No! She snapped. It was enough,..... More than enough. Though she didn't vocally voice out her feelings,  she showed them through actions. If he were truly her best friend, as he always referred himself to, he'd know she was never good at conveying her feelings. He was supposed to know her the best.... Wasn't he? She played her part, as a friend and if he wasn't going to do anything about them as such, neither would she. They could stay as 'friends' forever.... For now it seemed it would be that way. Frustrated at Jiyong and mostly at herself, she kicked the sheets off and groaned. Life was simple before all this .

 

 

"Hey~" Chaerin lifted her head as she heard her bedroom door slide open, "Hi!" Youngbae smiled as he walked in, "Good morn- huh? Chae..... Where's Ji?" he asked, his eyes searching the room for the said one.

"He left.... For good." she mumbled as she walked over to the glass wall and pulled the drapes, allowing sunlight in, "What's up?" she said turning around and facing him.

"I'd ask you what happened but.... I needed to ask you something-"

"Oppa, seriously, I didn't mean to, the door was open and well... It wasn't like I came to spy on you, I promise!" Chaerin blurted all too quickly leaving Youngbae speechless as he gaped at her for a good 15 seconds before finding his voice.

"W-What?" he coughed, leaning the flat of his palm on her dressing table.

"It wasn't like you guys were doing anything...... Illegal, right? It was just a peck on the cheeks." she winced a little since she couldn't read his blank expression, "-Don't be angry at me no?" she pout a little, lowering her gaze to her feet. Youngbae stepped forward and pat her head, chuckling.

"So you saw..." he said, flushed, "... And why would I be angry at you silly." he smiled when he saw her lift her head up and smile apologetically, "I didn't come here for... that." he scratched his head, "Well, I came to ask you the name of the medicine for a hangover, since... You're the professor's daughter and such!"

"Oh.... That's what yo- Okay, Ummm" she closed her eyes thinking hard, "This will do just fine." she said as she walked to the other side of the bed and picked up the first aid box and handed the same tablet strip she earlier gave to Jiyong, "Here."

"Thank you Chae, I'll just go and-" he said as he walked to the door instantly, but stopped at his tracks and turned around, "Tell me all about it later alright?"

 

 

 

"This is why I hate parties...." Chaerin mumbled as she picked up the garbage bag and threw in all the empty bottles, cups and God knows what. It was already 11 in the morning and everybody left as soon as they woke up, except for Dara, who got knocked off right after the medicine Youngbae gave to her and then left. Picking up the waste she cringed and shook her body in disgust, closing her nose with her two fingers, holding the bag as far away from her as possible. Just as she reached the kitchen, the door bell rang. Removing her rubber gloves, she rushed to the door and answered it without looking at the intercom.

"Hey....." her head shot up at the greeting of the low husky voice.

"Kris....."

Awkwardly, the two stood in front of each other for a few seconds until Kris broke the silence.

"May I come in?" he asked, causing Chaerin to burst out laughing as she pushed the door open wider, gesturing with her hand.

"O f course! Come in... It's... A mess." she flushed, scratching her head, "I was in the progress of cleansing it." Yes! Shewas well aware that she used the word cleansed instead of 'cleaned', it sounded much appropriate.... according to her.

"Did I disturb you?" Kris asked as he removed his shoes and placed it near the door, following Chaerin as she moved around the house.

"Oh, not at all," she called out as she headed to the kitchen as she put on her gloves, "You just sit.... I'll be done in no time."

"Let me help." Kris suggested as he leaned against the kitchen door frame and watched her shake her head violently, "That way you'll be done in no time."

"No! Kris-" Chaerin jumped forward and caught his wrist when he reached for the empty garbage bag, "You don't have t-"

"Hey!" Kris chuckled, "I want to help okay? Aren't leaders all about teamwork?" he wiggled his eyebrows and smiled when he saw Chaerin accepting defeat as she threw her hands up.

"Fine!" she mumbled as she squatted down and opened the drawer, "But if you're helping....." she stood up and threw a pair of gloves towards him, which he almost missed, "Wear this, you don't know what germs you're playing with."

"Wh-What?" Kris almost choked laughing, "Germs?"

"You never know okay?" she smirked, "Now go boy.... Go go go~" she shooed him from the kitchen to the living room, where the two spent 2 hours cleaning every nook and corner, picking every lint on the sofas, steam vacuuming the carpet, cleaning the places where Kris didn't know was even possible to clean.

 

 

 

"See, I told you!" Chaerin said amused, standing cross armed as she watched Kris sprawl on the sofa, groaning, "But you insisted."

"My back~" Kris groaned- half chuckled breathlessly, resting his right hand on his chest, "It was fun though."

"I'm quite impressed" she grinned, passing a water bottle to the collapsed giant, "Here...."

"Thank you," he sat up straight as he took hold of the bottle and chuck it down in one go. Chaerin sat down, on the other side of the sofa, drinking water herself, slowly.... Mostly to avoid the awkwardness in the air. She wiped and turned away when he caught him staring at her with a sheepish smile.

"W-What?" she spat, hugging a cushion, "What're you stating at?"

"You." he said, without blinking, a smirk taking over his lips as he watched her turn pink and throw the cushion at him,

"Be serious!"

"I was being serious." he replied, placing the cushion behind his back.

"-Talking about serious..." he sighed, shifting his position so he'd get a better look at her, "About yesterday...." he watched her shift about nervously, "..... I meant everything I said yesterday..." he rubbed his neck, "God!" he leaned his head back, laughing at his own ridiculousness, "I like you so much!"

Carefully Chaerin slanted a look on his side profile, knowing there was something more "...but?" she prompted.

"But....." he sighed, "I don't want to rush things. I mean, yesterday, was.... Well, probably the best day of my life and when I'm with you I forget everything else." he leaned forward, intertwining his fingers, "...... And what we have.... Or we will have. I want it to happen at the right pace. If we are to happen, I want it to be slow, because when things happen too quickly, they don't end pretty, and tha's not the worst part... I wouldn't just want it to 'end prettily' ", he air quoted, "I wouldn't want it to end. So..." he let out a long breath and turned his head to meet her eyes,  "I don't make sense to I?" he buried his face with his hands and sighed.

"No! I-I think you're right." Chaerin said, "What happened yesterday was.... A surprise..... to both of us.... I believe. So... Yes, taking things slow is definitely a good move." somehow, it relieved her. She herself didn't like instant changes. That kiss they shared, the confession; she had earlier thought that would brand them and everything would kick off to a start without them actually havin a say in it. Feeling a heavy burden lift off her shoulders she leaned back on the sofa and smiled when she felt him her hair in the most affectionate way possible. 

After the agreement, both sat still, silence occupying it's place, only to be interrupted by the sound of footsteps. "Oh! Pudon- Kris" Dara exclaimed as she rubbed her eyes and yawned, "Good morning~"

"Good morning to you too Noona!" Kris said brightly compared to Chaerin, who sarcastically replied, "Good afternoon Unnie!", she had made up up her mind to scold Dara even though she is a Unnie to her. Remind her of not to drink so much. Again.

After watching Dara disappear into the kitchen Kris stood up, brushing his pants, straightening the creases.

"I better head home. The kids..." he mumbled, pinching the bridge of his nose by the mention of his fellow group members. Especially, Sehun who kept texting him to take him to lunch, "...... are waiting for me to treat them lunch.." he smiled and bent down to kiss the top of her head,

"I'll see you soon."

 

 


 

Author's note:  Hi guys~ Here's another Useless and boring chapter.
 

Since most of you were worried about Skydragon ending. Let me remind you.
THIS IS A SKYDRAGON STORY! How can it end.... Why will it end like this?
I know it's not going as fast as ou want it to, but the thing is, I really don't like stories that happen all too fast, all rainbows and unicorns, it's just way too unrealistic.

And yeah, this chapter is to let you know that they aren't actually dating.. officially. (wanted to clear it out)

 

Just wondering... if you guys even read my A/N or not. Haha. Cause my A/N's are all so long and quite boring informative. xD

 

And Ermagaad! 145 subbies! SERIOUSLY? haha. Thank you babies~
and 4 upvotes.... quite low compared to the amount of views and subbies...Not that it matters a lot. But I'd feel appreciated and more inspired to write better..... (No pressure though!) 


Anyways! thank you you for reading this story- Written at the spur-of-the-moment due to unabilitiy to contain my SD feels. Haha.

 

Also read my new story(if you want to, click the title) Then came you 

 

With love 
E N X I E