Chapter 24

I'm Sorry I Love You (editing)

NO ONE'S POV-

Jiyong switched off his laptop after watching the G1 concert live stream. He didn't know what he was feeling so irritated, watching Chaerin being so giggly and so aegyo-ish. He picked up his phone and dialled her number, he didn't even need to look into his contacts. 

No answer

He dialled it again, still, 'No answer'. He foolishly smiled at himself, Why should you be the one to try to mend things between the two of you? She's the one who told you to leave her alone Jiyong.. He scrolled through his phone and decided to text someone.

To Sannpark Noona
Noona! Where are you?

He dived to the couch and reached for a cusion. His phone vibrated.

From sannpark Noona
At the dorm. Why? ┏(・o・)┛

To Sannpark Noona
Okay. Everyone at the dorm?
or... Just you?

From Sannpark Noona
Why don't you just ask directly? (≧ロ≦)

No.. Chaerin's gone out.

To Sannpark Noona
ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
You know me well.
We aren't talking. 
エェェ(´д`)ェェエ 

From Sannpark Noona
Come over, let's talk.
pssst... bring something to eat.
I'm hungry!!
ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

He got up after reading the last message from his noona. He knew there wasn't anyone better to talk to, if it was about Chaerin. He drove to a restaurant and ordered packed dinner and arrived to the dorm a good 30 minutes later. 

*

1 hour earlier

Chaerin checked herself out for one last time. She was wearing a simple black leather pant and her old Balmain studded flag jacket and Burberry Prorsum wedges. 

"Where're you going?" Dara popped her head through the door, eyeing Chaerin with judging eyes.

"Just... Hanging out with a friend." She casually replied as she fixed her bangs. Dara hummed inaudibily as she let herself in and propped herself on Chaerin's bed.

"Friend." she repeated. "So I'll be eating dinner alone it seems." she trailed off as she handed Chaerin's bag to her.

"I'll bring you dinn-" the doorbell interupted her, she cleared and smiled.

"Don't wait for me!" she said as she blew a kiss and ran to the door, Dara followed her, tip toeing towards the living room, she craned her neck to get a glimpse of Chaerin's Friend. She couldn't make out, as Chaerin's body blocked the view. Chaerin shifted to a side, reaching for her scarf hanging on the coat hanger. Dara squinted her eyes, "K-Kris?" she gasped, suddenly both the figures turned around and looked at her. Kris quickly bowed and greeted her, dara bowed as well but her eyes were on Chaerin who was simply glowing.

"I'll promise to bring her back early." Kris called out, his eyes nervously running here and there, Chaerin playfully punched him on his arm to which Kris responded with a soft smile. 

"Bye Unnie!" Chaerin waved as she closed the door behind her.

*

"Then.... I changed my surname from Li to Wu.. my mother's surname." kris said as he sipped the soju, staring into the night sky. Chaerin watched his movements, and couldn't help but feel sorry for him.

"So... you don't meet him anymore?" she asked, resting her elbows on her knees, Kris nodded then let out a small chuckle, which according to Chaerin sounded sad. 

"My life is... boring... Tell me about yourself." He turned towards Chaerin, resting his chin on his hand. Chaerin, shook her head and laughed. he studied her face, her features, individually they looked funny at some angles, and some didn't look very flattering, but all together combined; 'The whole was much-much greater than some of it's parts'. She was beautiful to his eyes.

"Well, do you know what my name means?" she asked, her eyes twinkling under the moonlight.

"Your stage name?" he asked, she nodded.

"It was actually 'Ciel', not 'C.L', It's the french word for sky." she explained, tying up her hair into a pony tail.

"Don't!" Kris suddenly said, earning a confused look from Chaerin.

"Your hair... I like it you leave it open." he said, slightly embarrassed at his own blunt/cheesy statement, which was also very true.

"My Jingyo oppa says that too." Chaerin smiled, which quickly faded, at the unconcious mention of his name.

"Jingyo oppa?" Kris crooked his neck, "Whoever he is, he has good taste." he joked, secretly crossing his fingers, hoping she wasn't creeped out by his words, thankfully, she laughed hugging herself, rubbing her arm.

"This is nice....." she commented out of the blue, closing her eyes, breathing in the winter air.

"What is?"

"This." she repeated, as if it made more sense saying twice, but he knew what she meant to say.

"I hope we get to do this more often... I don't really have anyone to talk to these days" she said again. Of course she could tak with others but being the leader of her group, she couldn't really share her problems and difficulties she faced in the industry with the other members. Something she used to share with her Jingyo oppa, now that they weren't talking. there was no one.

"We will.... " Kris smiled as he gently placed his palm on her back and rubbed it assuringly.

"You can always talk to me."