Chapter 30

I'm Sorry I Love You (editing)

 

"What is it Chaerinnie... It's quite late..." Seunghyun yawned, he definitely wasn't entertained. 

"Oppa. I-I need your help." Chaerin breathlessly panted as she ran as fast as she could to be avoided being clicked leaving the Music Bank building, when there was absolutely no reason for her to be there.

"Is it something serious?" he asked, concerned because he knew Chaerin wouldn't call him unless she was really in trouble.

"Where are you? Should I come over?" Chaerin suggested,

"Home." he mumbled.

"I'm coming. See ya!" with that she hung up, hopping inside her car.

"Wha--" he stammered, "Oh!" he mumbled as he heard a long annoying sound from the other side.

 

 

 

Chaerin repeatedly rang the doorbell, as she shifted her weight on her legs. Her face jerked up as the door flung open, revealing a rather sleepy Seunghyun, still in his pajamas, he dragged his feet on the floor and bought a bottle of water from the kitchen offering it to Chaerin who shook her head.

"Come in." he whispered as he rubbed his eyes. Chaerin removed her shoes and placed it neatly beside the other shoes.

"What's so important Chae-ah? Couldn't it wait till tomorr--" he gestured her to sit down as he plopped himself face down on the couch.

"Oppa.... Umm.... There's this thing.. I mean something. Well.. It's a.. A picture of me." she stammered, fiddling with her fingers.

"Don't tell me there's a picture of you and it's gone viral! Chaerin how stupid can you--" he suddenly sat up.

"Yah! Oppa! It's not that.", she made a face, "ew.", she shook her body while expressing it, "Anyway yes. There's a picture of me and... And..... "

".....and?"

"Jiyong oppa kissing, and it could go viral, you'll have to help me. Please."

"Wait! Hold up!" Seunghyun held up his hands in the air, "You and Jiyong. Kissing. A photo." his hand was on his hips, "What the is going on?"

"It was just a truth and dare game, somehow it landed in ...... Hyunjoong oppa's phone, and he thinks I cheated on him too, so he might use it to get to me."

"What? Hyunjoong? What're you saying Chae?" he crossed his long legs, eyeing Chaerin suspiciously, " He thinks you cheated.... Did you?"

"No! That was just it. Just a kiss, nothing else." Chaerin her teeth as she spoke, "Besides... he was the one who cheated."

"He cheated?" Seunghyun's voice grew louder, "What is going on? Why don't I know anything?"

"We broke up." hearing this Seunghyun buried his face into his hands and sighed helplessly, he definitely had to go out more often, because he was missing out on so much, and his so called best friend and his sister-from-another-mother broke up and he didn't even have the slightest idea about it.

"He won't do anything like that Chae-ah, he's not that kind of a person." he shook his head at the thought of his friend trying to humiliate his ex girlfriend only to get back at her. "You know that yourself."

"That's what I thought too until he--" she stopped for a moment, she wasn't sure if she should tell him or not.

"Until he...... What?"

"He...." Chaerin swallowed, "hit me." she said it so quickly that even she almost couldn't understand it, but Seunghyun had the most sensitive ears, "But he was drunk..." she couldn't understand why she had to make an excuse for him.

"Drunk?" he scoffed, Chaerin noticed his expression, he definitely wasn't going to go easy on his friend, and that somehow made her happy inside, "That doesn't excuse him. He hit a girl..... He hit you." he got up and charged to his bedroom.

"Oppa?" she called out as she followed him suit, she wasn't sure what he intended to do, "Please don't tell this to anyone. No one knows." she muttered, "Please"

"Chaerin-ah, I'll handle it alright?" Hyunseung turned around and pat her head.

"Okay. I knew you'd help." Chaerin smiled widely, she felt safe having such amazing oppas, 

"I'll talk to him."

 

*

 

"Why didn't you tell me you left?" Kris said through the phone, his tone suggested he wasn't very happy, "I looked everywhere for you."

"I had to leave, something happened." 

"Did Krystal say something to yo--" before he could finish she interrupted.

"No! It wasn't her." 

"Then? What was it Chaerin? I can help you if you want me to...." he suggested, his voice was soft and so calm, just like the sea. 

"You can't help me. Because, it's already handled." Chaerin punched the codes to their dorm intercom security system and tiptoed quietly since she assumed Dara was already asleep. Noticing Kris hadn't said a word, she spoke again.

"Thanks for trying to help though, I appreciate it."

"I was going to do something today..." he said instead, jumping out of the topic, "But whatever!"

"Something? What?" Oblivious to what he was trying to say Chaerin innocently asked.

"Nothing." Kris snapped, he immediately regretted saying that but he had enough for the day, he had stayed up so many nights planning for that 'something', but she ditched him. Maybe he'd talk to her when he was feeling much better about it, he thought as he said-- "Goodnight Chaerin." and hung up the phone, leaving Chaerin startled at his sudden out burst, she'd never pegged him to be the kind of guy who'd get upset by such a little thing. Putting down her phone and walking up to the dressing table, she took out a wet wipe and dabbed it on her face until the make up fell off. She stared at the blue-black spot on her face and grazed her fingers over it, lost in deep thought, He was with Jessica, the person he kept on claiming was his best friend. It is possible that because of his infidelity, he assumed Jiyong Oppa and I to be like them.....? More like friends-with-benefits? For a moment she caught herself imagining Jiyong and herself on bed, quickly shaking head she muttered.

"Lee Chaerin.. get a hold of yourself. He's just my best friend. Nothing else." although she kept repeating it, it didn't seem to have an impact on her, instead she felt like she was trying to convince herself. Does he really mean more than a friend? She sighed, embarrassed at her own thoughts.

You're in some deep Chaerin. Get yourself out of it before you get stuck.

 


 A/N: Hey guys. I'm back with a rather short and boring Chappie,
Sorry for not updating sooner.
I was itching to update, but I was sick(Still am) and
not only that.....I lost all the word files that I had saved. :'(
So I had to write it all again.
I'm having a writer's block moment right now.
And my head hurts. My body hurts. 

PS- I'll be having 1st Sem examination next month, a
nd I have to complete around 6 novels in just 2 weeks.
All those boring stuffs, Sophocles, Euripides, Homer Blah-Blah.
Wish me luck and wish me good health.
Apparantly, I had written Hyunseung instead of Seunghyun, I'm so sorry,
as I said, my mind isn't cooperating with me. Mianhe, for the confusion.
Wont happen next time.
Thanks for supporting this fic, Though It big time. :* :*

 

{E N X I E}