Chapter 21

I'm Sorry I Love You (editing)

CHAERIN'S POV-

It had been about 3 hours since Jiyong oppa left, and I had to leave for a practice for the G1 concert. I quickly took a shower, I asked Dara unnie to pick me up from ny house, since I didn't sleep at the dorm. We headed  for the stadium where the concert was supposed to be held. After 3 hours of practicing at our own mini stage, we were finally called for a final rehearsal by all groups and acts, serial wise. Our act was just after the new group Exo. I hadn't actually had time to check them out, but heard that the group had few Chinese members as well. We watched the stage from the backstage as the rookie group hit the stage. As we entered the stage, the boys bowed respectfully and exited, a certain guy caught my eye, well I was pretty sure everybody had their eyes on him, given he towered over everybody. I squinted my eyes to look at his name tag. Kris.I saw him in Gayo Daejun I remembered, I smiled as he bowed and greeted.

"Good luck!" he said looking at me, I glanced around to see who he was talking to. He bowed again.

"Nice to meet you CL sunbaenim." he said, in english, I couldn't really make out the origin of his accent but definitely, his Hangul gave away that he was definitely one of the Chinese member in the group.

It had been a long time since we performed on stage, and all of us definitely felt the energy and couldn't wait to perform in front of an audience tomorrow. Just as we were climbing down the stairs after our practice, the PD came towards me holding a file in his hand waving it before me,

"CL-sshi, please could I have a word with you and your manager in private?" he said, fixing his mic stuck with a tape to his cheek. I stood on my toes and gestured my manager to come.

"Yes.. Sure. This is my manager!" I said pointing to the manager oppa and waving to the girls who were leaving the backstage.

"This is very last minute, but unfortunately, but due to a certain injury, G-na sshi will not be able to make it, so we want you to replace her..... As the MC for Day after tomorrow." he said in one breath, I gawked at him, I glanced at my manager who had the same expression like me, only his mouth was closed.

"Why.... Me? I mean.... I've never done MC-ing." I stuttered and nudged my manager oppa for support, who simply reacted by scratching his head.

"You will do very well CL-sshi, in fact we'd be very honoured if you did you're first MC-ing for this event." he said, his wizened face scrounging up as he smiled.

"I can't..... Why don't you ask my unnie.... uh-Dara unnie?" I knew I was being unprofessional, but well, this was her quota. Not mine.

"Oh no! See, the MC-ing will be in English, Kikwang-sshi and Mina-sshi are doing the MC-ing in Hangul." he explained flipping through his notebook.

"What do you think oppa?" I tugged my manager oppa's arm.

"it'll be a good exposure for you Chaerin-ah, but.... Do it only if you're comfortable. But just make sure Sajangnim is okay with it." he mumbled resting his hands  on his waist.

"I've already talked to your boss, he says it's your decision." the PD added, not making it any easier for me.

After a long thought, I finally came to a decision.

"Fine. I'll do it..... " I said and shook the PD's hands whose smile reached to his ears.

"Thank you... Thank you CL-sshi... Please, follow me... And take this..." he said as he passed me sheets of paper.

"This is the program list and.... Just a few lines you have to say to introduce the next act. You don't have to do too much, you need to hype the audience. That's pretty much, cause you'll be doing it with Kris-sshi." he said in one go and he flipped through the pages frantically and smiled.

"Here... He's waiting for you." he said as he directed me to turn to the waiting room on the right. I slowly pushed the door open and found few people standing, who bowed as soon as I stepped in.

"Nice to meet you." everyone said, who were a bunch of strangers, I dis recognize some faces, like Kikwang of Beast, who had once done a dance performance with our Minji, and beside him was Hyunseung oppa, whom I had meet during my early training days.

"Chaerin-ah?" he called out as he pat my shoulders and smiled, I was quote taken aback at his behaviour cause he definitely wasn't the type who showed affection or started a conversation, but then again, he had always been so unpredictable.

"Hyunseung Oppa... How're you?" I asked timidly. He smiled brightly, somehow he always had seemed like family, cause Jiyong and Tabi oppa were so close to them, and though were rarely talked.. I felt a friendly vibe from him and his whole group.

"I'm good.... What--" a lady quickly pulled him and muttered something into his ears, and he winced.

"I have to go, I have an interview in just a few minutes.... Nice talking to you though. We'll catch up some other day." he called out as he s his hand into his jacket and waved.

"Nice talking to you too." I said and watched him wave a hand to Kikwang and darted out of the room, almost bumping into a large figure entering the room. I didn't bother to look at the person entering and took a seat at a corner and started going through the lines and chuckled to myself at the punch lines, whoever had written the script had done a hell of a job, I candidly did a mimicry of our president, and almost jumped out of my seat when I heard a deep voice call my name.

"CL Sunbaenim.. I-I'm Kris...." he stuttered as he dragged a seat beside mine and sat down.

"Nice to meet you.." I said smiling, because I didn't know what to say, given that he already knew my name and introducing myself again would be stupid.

"You're replacing G-na sunbaenim?" he asked, furrowing his eyebrows as he searched for the  correct words.

I nodded and waved the scripts in front of him, he smiled and waved his pair of scripts as well.

"I've never..... Done this so.... Please understand!"  I said apologetically tucking my hair behind my ear. The commotion in the room had subsided and I glanced behind us and found there was just a lady who was sitting on the make up chair with an earphone plugged in her ear, her eyes closed.

"Neither have I..." he said as he followed my gaze.

"Where's everyone?" I asked, as a frown formed on my forehead.

"Oh! I guess they're practicing on the stage.... We won't have to do it on stage today, we'll have to do it directly on stage tomorrow." he said dryly as he flipped through the pages and sighed.

"We're going to have to work really hard!" I added, shaking my head, Why did I agree to do this?

"We'll help each other.." he said as he rested his elbows on his knees and shifted closer.

-

"Do I have to start? I don't understand!" I exclaimed. He chuckled and ran his hand through his hair. Hours had already passed since we started and we hadn't got it right even once.

"We have to say the first two lines together. Then... You will continue, then I join." he explained gently.

"Then what is this? Who will say this line?" I asked again. Amused, he took my paper and drew a few lines here and there, then handed me the paper.

"I wrote your name in your part. And these stick figures boy-girl is when have to say it together." he explained as he ran his hand through the sheet animatedly. It was quite funny  how his stage presence I'd seen earlier was so different from his personality, It was like I was looking at my own reflection.

"Wow... Nice drawing!" I said sarcastically, though I didn't get why I did that.

"Oh! You should be very happy I just drew for you.. People die for a glimpse of my paintings!" he joked, it was funny how easily we hit it off,  I felt a sense of comfort with him,  which I rarely felt, unless they were in YG.

His eyes suddenly brightened, and I wondered what happened. He clear his throat and smiled sheepishly.

"Happy birthday!" he said, scratching his head, slightly embarrassed.

"Oh! Thanks....."

How did he know?

 


A/N:

Hello guys... So Finally, I decided to use Kris instead. the results were BYG(21) and Kris(20) and with my vote and my sister's vote, Kris won by 1 vote. Haha.

And somehow I felt GD and BYG are too similar. :]

I'm a die hard VIP, Blackjack and.. a devoted Exo fan and a Baby.
(EXO is actually the first SM group I liked..haha)

 I Added Hyunseung cause he's an ex YG trainee.. and I like beast too.
 

PS- I'm dying to hear another single from our girls... :'(
And I kinda want it to be like IATB or back to thei Hip-Hop genre(Clap your hands type) or Lonely.
But anyways, they're 2NE1 they never disappoint.

 

{E N X I E}