Chapter 49

I'm Sorry I Love You (editing)

 

 

A week passed and Jiyong was still hospitalized. Chaerin spent most of her days recording for their new album since the promotion for their single just ended, while she spent the nights at the hospital, holding Jiyong's hand as she said her silent prayers.

The news got out about Jiyong's sickness and his tour got cancelled infuriating many fans who cursed the agency for treating him unfairly, overworking him, while others just cursed Jiyong for not being professional and asking for refund for the tickets. Which the company did.

Fed up at watching the made up stories flooding the media. Chaerin switched the channel and stopped suddenly when a familiar face showed up.

'I would like thank all our international fans. We love you. Wo ai ni. Please continue supporting Exo and Growl. Thank you. Xie xie.'

 

Chaerin smiled a bitter sweet smile at the person who meant a lot to her. He'd been nothing but gentle to her, lend her an ear when she wanted to speak, gave her voice when she couldn't speak. Held her up when she thought she'd fall. They'd not spoken since the one time she went over to the SM building. She knew he wanted space to recover, but right now.... She needed a friend to talk to, someone she could speak to without having to disguise herself as CL. Grabbing her phone from her bag, she dialled the number she'd put on speed dial #2. #1 being Jiyong.

Chaerin smiled awkwardly as she hummed to his ringtone, 'Growl'.

"The number you're trying to reac--"

Pushing the 'end call' button, Chaerin groaned and stretched. She'd expected it anyway.

Just as she opened Instagram browser, her phone vibrated.

 

Kris Wu

 

Clearing , Chaerin answered in a raspy voice, "Hello?"

"Chaerin?" Kris's voice glared from the receiver. "I'm so sorry, my phone was with Tao, he was taking selcas."

Chaerin laughed at what the gentle giant just said. She'd missed him so much.

"It's alright. Did I interrupt you?" Chaerin asked as she slowly stood up and walked outside the room, closing the door behind her, not forgetting to give a last glance at Jiyong.

"Oh no no! I-I'm just surprised you called." Kris mumbled. After a good 10 seconds of silence he spoke. "Are you okay?"

"Couldn't be better." Chaerin faked a laugh.

"Don't lie to me Chaerin. I know you too well." Kris said and Chaerin felt her tears threatening to fall. "Do you want me to come over?"

 

 

 

Chaerin stood behind the glass door, occasionally standing on her toes to look at the cars driving by. She felt anxious and nervous thinking what to say when he arrives. She couldn't be too friendly, it might come off as weird neither could she act all quiet, since it'll become awkward.

Lost in her thoughts she missed the certain giant entering the hospital in dark clothes, a snapback occupying his head along with dark sunglasses that covered his eyes.

"Hey~"

Chaerin whipped her head up and looked at him funnily, to which Kris made a face before pulling her into an embrace.

"H-Hi!" Chaerin managed to choke out as he stood on her toes. So much for being friends with a giant.

"You look horrible!" Kris said as they silently walked towards an open balcony. "I mean....." he murmured. "You look exhausted Chaerin. You need to rest."

"I'm fine really." she waved it off, taking a deep breath. "I originally called to congratulate you." she smiled, nudging him lightly. "Even ajhummas in the hospital hum to your song."

Kris chuckled, shaking his head at the thought. He knew she was trying to divert the conversation so it wouldn't be about her and although she seemed tired and weary, she was still the same Chaerin he remembered, the spunky, frank, honest girl. The one who he still loved, but knew he could never have.

"I'm glad to hear that." he nod his head as they seated themselves at the couch. It was past 11:00pm so the corridors were mostly empty, removing his cap and his mask, Kris ran a hand through his hair before resting his elbows on his knees.

"How's he?"

He read about it few days ago when he, unlike him, picked up the SK Daily and not to mention, Tao did not forget to tell him about his role model's well being. The boy knew almost everything about his idol.... And to make it worse for him, Tao was apparently a 'Skydragon' shipper, "The sky belongs to the dragon" he'd drawl whenever he'd listen to The leaders audio track.

"He's getting better. I think." she sighed, pressing her eyelids with the heel of her palms. "There's just so many things going on, the world tour... Everything. It's a chaos."

Kris nod again, not removing his gaze on Chaerin even for a second. He just wanted to kiss her and tell her that he'd never make her suffer like that, or even give a reason to worry her. But.... He'd made a promise.

"Do want to get a coffee or something?" Chaerin asked as she placed her tiny palms on his sharp knees. "I know a place."

 

 

It had been almost 2 hours since they arrived to the twosome studio and it had felt like 2 minutes. The two friends chatted like they'd spent years apart. From the huge success of Growl to the possible 2nd world tour.

"I'll make sure I come to this place from now onwards." Kris said as he his lower lip after finishing the 3rd cup of macchiato cappuccino.

"There's an art studio too. Wanna see?" Chaerin said as she sat straight up and nod her head towards the stairs behind her.

"I'd love to."

 

"It's so tiny." Kris said in awe as he squint his eyes and tried to figure out the tiny art master piece of a French artist, who's name he couldn't pronounce.

"J'leauxe Von zuiávu"

"J-- What?" Kris jut his head forward. "And what is the story behind it?"

Chaerin bent down, running her hand on the glass frame as she read the texts in French.

"It's.........."

"I keep forgetting you speak French." Kris smiled, his cheeks turning pink from the way Chaerin spoke so ily. He rubbed his neck and turned to the side to find a rather odd painting on the wall.

"Hey!" he called out as Chaerin turned towards where he pointed. "What's that?"

Chaerin walked forward and crossed her hand to take a good look at the painting shed never seen before.

"I have no clue. I never noticed it." she said as she stared at the pink heart shape just next to the mirrored wall. "That's odd."

Kris took a step closer to the drawing and tried hard to analyze it.

"There's something written." he said, pointing inside the heart.

"Seriously?" Chaerin stepped back to get a full look and read the letters she could make out, which had been almost fully covered by the scribbling.

"G..... G....DCL?" Kris wondered aloud as he tapped his toes on the marble floor.

"GDCL" Chaerin repeated and her heart immediately sank as she read the small text written in a messy handwriting under the drawing.

'Accept my heart

By: GD

20130818'

 

 

 

Author's note:
I was gone for a long time eh? Sorry T__T
I just.... got pre-occupied with other stuff.

 

BTW, I just couldn't get over my KrisChae feels.. Hehe..
Don't be alarmed.. Chae loves Jiyong :)

 

With love
E