Chapter 28

I'm Sorry I Love You (editing)

NO ONE'S POV-

 

Dara frantically ran around her room, worried as hell, Chaerin had never been so careless, she hadn't called to inform and even bother to drop a text, she tried calling her, but her phone was switched off.

"Yah! Lee Chaerin! Where are you?"  she yelled to no one in particular.

It was already noon time, she'd thought Chaerin was running late since Teddy oppa had called her, but when she checked her bed the next morning, it hadn't even been slept on.

Worried sick she called everybody, Bom didn't know, Minzy didn't know, Xin didnt know..... Maybe.... Jiyong?

She dialled his number and impatiently tapped her fingers against her hips.

"Jiyong-ah!" she yelled as soon as he picked up.

"Noona?" he answered normally.

"Where is Chaerin, s-she didnt come home last night, a-and her phone is switched off.. I d-don't know where s-she is Jiyong, I--" she muttered nervously.

"Hey... Hey, calm down. She's with me. Do you want to talk to her?" he said casually as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"What?" she yelled,  but Jiyong was already busy calling Chaerin.

"Chae-ah!" Dara heard him yell through the phone, "Chae-ah.... You're unnie wants to--" his voice vanished as Chaerin's voice came from the other line.

"Unnie!" she exclaimed merrily.

"Yah!" Dara had almost went to the police to file a missing person's report.

"Lee Chaerin! What the hell were you thinking? Couldn't you at least inform me? I was so worried you Pabo!" she was almost tearing up, Chaerin knew it right away by the tone of her voice.

"I-I'm so so so sorry unnie. I know I should have. It totally slipped my mind." Chaerin mumbled apologetically, feeling guilty for making her Unnie worry about her.

"It's fine now. You're fine. Just.... Don't do anything stupid okay?" she said, before Chaerin could ask her what she meant by that, Dara spoke again.

"I'm going to go sleep, Didn't get a good night's sleep. Goodnight to me!" she said then hung up. Chaerin stared at the phone for a few minutes before returning the phone to Jiyong.

"What'd she say?" Jiyong asked,  curious by the tone of Dara's voice a few minutes ago.

"N-Nothing...." Chaerin waved him off as she checked her watched, 4:30pm. She slowly stretched then went over to the couch to pick up her dead phone and her purse.

"I should head home...." She said as she walked towards the door, Jiyong jumped out of his seat and followed suit.

"Why? Did noona say something?" he asked, she didn't answer as she picked up her shoes near the door and sat down to wear it.

"Yah. Hunchae!" he pulled her up, "Is everything all right?" he asked as he pushed her chin up to make her face him. She nodded then bent down again to wear the other side of the shoe. Just as she flung the door open, a familiar figure was standing at the door, her hand reaching for the doorbell.

"Chaerin? Oppa?" her voice was high pitched and rather curious.

"Kiko...." Chaerin gulped, she stared down at herself, wearing the same attire she was wearing yesterday, her hair messy, no make up, her jacket flung over her arm. She knew what this looked like and sighed miserably.

 

*

 

"What're you doing here?" Kiko snarled as she eyed her from head to toe.

"What're you doing here?" Jiyong stood in front of Chaerin blocking her and asked the same question to the skinny figure in front of them, crossing his arm against his chest.

"What is she doing here?" she asked again, jabbing her finger towards Chaerin. Who nervously bit her lips. She'd rather not speak, she thought.

"Look Kiko.... " Jiyong placed his hand on his temple making an irritated face, "I thought I made it clear... I don't want to see you again." he spat, surprising both the girls at his too-direct words. Kiko turned her gaze to Jiyong who had blocked the door by stretching his arm over the door frame.

"Oppa... Please what're you sayi--" Kiko's voice trembled, which Chaerin noticed right away. She slightly felt sorry for not keeping her promise about talking to Jiyong. She had totally forgotten about it.

"What part didn't you get Kiko?" Jiyong's voice was soft, "I thought I made it clear that all I wanted from you was physical relationship, and now.... I don't want that either. I'm done playing games. I'm.... not the same guy I was before." he said in one go, making him breathless. Kiko stared at him agape, tears threatening to fall, whereas there was Chaerin who wanted to crawl into a hole rather than listening to their conversation, she wanted to puke. Reminding the duo she was still there, she cleared and decided to speak.

"So... Yeah! I was just h-heading out.  So....." she sneaked under Jiyong's stretched arm only to be blocked by Kiko.

"You're not going to leave." Kiko gritted her teeth.

 

*

 

The three of them awkwardly sat in the living room, no one speaking, just the sound of Jiyong's dog snoring. Being eaten alive by the stuffed up environment, Chaerin decided to speak--

"Kiko... I think, What you think you saw is not actually what you were thinking, because what you saw was nothing to think about. Jingyo oppa and I.. We're...... Just friends." she turned to Jiyong looking for support, who's head was simply hanging low, definitely not in the mood for this 'meeting'. She doubted if anything she said made sense to her, cause it sounded like a mere tongue twister to her ears.

"She slept over, that was it." Jiyong finally spoke, irritated by the uninvited guest's presence.

"that was it? Are you serious Oppa? She slept over." Kiko mimiced jabbing a finger towards Chaerin.

"I'm sorry CL... I.. I didn't mean to yell." Kiko said as she composed herself.

"I'll... L-Leave." Chaerin mumbled as she got up from her seat, confused why she was even sitting there in the first place.

"There's no need for that Chaerin. Sit down." Jiyong said, annoyed.

"No, I'll leave.... You guys can talk." Chaerin said as she excused herself.

"There's nothing to discuss." Jiyong snapped, stretching his legs on the coffee table.

"Yes. There's nothing to discuss, let's leave together CL." Kiko said as she waved asking Chaerin Chaerin to wait for her. Jiyong stared at the two girls leaving with an O expression.

As soon as they got out of the house, Chaerin turned to Kiko.

"Kiko... I'm sorry I didn't do what you asked me to, b-but that doesn't give you the right to falsely accused me of s-something like that." Chaerin let out a sigh. To her surprise Kiko smiled as she put her hand on her shoulder and squeezed it.

"Chaerin..." This was the first time she called her by her real name.

"I didn't accuse you of anything. And neither do I think that lowly of you." she clicked her tongue, "I came to ask him what he meant, the favor I asked you? That you didn't do..." she let out a small laugh, "But I found my answer." She said as she opened her car door.

"What was the a-answer?" she wasn't sure if she wanted to know, or if she wanted to meddle herself into the whatever relationship they were in.

"Get in... I'll tell it to you, if you ride with me." Kiko smiled.

 

*

 

"Thank you for the ride. " Chaerin called out as she waved her hand, she took out her car keys from her purse and headed towards the YG HQ parking lot. She had left her car here since yesterday since they drove to Jiyong's house in his car.

"What did she mean?" Chaerin mumbled to herself as she stopped in the red light.

"You wanted to know the answer right?" Kiko exclaimed, with a smile plastered on her face, Chaerin nodded.

"I didn't get what he meant he was sorry. I mean, he kept rambling he was sorry and he wanted me to free him.... Like that made sense." she let out a small laugh.

"I guess he felt sorry for the way he treated me before..... I mean him and I, we used to... Y-you know." she cleared , "He never cared about me, still doesn't." she poured, "So I guess, when I came back to Seoul, he kind of felt guilty for treating me the way he had, so he spent his time with me. So...he apologized for that reason." she changed her car gear,and turned to Chaerin, "You'll be getting off at the YG building right?"

"Yes, I left my car there." Chaerin said as she leaned her head against the window.

"Chaerin......" Kiko called out, rather softly. Chaerin bobbed her head up with a sheepish smile.

"You saw how he defended you right?" she suddenly said, returning her gaze to the road. Before Chaerin could contemplate, Kiko spoke again.

"He cares about you... Alot, I might add." she shrugged once. Chaerin swore she saw glimmer in Kiko's eyes, which she hid with a smile.

"Just don't.... Leave him. He needs someone, and you're that perfect someone. He still doesn't know it, and..... Neither do you." she said as a matter-of-factly then suddenly pressed the horn and cursed at driver driving in front of them.

"We're here." she smiled brightly,

"All the best Chaerin."

"Thank you for the ride."

 

She came back to the reality as the entire lane was blocked because of her, the light was green, she quickly stepped on the gas, mumbling apologies under her breath.

She slowly opened the door to their dorm, removed her shoes and placed it neatly near the door. She hung her car key at the rack and dragged herself to the kitchen to get a water bottle, she walked to the living room only to find a familiar figure standing in the middle of the room.

"Chaerinnie......." he sang.

"Hyunjoong oppa?"

 

 


 

A/N:

Heya Lovelies... I'm back with a new chappie. A boring one actually.
I re read everything I wrote, and realized there are so many grammatical errors and wrong sentences.
My sincerest apologies. English isn't my native language.

PS- Sorry for the cliff hanger.
BTW!
Did you guys watch GD's performance in the GMarket concert?
he did the Nail-drying Gizibe Dance move.
Our king sure is in love and 
wants us to know. hahah :)

 

{E N X I E}