Seaweed Soup

A Gangster Lives In My House!

When Yoseob woke up, he found himself on a bed. The bed was soft and comfortable, but it was pink. The blankets were made out of the finest silk and the pillows were as soft as clouds. Yoseob groaned as he tried to sit up, but someone stopped him. His visions were quite blurry, so he wasn't exactly sure who it was. He obediently obeyed and leaned back on the bed, groaning in pain. However, his ribs felt a bit better. Yoseob raised his hands slowly and rubbed his eyes. He gasped when he saw IU sitting on a chair right next to him. He realized that he was still in IU's house, but this time on IU's bed.

"What…?" Yoseob was confused. What happened? He remembered being shoved in the closet and then coming out. He remembered that he started coughing and wheezing and then IU calling the hospital…

Oh yeah, she called the doctor, Yoseob thought, as he sighed, I'm going to jail now since the doc probably found out that I'm a gangster from B2st.

"I called the doctor to come over here," IU said quietly. Yoseob closed his eyes tightly. Like I thought, Yoseob thought as he sighed even deeper this time. "He said that it'll take around 2 months for your ribs to heal. You should've told me you had an injured rib!" Yoseob didn't smile or anything. He kept a straight face.

"It's nothing," Yoseob sighed.

"It is something! Yoseob, if you're going to stay in my house, you better learn how to tell what you feel. If you felt pain, you should've told me earlier. You know how much I panicked? I thought you were going to die!" IU screeched. A small smirk forced on Yoseob's lips. He slowly moved his head to face IU.

"So you were worried about me?" Yoseob asked, partially teasing her. IU flushed as she looked away, shaking her head furiously.

"A-A-Ani! No, I don't! I, um, well, uh…You know, you should be thankful that I'm sheltering you in this house. You're super lucky that my parents aren't here for a whole month," IU exclaimed, changing the subject. Yoseob pretended to take no notice of the subject changing. He smiled lightly.

"Well, I guess I'm one lucky boy," Yoseob laughed. The laughing died down as awkwardness filled in the conversation. IU pressed her lips tightly against each other as Yoseob stared up at the ceiling. None of them knew what to say or do. IU suddenly spoke up.

"You must've had a hard time, didn't you," IU said quietly. Yoseob forced a tight smile.

"No, not at all," Yoseob lied. IU sighed. He's lying, he made it so obvious, IU thought, rolling her eyes.

"Hey…If you don't mind, tell me how your…Er, the other gangsters are like," IU said carefully. Yoseob raised an eyebrow.

"Why? You want to meet them?" Yoseob asked. IU quickly shook her head.

"A-A-Ani! I just wanted to hear how they are, since…You seem a bit lonely," IU said, biting her lower lips gently. Yoseob smiled.

"So you care for me?" Yoseob teased. IU turned red and got up.

"You know what? Forget what I said! If you have enough energy to tease me, you probably have enough energy to move around on your own," IU said angrily. She stormed off the room, as Yoseob's eyes followed.

"Wait!" Yoseob exclaimed. IU turned around, touching the doorknob.

"What?" she asked, annoyed.

"What did you tell the doctor? Did he know who I was?" Yoseob asked quietly. IU blew her bangs and smiled lightly. Her angers suddenly vanished into thin air.

"I told him you were my older brother who wanted to be like Yoseob. So he did all these crazy things to look and act like Yoseob from B2ST," IU explained softly.

"The doctor fell for it?" Yoseob asked, his mouth hanging wide. IU nodded.

"He fell for it," IU laughed, as she closed the door. Yoseob smiled lightly, as he looked to the right where the side table stood. He widened his eyes. On the table, there was a bowl of seaweed soup, a bowl of rice and kimchi. Is this for me? he wondered, as he took the tray. He found a small note on the side. He picked up and read it.

Yoseob-ah! If you're hungry, dig into the food!

It's made for you. Hope you feel better! :)

- IU (Lee Ji Eun)

P.S. If you hate it, I'm sorry and please don't kill me.

He carefully placed it on his lap and used the spoon to drink the soup. He smiled as he placed the spoon down to the side.

"It's delicious," he whispered, keeping a goofy grin on his face.