Grounded For Life

A Gangster Lives In My House!

With Yoseob's arm wrapped around IU's waist, IU kept quiet. She didn't even dare to speak or explain to her dad. She knew that she was caught and there was no way that she could explain this situation.

"So…who are you?" Yoseob asked, staring cluelessly at the angry adults.

"Well, Ji Eun-ah, do you care to introduce us to this filthy gangster here?" IU's father asked, crossing his arms. IU widened her eyes as Yoseob coldly glared at IU's father.

"What did you call me?" Yoseob hissed in a low voice.

"See? He's a threat! He's a threat I tell you! He must've threatened our dear little Ji Eun! That's possibly why the house is dirty and all!" exclaimed IU's father. IU kept extremely quiet. That was the truth. Yoseob had threatened Ji Eun, and there was no way she would be able to lie.

"Ji Eun-ah, why wouldn't you take the risk to tell us?" IU's mother asked softly, pulling IU's father back. IU pressed her lips into a thin line.

Oh, you know, because you guys were on vacation and on business trips everyday, I didn't want to annoy you. Plus, you guys always leave me, making me responsible for all the messes I caused. Yep, so since you guys believe that I can be alone without anyone caring for me, I didn't want to call you like a little kid would, IU thought cold-heartedly.

"Can I punch them?" Yoseob asked, making a tight fist. 

IU's father immediately pointing a finger at Yoseob. "See?! He's a threat!" 

"I'm not a damn person who threatens person, foo!" Yoseob shouted. Immediately, IU pulled Yoseob back and shook her head. Yoseob sighed and calmed down a bit, glaring at IU's father. This time, IU decided to speak.

"Appa, Umma, this is Yoseob. Yoseob, my parents," IU said quietly, as Yoseob stared at IU's parents. Then, he broke into a grin.

"Well, you should've told me earlier! Hello, dawgs! I'm–"

"Are you talking about the Yoseob, Ji Eun-ah?" her mother asked hoarsely. IU stared at Yoseob, and then nodded her head in shame. Quickly, IU's father pointed at the door.

"Get out! Get out of my house, you filthy little gangster!" IU's father shouted harshly. Yoseob frowned at IU's father.

"Well, you're not a very nice father. It makes sense why IU didn't call you guys for help," Yoseob mumbled.

IU's father turned red in anger, ready to strangely Yoseob. "Do you want to die?"

"Chill, dawgs! Sheesh, this is why I don't like parents. At a first glance, they tend to dislike people," Yoseob grumbled, getting out of the house. He turned to IU and smiled. "See ya later, IU!"

"Don't you dare call our daughter's name! You will never see my daughter again," IU's mother snapped. 

"Yes, exactly what she said. From now on, she will be grounded for the rest of her life," IU's father agreed. IU's eyes widened, shocked at the harsh punishment she was receiving.

"Umma! Appa!"

"Don't 'Umma' and 'Appa' us, dear," IU's mother said sharply.

"Umma, this is totally unfair! He was injured! He still has a month until his ribs fully recover!" IU protested, running towards Yoseob. "Please let him stay until he heals!"

"Never! I forbid it!" IU's father objected, pushing Yoseob's back. "Get out of my house!"

"I'll go out with him then!" IU exclaimed, running to Yoseob. 

"You will stay here in your room, sweetie," IU's mother said bitter-sweetly, pushing IU into her room. IU loudly protested about Yoseob being innocent as IU's mother locked the door.

IU froze, as she tried to unlock the door. "Umma, open the freaking door! I want to see Yoseob! Umma!"

Her mother did not reply. After a few more minutes, she gave up. She sobbed and cried her heart out on her bed, worried about Yoseob.

This isn't fair, she thought, wiping her tears away. Yoseob was an innocent guy from the very beginning. He isn't like those cold-hearted, erted gangsters in the street. He's the one who calls the street, 'Home.' Rumors of Yoseob being evil and bad aren't true! You just have to know him a bit, and then you'll like him, like me! 

IU stared out the window, as she found Yoseob being chased by her father. She watched the scene until Yoseob had disappeared to wherever he had came from. A small tear trickled down her cheek, as she closed her eyes.

I didn't even get to say that I love him.