Phone Calls

A Gangster Lives In My House!

"I'm sorry, but IU's going to have to stay at the hospital for a while, Yoseob."

"If only I wasn't a gangster I could've visited her…" Yoseob said, sighing. Suzy had came over and announced that IU would have to stay at the hospital for a while. Suzy simply just shrugged.

"Well, I'm sorry Yoseob. We can't do anything about it," Suzy apologized.

Yoseob began to whimper. "Then who's going to make me food?" 

Suzy carefully thought about what Yoseob said. Then, she smiled brightly and raised her hand.

"I can make food for you!" Suzy excitedly offered. Yoseob frowned and looked down.

"But it won't be the same as IU's food…" Yoseob mumbled sadly. Suzy sighed. What am I supposed to do? IU can't go back home until her gets better, Suzy thought.


"Hi Umma." IU smiled as she pressed her cellphone next to her ear. It was so nice to hear her mother's voice after all the crazy days she had with Yoseob. 

"Ji Eun-ah, are you okay?" IU's mother asked worriedly. IU managed a weak laugh. Her head was still dizzy after the huge amount of loss of blood, but she was still strong.

"Neh, I'm perfectly fine Umma," IU assured.

"Are you sure? Do you want me to come back home? I can quit work just for you," IU's mother asked. IU pressed her lips into a thin line. That would be nice, Umma. Sure, I want you back home, IU wanted to say, but she knew that her mother's job was very important.  She shook her head slowly.

"Ani, Umma! You have work. Work is very important. Take your time there, arraso? I'll be fine alone," IU said. Suddenly, Yoseob popped her her head. Why am I even thinking about Yoseob right now? she wondered. She heard her mother heave a sigh.

"Arraso, arraso. Aish…I'm so sorry honey."

"About what?" 

"About always leaving you alone. We must be horrible parents," her mother said, feeling bad for IU. IU bit her lips, as Yoseob appeared in her head again.

"Aniyo, Umma! It's perfectly fine. I have someone else calling me right now Umma. Annyeong!" IU said, as she hung up. She sighed deeply. Yes, she lied to her mother about another phone call coming in. Why was I even thinking about Yoseob during the call? IU wondered, putting her hand over her eye. Her phone started ringing as she picked it up.

"Yobose…"

"IU! Are you okay? Did you lose your memory? Are you getting surgery? Did you get stitches? Is your head still bleeding?"

"Yoseob?" IU asked, widening her eyes. Her body reacted to the voice immediately. She sat straight up, pressing the phone right next to her ear. A smile unknowingly crept on her face. "Is that you?"

"Duh! Who else would this awesome voice belong to?" Yoseob asked. 

"Ya, ya! I never said you could call IU!" Suzy shouted in the background. "She must be awake by now."

"Hold on, I'll ask," Yoseob whispered to Suzy. "Hey, IU, are you awake?"

"Yes, Yoseob, I'm awake," IU said, laughing. Yoseob focused back on Suzy.

"She's awake!" Yoseob informed Suzy.

"I meant if she woke up because of you!" Suzy groaned. 

"Let me ask–"

"No, I was already awake, Suzy, don't worry," IU assured, giggling. Yoseob smiled. It was so nice to hear IU's voice. Even though he wouldn't be able to see her or speak to her directly, he liked to hear IU's voice. Suddenly, IU's phone beeped.

"Omo! I have another call coming in. Bye Yoseob! See you later, Suzy!" IU exclaimed, hanging up. She checked at the new caller. It was her dad. She pressed the green phone button and put her phone next to her ear. "Appa?"

"Ah, Ji Eun-ah! Have you been well?" her father asked. Obviously Appa didn't hear the news about me in the hospital, IU thought. She forced a smile. 

"Neh, I've been well," IU assured confidently. 

"Arraso. Have you been following the rules?" IU's father asked, frowning. IU bit her lower lips. I've broken half the rules by now, IU thought. She took a deep breath and grinned a little.

"N-Neh," IU said quietly.

"That doesn't seem to be a confident answer, Ji Eun," her father said strictly. Oh shoot! Did he find out the truth? IU wondered, widened her eyes.

"Appa–"

"Ha, ha, ha! I was kidding, darling. Stay well, arraso?" her father laughed, and then hung up before IU was able to reply. IU sighed and stared at her phone. He probably has work, IU thought, putting her phone on the table next to her. She sighed and lied down on her back. She suddenly began to wonder about Yoseob. I wonder if Seobbie is doing well…


"Well, thanks for the phone Suzy," Yoseob said, handing over Suzy's phone. Suzy sighed and snatched her phone away.

"Now take care of the house! I bet there are food or snacks in the fridge or somewhere. I'll come often if you get hungry. You have the paper that has my phone number and IU's number on it, right?" Suzy asked. Yoseob nodded and raised up the small piece of paper. Suzy nodded as she stepped out of the house.

"Well, I'm going to go. Annyeong!" Suzy said, waving. Yoseob waved back, and sighed. It's a nice day, I should head out to B2ST, Yoseob thought, closing the door behind him. He slowly made his way to the abandoned building, thinking about IU. I hope IU gets better soon. I'm bored already.

"Yang Yoseob." Yoseob turned around. He was only a couple of feet away from his destination. He glared at the person who called his name.

"What do you want, Wooyoung?" Yoseob snapped. Wooyoung chuckled as the rest of the 2PM members approached behind Wooyoung. Wooyoung cracked his knuckles calmly and glared back at Yoseob.

"Let's have a match. Just for fun," Wooyoung said. "I want to see if you really improved or not."

"Go away, Wooyoung. I'm already injured enough," Yoseob snapped. Wooyoung laughed.

"Oh, so you're one of those wannabe gangsters, huh? A true gangster would be able to fight their enemies no matter what condition that are in," Wooyoung boldly stated. Yoseob scowled at Wooyoung, thinking, What's he up to? Then, he threw his crutches to the side and hopped on one foot. He smirked and made a fist.

"You're on," Yoseob declared.