Negative Rumors

A Gangster Lives In My House!

This is so unfair, IU thought, watching her father from her window. Her father was caging up the window so that IU would not be able to go through the window. 

I can't even go through the window, Appa! We're in a two-story building! That's why we have stairs, IU thought, frowning as she stared at the door. Outside, the door was chained and locked, so she wouldn't able to get out of her room. 

"Umma, unlock the door! I won't go visit Yoseob! I promise!" IU begged. 

That was totally a lie.

"Sorry, dear, I can't hear you because of your father's hammering!" her mother shouted. IU groaned and stared at her father. Her father would not listen to her at all since he was furious with her. 

This is so unfair! IU cried, hugging her pillow as she took a seat on the corner of the bed. It's not fair that my parents could take my life away! 


"Did you hear?"

"About IU and the gangster?"

"Dude, I can't believe she lived with a gangster behind her parent's back."

Wooyoung walked along the hallways, hearing negative comments about IU and Yoseob. Now, he felt guilty for continuing with the plan. He could've stopped now and let IU get grounded and all, but then it was too late to stop. 

I wish I didn't call her parents, Wooyoung thought, as his face fell


"So this is the number?" Wooyoung asked, dialing a couple of buttons. Taecyeon nodded as Wooyoung held the phone closely besides his ear. The phone began ringing and ringing, as Wooyoung patiently waited for the phone to be picked up. Finally, after a couple of minutes, someone had picked up the phone. Wooyoung grinned.

"Hello, this is–"

"Hey! You've reached my voicemail box! If this is my little Ji Eun, take care of the house! If this is a whole stranger, get out of my life and don't dare to call me again," a deep voice said.

"What the heck?!" Wooyoung shouted, about the smash the phone. Before he was able to smash it up into little pieces, the owner of the phone had picked up.

"Hello! Sorry if I didn't pick up my phone earlier. May I know who this is?" 

Wooyoung cleared his throat. "Um, is this IU–I mean, Ji Eun's father?"

"Why, yes it is. Who am I speaking to?"

"I am a friend of IU, and I was recently beater up by a stranger. He's seemed to know Ji Eun, and I think he's after her. Check your e-mail. There's a video for proof," Wooyoung said, smirking. He quickly hung up before Ji Eun's father had anything else to say. Taecyeon stared at Wooyoung silently.

"So it is a success?" Taecyeon asked. Wooyoung shrugged.

"I dunno. Never got a reply. Now, let's chillax and wait. Want somethin'?"


"Stop saying those stuff about IU!" a female voice shouted angrily. Wooyoung looked up and found Suzy standing on top of a stack of books. She glared at everyone, making an angry fist. "IU had a reason for this situation! You all don't have the rights to say such bad things about IU!"

Silence filled the atmosphere. Then, one student from the crowd spoke up.

"You're just her friend! You're just defending her!" 

"I am not!" Suzy yelled. "IU isn't the type of girl who can backstab her parents or betray them. She's really kind and nice! Everyone should know how innocent she is!"

Suzy looked through the crowd, as if she was trying to find someone. Her eyes landed on Wooyoung, who looked a bit shocked. 

"Ya, Jang Wooyoung! Say something! You know how innocent and kind IU is! You know she wouldn't keep a gangster in her house a secret!" Suzy exclaimed desperately. Wooyoung kept quiet. He was too ashamed, as he lowered his head.

These rumors wouldn't even be here if I hadn't called IU's parents. Besides, if IU had heard that her parents were coming, she would've have time to set something up, Wooyoung thought, as guilt stabbed her heart. Oh, why, oh, why did it have to be me getting her in this mess?

"Wooyoung, you don't…you can't…Do you believe such a thing?" Suzy asked, her voice weak and lifeless. Before Wooyoung had a chance to answer, Taecyeon stepped up.

"I agree with Suzy," Taecyeon announced. Wooyoung looked up and stared at Taecyeon in shock.

What the…What's he doing over there?

Taecyeon stared down at Wooyoung and his lips. He had no clue why he was taking sides with Suzy. He looked at everyone, and then frowned.

"She doesn't deserve all this hate. Besides, it's our fault that she's in this mess," Taecyeon announced.

"What do you mean 'our' fault?" Suzy whispered. Taecyeon stopped for a second and widened his eyes. He was about to explain who 2PM were and that he was an actual gangster. He quickly walked away from Suzy, cursing himself for almost blowing the secret. Wooyoung, who noticed that Taecyeon was leaving, decided to follow him. 

"Dude, what happened?" Wooyoung asked once the two were alone. Taecyeon frustratedly punched the wall and growled.

"I hated seeing Suzy so upset. I…I just had to step up with her. I'm pretty sure that I'm in love with her now," Taecyeon confessed, scratching his hair. Wooyoung kept silent. After a few minutes, he decided to speak up.

"Should we just give up on the B2ST plan thing?" Wooyoung asked, leaning against the wall. Taecyeon heaved a sigh and huffed out some air.

"I wish. It's too late now. We'll have to go and ruin the B2sT gang's life. There's no turning back now," Taecyeon hopelessly said. Wooyoung nodded his head as he touched his lips.

So…I really have to kill you…right IU?