Fulfilling the Promise

A Gangster Lives In My House!

IU awoke when the nurse opened the curtains. The sunlight beamed all over the room while IU groaned and slowly sat up. She used her hands to cover the light, but the light was too strong. The nurse smiled sweetly at IU.

"Ma'am, how are you feeling?" the nurse asked. IU sighed. Suddenly, IU remembered about last night when Yoseob pecked her forehead. She blushed and looked down. 

"Um…I-I'm feeling fine," IU said quietly, reaching her forehead. The nurse smiled and nodded her head.

"That's good. Well, sorry to disturb your sleep, but you have visitors," the nurse informed. The door opened and there stood Suzy, Wooyoung, and Taecyeon. The three students grinned at IU, who smiled brightly. 

"Suzy! I can't believe you're here!" IU exclaimed. She peaked behind Suzy and noticed Wooyoung frowning. "Oh, Wooyoung and Taecyeon! Er, nice to see you here…" What are those two doing here? IU wondered, as Suzy pulled a chair next to her.

"How are you feeling? I didn't hear anything from you!" Suzy said, pouting. IU laughed.

"Maybe it's because you never called me and I couldn't call you," IU giggled. Suzy laughed along while Wooyoung and Taecyeon stood there, dumbfounded. Wooyoung quickly cleared his throat, was the two girls stopped laughing. IU smiled softly at Wooyoung.

"Neh, Wooyoung-ssi?" IU asked, tilting her head a bit. Her long, smooth hair fell to the side, which made Wooyoung's heart beat faster. 

"I, um, uh…" Wooyoung quickly pulled out a teddy bear and a bouquet of flowers. IU stared at the flowers in awe and stared at the white teddy bear. He shoved it in IU's hand and stepped behind Taecyeon. He was far too embarrassed to see IU's reaction. IU stared at the flowers and the teddybears. IU smiled lightly, remembering Yoseob's gifts. Suzy noticed that there was a single pink rose in the vase. 

"Hey, IU! Did anyone visit you yesterday or something?" Suzy asked, pointing at the flower. IU jumped a bit, and whipped her head to the rose. IU heaved a sigh. This day would've been completed if Yoseob was here, IU thought, slightly pouting. Glancing at the rose, now Wooyoung was curious who had visited her.

"Yeah, who gave you the rose?" Wooyoung asked, slightly frowning. He was a bit upset that he wasn't the first one to visit IU. IU pressed her lips into a thin line and glanced at the boys. I can't tell them about Yoseob, IU thought. She took a deep breath and shrugged.

"Oh, I don't know, it was just there when I came," IU lied. She felt a bit guilty for not giving credit to Yoseob. Wooyoung brightened up again. 

"Ooh, I see! Do you want me to throw it away? We can replace the bouquet in the face then," Wooyoung suggested, about to touch the rose.

"Stop!" IU shouted. Wooyoung froze before he was able to touch the flower. IU sighed in relief and looked up at Wooyoung. "Um…I think we should just leave it. You know, for the person who was here before. Besides, the rose looks nice in the room." 

Suzy shaped into an 'O.' She automatically realized who had visited her yesterday. Yang Yoseob, Suzy thought, glancing at the rose. She couldn't help but grin.

"Yeah, let's leave the flower alone. It does look nice," Suzy said, looking at Wooyoung. "Besides, IU can hold your flowers. It's better to just leave it in the vase, right?" 

Wooyoung wanted to protest, but he agreed. He backed up and stood next to Taecyeon. Taecyeon checked his watch and widened his eyes.

"Oh shoot! Guys, we have to go!" Taecyeon exclaimed, showing the watch to Wooyoung and Suzy. The two widened their eyes and stood up.

"You're right! IU, we'll visit you after school, arraso?" Suzy said. IU nodded her head and waved at the three with a smile. When the three left the room, IU sighed. She then remembered Yoseob's promise: You have to promise me that you'll get better by tomorrow!

Yang Yoseob, how am I supposed to keep that promise? IU thought, heaving a sigh and looking out the window. She stared at the teddy bear and the rose on the side table. I don't even break promises, yet here I am breaking one.

Wait…if I don't break promises, then I still shouldn't break Yoseob's promise. I still have time to meet him… IU slowly thought. She frantically began to press a button to her side. A nurse rushed into the room. IU cleared and sat straight up.

"Nurse, give me some clothes. I'm going home."


"You dumbo! You're as dumb as Hyunseung!" Doojoon shouted, smacking Yoseob's head.

"Hey! I'm not dumb! I'm much smarter than Junghyung!" Hyunseung protested, pointing at Junghyung.

"Dude, don't drag me into the mess. It was Kikwang who didn't speak a word of Yoseob leaving," Junghyung snapped, pointing at Kikwang. Kikwang simply ignored his gangs and used his knife to sharpen a dull pencil he had found in the living room. Yes, the gangs were in IU's house, wasting time.

"Cut, cut, cut, cut," Kikwang repeated, barely audible. Yoseob frowned.

"I'm not dumb, hyung! Besides, IU doesn't break promises!" Yoseob protested.

"And how do you even know?!" Doojoon asked, crossing his arms.

"Because if she didn't keep promises, she would've told the cops about me!" Yoseob exclaimed. The room became as silent as the night.

"He's right, hyung," Dongwoon agreed. "Yoseob would be behind the bars."

Doojoon hesitated for a moment, and then turned around. Psh. He's still as dumb as Hyunseung in my eyes, Doojoon thought. Yoseob stiffened. He just had a feeling that Doojoon was thinking negative things about him.

Suddenly, someone knocked on the door. The gangs looked up and panicked. Yoseob raised an eyebrow. What the…no one would be knocking at our door, Yoseob thought. The rest of the gangs hid behind the couch as Yoseob casually opened the door. A grin formed on his face as a familiar figure was welcomed inside. The B2ST gangs widened their eyes and stared at the familiar figure. She was simply dressed in jeans with a white t-shirt, as if she was discharged from the hospital. The figure looked up at Yoseob and smiled weakly.

"I'm back, Yoseob," IU said quietly. Yoseob grinned and pulled IU into a tight hug.

"IU! I TOLD YOU GUYS SHE'LL COME BACK!" Yoseob exclaimed, shouting at his gangs. His gangs stopped hiding and surrounded the two to greet IU. IU was quite surprised to see Yoseob's gangs in her house, but she kept calm. 

"IU, are you okay? Were you discharged?" Doojoon asked. He was the first to notice how weak IU was. 

"Yeah, you look pretty pale," Dongwoon added, nodding his head. IU laughed quietly.

"Mmhm, something is wrong with you," Junghyung agreed, frowning.

"The three of you, I'm fine," IU assured, looking at Hyunseung. Hyunseung raised an eyebrow.

"Um…I didn't even talk," Hyunseung said, scratching his head. IU suddenly began to feel dizzy. Impossible! The hospital isn't that far from here, is it? IU wondered. Then, she stared dow at the ground. It's possible that I'm feeling dizzy because I ran here, though…

"IU, did you hear me?" Kikwang said. IU looked up and flashed a dull smile.

"Of course I did!" IU exclaimed. Kikwang sighed. I didn't even say a thing, Kikwang thought. 

"IU…You okay?" Yoseob asked worriedly. His eyes were full of concern, while IU laughed it off. Suddenly, her legs collapsed. Yoseob widened his eyes in shock. "I-IU?"

"I-I-I'm fine," IU stuttered, trying to get up. Instead, she collapsed on her knees again. Yoseob scrunched his forehead. She's not okay! Yoseob thought, slightly frowning.

"IU…IU get up," Yoseob whispered. Doojoon noticed that the back of IU's head was bleeding. Obviously she wasn't discharged from the hospital, Doojoon thought, heaving a sigh.

"I…I am up," IU said, as her vision began to faint.

"No, you're on your knees–OH MY GOSH, IU! ARE YOU OKAY?!" Yoseob yelled as IU fell on the ground unconsciously. I'm strong! IU thought, pushing her arms up. I'm strong! I'm strong! I'm strong…

Before she was able to repeat her sentence, she out from the loss of blood.