Wait For Me

A Gangster Lives In My House!

"MWOH?!" Suzy screamed. IU ignored Suzy's screaming as she glanced at the B2ST members. IU was on her knees, pleading for the gangsters to help her become the best girl gangster there is. The gangsters laughed.

"What? Gangster? IU, you're funny," Doojoon smirked.

"Yeah, there are so many reasons why you can't be a gangster," Dongwoon added. 

IU pouted. "Why can't I?"

"Well, for one thing, you have to have a good reason to become a gangster," Hyunseung said.

"You didn't have a good reason to join our gang," Doojoon said. "You just came because you're parents didn't like your hair being dyed."

"Oh yeah? You ran away because your parents grounded you!" Hyunseung yelled. "What good of a reason is that?"

"You make no sense, Hyunseung," Junghyung said, heaving a sigh. "Doojoon didn't get grounded. It was me who got grounded. Doojoon was being abused by his grandfather."

Doojoon shivered from the cold memory. "Oh my gosh, my grandfather kept scolding me that I got a math problem wrong. Math is one subject that I'm never going to learn again in my life."

"Well, I do have a good reason," IU protested. "And that's for being with Yoseob!"

"That's silly," Hyunseung mocked. The gangsters agreed.

"Two," Doojoon continued. "Do you know any gangster slangs?"

"No," IU admitted. "But I can learn."

"No one is going to teach you–"

"Yoseob or Kikwang is!" IU interrupted.

"But think about it: Yoseob is going to be too busy resting and sleeping until his ribs heal, and Kikwang is going to be one heck of a scary teacher. Don't you want Yoseob to rest and avoid scary Kikwang?" Doojoon questioned. IU pouted. She couldn't protest what Doojoon was saying. It was all too true.

"And three," Junghyung continued. "You're a girl."

IU stared at him, horrified. "What's wrong with being a girl?"

"Actually, nothing is wrong with being a girl gangster," Kikwang muttered.

"Kikwang, you're awake!" Hyunseung cheered.

"Yes, and thanks to you, I have tissues in my nose," Kikwang snapped. Hyunseung chucked as Kikwang blew his nose with a tissue. "Anyways, IU, it's just that you don't have the quality of being a gangster."

"B-But–"

"Yeah, what he said," everyone agreed. 

"I wish I didn't need to say this, but it's the fact, IU," Suzy said, nodding her head. IU pouted as she slowly got up on her foot. She glanced at Yoseob, and then heaved a sigh.

"Fine," IU finally said. "I give up. I won't be a gangster."

Everyone smiled satisfyingly. IU climbed back on her bed and covered her face with a blanket.

"Do you think she's upset?" Hyunseung whispered.

"No, she's so happy, she wants to hide herself under the blanket," Doojoon said sarcastically.

"Oh, okay! That's fantastic! Alright, I'll do that too–OW!" Hyunseung exclaimed, feeling a hard and sharp impact against the back of his head.

"No you idiot! She's crying!" Junghyung snapped. 

"But Doojoon hyung said–"

"It's something called sarcasm, dumbo," Kikwang said. "Learn to use it someday."


That night, when everyone fell asleep, IU slowly crept out of her bed. Her eyes were quite red and puffy, but she wasn't crying anymore. She went to sit besides Yoseob quietly without waking anyone up. She ran her hair through Yoseob's sleeping face.

"Somehow, I'll try to end up with you," IU whispered. "When I get my own house, I'll promise that you'll be the only one living with me. Just please wait for me…"

IU gently leaned towards Yoseob's face as her lips landed on Yoseob's lips. 

I promise…