The New Students

A Gangster Lives In My House!

"Suzy!!!" IU cried, trying to get through the busy crowd of students. Suzy looked up, hearing someone calling her name. Is that IU? Suzy wondered, looking up, even trying to tippy-toe. IU popped right in front of Suzy, panting hard.

"IU! Did you call me?" Suzy asked. IU nodded frantically, as she tightly grabbed Suzy's hand.

"Suzy!" IU exclaimed, "What do you do when a stranger is lying on your couch and you made a promise you won't tell anyone about the stranger's presence?" Suzy raised an eyebrow.

"Um… didn't you just tell me that the stranger is staying at your house?" Suzy pointed out. IU shook her head.

"If you were in that situation!" IU exclaimed.

"I'd break the promise, call the police, and arrest him or her," Suzy said simply.

"But I don't break promises!" IU shrieked, "What am I going to do?!" Suzy stared at her best friend weirdly. It's either that I'm dreaming or IU had definitely gone crazy, Suzy thought, staring at IU strangely.

"Mind if I know the situation?" Suzy asked. IU shook her head quickly, waving her hand all over the place.

"Andwe!" she said in a hush voice, "It's a promise that I would never tell anyone!" Suzy sighed.

"IU-ah, how am I supposed to help you then?" Suzy groaned, clearly irritated by IU's strange behavior. IU slapped her forehead, grumbling about something. Stupid Yoseob, IU thought, remembering the gangster's name, Why does he have to make my life harder now?! It was perfectly okay, but now he just had to barge in into my house!!!

"I don't know, I don't know! I have too many things on my mind!!" IU complained, whining. Suzy sighed.

"Well, moving on, did you hear? There is going to be two new students? I can't wait to see the two girls!" Suzy exclaimed.

"How do you know if it's going to be a girl?" IU asked curiously.

"I don't! I wish it was a girl, though. This school needs more girl power! The boys here flirt with the other weak girls too much. It's, like, so annoying!" Suzy complained, rolling her eyes. IU couldn't help but giggle.

"At least you're not being flirted with," IU pointed out. Suzy smirked and flipped her hair.

"That's because I have a cold-hearted heart that no one could break through!" Suzy laughed. IU stared at Suzy weirdly. A cold-heared hear that no one could break through? You never know what the future holds for you, Suzy unnie, IU thought with a light giggle. The bell suddenly rang loudly, as the students scurried off to class. IU and Suzy gasped as they quickly grabbed their stuff for homeroom and ran into their class. Students already sat down at their seats, gossiping and whispering about the two knew students that were entering the school.

"Now I really can't wait about who these new two students are! Kya!!! They just have to be girls! I know it!" Suzy whispered ecstatically, as IU just grinned. She was looking forward to the new students, too. The thought about Yoseob faded away from IU's worried, as she thought about the new students. I'm just too excited to see who the new students are! IU thought with an excited giggle. The teacher entered the class, followed by two good-looking boys.

Girls squealed in delight, except for Suzy and IU. True, these two boys were pretty cute, but then Suzy was highly disappointed. IU acted along with Suzy, even though she was happy to see the new students. The teacher cleared his throat.

"Now, I'm sure you all heard about the two new students that were going to attend here, yes?" the teacher said after the class had lowered their voices. 

"Yes!" the class chanted, including Suzy and IU. The teacher smiled, as he gestured the boys to introduce themselves. The two boys glanced at each other, telling each other by the look of their eyes to go first. Finally, a tall, muscular boy sighed and stepped up. He smiled at the class gently. The girls squealed even louder, as the boys rolled their eyes in annoyance.

"Yo dawg–" the muscular boy stopped as the second new student nudged his elbow against the muscular boy's arm, "I mean, annyeonghaseyo! Ok Taecyeon imnida! Please take care of me!" Girls squealed even louder, as boys stared at the Taecyeon enviously. Taecyeon smiled brightly, as the second student stepped up. He was short, but his face looked more kinder and gentler than Taecyeon's.

"Annyeonghaseyo!" the short boy said sweetly, "Jang Wooyoung imnida! I look forward to know you all!" Girls shouted and screamed like fangirls, as the boys glared at Taecyeon and Wooyoung. Taecyeon and Wooyoung gulped. Nevertheless, they kept their eyes at the teacher, who settled the class down.

"Okay… I guess you guys will have to somehow sit in separate seats," the teacher sighed. There was an empty chair next to IU, and another empty chair next to Suzy. The two were sitting close with each other, and they had their mouths opened wide in disbelief.

"Jang Wooyoung, you can sit next to Ji Eun. Ji Eun, raise your hand! Okay, good. Now, Ok Taecyeon, you may sit next to Suzy. Suzy, you raise your hand, too!… Higher, Suzy, Taecyeon won't be able to see your hand… There we go! Okay, you two may go to your seats and sit down," the teacher said with a friendly smile. Wooyoung and Taecyeon smiled sweetly as they sat down at their assigned seats. IU stared at Wooyoung for a moment, as Wooyoung stared at the front. Sensing that IU was staring at him, Wooyoung turned to IU and slightly winked at her. IU blushed frantically, looking down at her blank notes. Wooyoung chuckled. This will be fun, Wooyoung thought.