To Be A Gangster

A Gangster Lives In My House!

IU groaned in pain. She felt as if something hard was banging on her head, as she struggled to sit up. Her visions began to fade as she immediately plumped back down on the hospital bed. She recognized the familiar, blank ceiling and her unusual dress. Her memories just rushed right inside her brain, as IU's eyes widened her eyes. The last thing she remembered was being knocked out by Hyunseung, who had slammed a metal bar against her head hard like how Changsung did. Then, she remembered how badly Yoseob was beaten up before she had collapsed.

"YOSEOB!" IU screamed, sitting straight up. Suzy, who was lying on the bed next to IU, stared at IU in shock. IU continued to pant as she looked around. Yoseob was soundly sleepily next to her. IU heaved a sigh and looked around. All the B2ST gangsters were in hospital, either sleeping or throwing papers at each other. IU turned to Suzy. "What's happening?"

"We're really glad you woke up!" Suzy said, sighing in relief. IU scrunched her eyebrows in confusion.

"What do you mean?" IU asked.

"IU, you have been sleeping for a week! I've been sleeping for three days. The 2PM gangsters went to jail and the B2ST gangsters were already beaten up by 2PM," Suzy explained. 

"No! 2PM cheated! They were more skilled then us!" Doojoon complained.

"Yeah! They're more like ninjas, not gangsters!" Hyunseung agreed. "And I want to be a ninja, too!"

"How about Yoseob? Is he still in coma?" IU asked, her lips trembling in fear. Suzy smiled faintly.

"No, but he is tired. It would've been nice if Hyunseung was in coma, though. For the past few days, he has been rolling up little pieces of tissue papers and stuck it into Doojoon's nose. It was disgusting," Suzy said, sticking her tongue out. IU couldn't help but laugh as Doojoon narrowed his eyes at Hyunseung. 

"When I woke up, I saw Hyunseung sticking tissues in my nose. I had to strangle him until he passed out," Doojoon grumbled. IU smiled a bit as she turned to Suzy.

"Wait, so does that mean Yoseob is going to jail, too?" IU asked. 

"No, they were found innocent," Suzy said, laughing. IU heaved a relieving sigh. "But they do want the boys to go back home."

"But the thing is, two of us don't have a home," Junghyung said.

"Who?" IU blurted. Junghyung glanced at Kikwang and Yoseob.

"Kikwang witnessed his parents being murdered by this kid who hated Kikwang. Yoseob ran away from the orphanage before and met Kikwang," Dongwoon explained. IU bit her bottom lips as she stared sympathetically at Yoseob.

"Wait, but if you guys separate, then there isn't a B2ST gang anymore, right?" Suzy questioned. The boys glumly nodded. IU her lips, staring at Yoseob, who was taking a nap.

If B2ST separates, then Yoseob will be lonely. What would he do? Suddenly, an idea popped into her head. Her eyes widened as she got out of bed.

"W-Where are you going, IU?" Suzy asked. "You're not fully recovered!"

"I'll be right back! I promise!" IU promised, as she ran out of the hospital. Right when she opened the door, she saw her parents talking with the nurse. Her parents looked at IU. 

"Umma…Appa…" IU whispered.

"Ji Eun-ah! Omo, omo! I'm so glad you're awake!" IU's mother exclaimed, hugging IU tightly in her arms. IU gasped some air as her father came to give IU another big squeeze.

"I'm so glad that our family is blessed like this! I thought you'd be in coma for hundreds of years!" IU's father cried.

"U-Umma…A-Appa…I need to breathe," IU mumbled. Her parents immediately released IU and smiled at her, tearing up.

"Let me get the nurse to ask if they can discharge you from the hospital," IU's father said. 

"Wait!" IU shouted.

Her father stopped turning around. "What?"

IU wiped her sweaty palms against her clothing. She her nervous lips, making sure that her thoughts was what she wanted. 

Do I really want this? IU wondered. Do I really want to…do such a reckless thing?

Before IU had second thoughts, she blurted, "Umma, Appa! Please give me your blessing!"

Her parents stared at her, dumbfounded. "Mwoh?"

"Please give me your blessing…I want to be a gangster, working besides Yoseob!"