Art of Letting Go

Traces of Love (Baby Don't Cry)

Kai's POV :)

I saw Kyungsoo oppa's car, and I decided not to wait for them anymore. I no longer want to create any connections that will make it hard for me to leave. That we had, is the Trace of Love that will linger in our hearts.
 
"Kai Lee!" I hear them say. But I decided not to look at them, because it will be painful.
 
I am an idiot for letting our love go. I used my heart at first, and this time I will no longer use it.
 
Most love stories don't have a happy ending. And that includes this story. Goodbye, Kim Jongin. Before I let you go, let me say I love you for the last time. You will always be a part of me.
 
Jongin's POV :)
 
"Kai Lee!!!!" I gasped, until we reached the entrance. She already entered the airport, and I can no longer see her.
 
"We're late.." Kyungsoo hyung sighed. "It's my fault.."
 
"Hyung, will she still come back?" I started to cry.
 
"After five years. But that would be impossible since she decided to migrate already."
 
I was depressed. After the passion we had, I had to spend the remaining years of my life waiting for something that doesn't have an assurance at all.
 
Why did you have to leave me, Kai Lee? Why gave me a night of passion when you're planning to leave? I wanted you to stay..
 
But you never felt the same way.
 
"Hyung, let's go." I was sobbing in the airport, and most people were watching me. I don't care anymore on what they think.
 
I thought I can still find a way, but no. Partly it was my fault, because I still insisted on being with her knowing that she already refused.
 
That's how much I love her.
 
When I went back to my house, it was lonely and empty unlike yesterday. And I saw a letter, in a pink scented envelope.
 
"Dear Jongin oppa,
 
We met two months ago, yet so many things happened. I was about to commit suicide, but then you saved my life. I remember when you took me home, and comforted me through my depression. I wanted to die, but you lessen the pain that life had given me.
 
We became friends, and we both had a fight that made me realize how important you are to me. I thought guys only wanted , but you proved me wrong. Because of you, mom and I are open to each other now, and became close. Thanks.
 
We became a couple and I gave you my all. It was awesome. But unfortunately, you broke up with me. I suffered a lot when you did, and it drove me insane, finding out the reason behind it. I wondered why. But when Kyungsoo oppa told me the reason, I was happy. You sacrificed for me.
 
But then we both wanted each other back. The problem is, I decided to leave this country. You were willing to wait for me, oppa. Sadly, I won't allow that to happen. I have to find myself, and I won't prevent you from opening yourself up to someone else. Apparently, we are a couple. But time will come that this long distance relationship will end. Because we are busy longing for each other, and that we don't realize that there are people who are there beside us.
 
I won't let you suffer, Jongin oppa. You might get over me soon, but unfortunately, I may not be over you. I have no intention of loving someone else.
 
Oppa, if ever you still feel the same way, every year I'm going to send a letter through snail mail and ask anyone of my friends to bury those letters for you to read. For five years, you are going to read those with Kyungsoo oppa, your best friend, who I asked to look over for you. I will know if you came and read the messages. And my last wish, after five years, will you still see me at the Sakura Tree when I pretended to let go of you? That will be my basis, if you still have feelings for me. If you were there, that I consider a sign that you're still in love with me. If not, it's understood.
 
I love you oppa, always will.
 
XOXO,
Kai Lee"
 
I dropped a single tear in her letter that time. This time, it was her who sacrificed for me.
 
Though we have technology right now, she wanted us to communicate in the old fashioned way. Screw that. I will still consider her as my girlfriend. I know to myself that we never broke up after making love to each other.
 
Though it hurts, I'd do anything. I would go through all this pain just to be with you, Kai Lee.