A Sacrifice

Traces of Love (Baby Don't Cry)
Jongin's POV :)
 
"Kyungsoo hyung, mianhae if I dragged you into this." Kyungsoo aka D.O hyung is my best friend. He's a college senior already taking up HRM. He always wanted to be a great cook and he wants to be a chef someday. But due to his thesis, this is the only time I asked for his help. I don't want to give him another problem to deal with. Then Kai Lee came. When Kyungsoo hyung began his thesis with Suho hyung, I became alone most of the time. I'm jealous. I wish I could do thesis with him too.
 
Now why did Kai Lee thought that Kyungsoo hyung is a girl? Actually, I asked him to wear girl's clothes. I can't ask a real girl to pretend we're a couple. The tension between the girls who like me will turn into war. So yeah, no. At least with Kyungsoo hyung, there's no malice.
 
"Gwenchanayo, Kai. But I've got to tell you this. She's one heck of a girl with a strong kick." Kyungsoo hyung laughed and I did the same. It was a new side of Kai that I saw. 
 
"Behind that shy girl is a strong personality. She's like a magnet. She repels enemies but when she likes someone, she makes them closer to her." Even if I did that thing to her, I still find myself smiling.
 
"Now I know why you're so into her, Kai." Kyungsoo hyung said, still laughing. "But why did you plan to troll her?"
 
"Hyung, her grades are getting lower ever since we've started dating. I don't want her scholarship to be taken away from her. Most of all, I don't want to be the cause of her debarment in this university."
 
"But Kai, there are other ways." Kyungsoo hyung has a point.
 
"Yes, hyung. But as long as I'm with her, this will continue." I only wanted the best for her, that's all.
 
"Now everything's over between the two of you, you must face all the consequences. Right now, it will be hard for her to forgive you, but maybe someday."
 
"Yes. Sorry if I had to kiss you, hyung. I wanted it to look real. And not to mention, you look pretty as a girl." I laughed.
 
"S-shut up. Hahaha. This is my first and last time doing this, arraseo? I'm not a girl. If Kai Lee finds out, she'll kill me. You have no idea how afraid I was when she called on me. Girls are really precious, but ferocious when mad."
 
"I know. I'll remember that next time keke~"
 
Maybe someday. Yes, this is the ultimate challenge for the both of us. They say if you love someone, set them free. If they come back, they're yours. But if not, maybe someone else will fill the gap that he or she made, and will be that one person who is fated to love you.
 
Kai's POV :)
 
"If you love someone, set them free. If they come back, they're yours. But if not, someone else will come into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with someone else."
 
THIS IS BULL. I mean, come on! Who would ing let their loved ones go? Well, Kim Jongin did. Stupid author. That's not it. If you love someone, HOLD ON AND NEVER LET GO.
 
this . I wanted to show a strong side of me to hide my vulnerability, but I don't know where to start.
 
Just by staring at the wall, lying in my bed, I just remembered I have an SLE to attend tomorrow. Student Learning Experience for Behavioral Science students like me is necessary because we are going to be facilitators someday.
 
I can't believe I'm actually studying for my other subjects just for me to stop thinking about him. Well, I have to. For the sake of my scholarship.
 
So help me God.
 
Jongin's POV :)
 
I went to the office to ask them to be reassigned to another office. I can't work with Kai at a situation like this. It's too awkward. How will she focus on her studies if I was there?
 
Don't you think she's the only one hurting? HECK NO. I am hurting too, because I can't stand seeing her cry yet I was the one who hurted her in the first place. Breaking up, was never a part of my plan. But she sacrificed her studies just for me and for her studies I will sacrifice as well.
 
"Why do you want me to reassign you, Kai?" My professor in Algebra, who is also Kai's professor asked.
 
"Due to personal reasons, sir." I can't just blurt out that Kai and I broke up. The news will be circulated from one person to another.
 
"Let me guess. Is it because of your break up? It's all over the school, Kai. What exactly is the reason?" Damn it. I'm doomed.
 
I became quiet that time. I don't know what to say.
 
"Kim Jongin, you can tell me everything. Just so you know, I'm a Behavioral Science graduate so I deal with people."
 
"Jinjja? I didn't know that sir." I was amazed. So when Kai graduates, she would be like that of our professor.
 
"You guys should sometimes take time to read the faculty roster. But I love Math so I decided to become a Math teacher too." He continued, "So, why did you two broke up?"
 
"I overheard you talking, sir. So I think the best decision is to let her go and wait for her to graduate. Love takes time, right?" It was the only thing I can say. I was lost in thought.
 
"What a wise answer, I must say. Yes, and if you really love her, you will do whatever it takes to wait patiently. But there are consequences too. First, Kai Lee might not accept you in her life again or you won't go back to the way you used to be.."
 
"It's fine, as long as I am happy. At first, I don't want to lose her. But as time goes by, I have to think of others too."
 
"Yes, it's better that way than for her to be unhappy with you. Second, what if she no longer loves you? And third, what if she goes away, for a very long time? There are many risks, yet you took a path that is not taken often. Kai, you're one wise guy."
 
"I can't do something about it. If she leaves, I will still be there, waiting for her. I love her, and this is the price I have to pay." I can't believed I actually opened myself up to my Algebra professor.
 
"Arraseo. You will now work at the library for your scholarship. Time will come when you two will end up with each other."
 
"Sir, can I ask you a favor?"
 
"That depends on what it is." He answered.
 
"Please don't remove her scholarship. Remove mine instead if there is no improvement in her grades."
 
"Arraseo. You really love Kai Lee, nae Kim Jongin?"
 
"Of course, sir. I love her to the point that I'm willing to sacrifice what I have."
 
"I won't remove your scholarship, Kim Jongin. It will be unfair. You two will hopefully graduate in this university."
 
I started working after that. I need a distraction.