Connection

Traces of Love (Baby Don't Cry)
Kai's POV :)
 
I woke up, and I was covered in jacket. Damn it, it's already 8pm. I slept for two hours! I'm such a sleepy head.
 
But goodness.. Everything was done! All the invitations were already in the envelopes. Whoever did it is a life saver.
 
"You're awake, Kai." It was Kim Jongin, and he offered me a cup of coffee. It's cappuccino. My favorite.
 
"Why are you here? Did you do the rest?"
 
"Didn't Luhan and Baekhyun told you that we're gonna work together for this?" He told me, as he sipped his coffee. "I did the rest, while you were still asleep."
 
"M-mianhae.. I'm useless.."
 
"Don't even call yourself that way." He said. "It's natural to sleep."
 
"Was I sleeptalking?" I have a habit of sleep talking sometimes.
 
"Ani." He sipped his coffee once again.
 
"Ah, for the moment I thought someone kissed me.." It was funny. It was almost real.
 
"Were you expecting me to kiss you?" Kim Jongin smirked and moved closer.
 
" you." I kicked him once again, which made his coffee spill.
 
"OUCH! It burns! Ahh!" 
 
Uh-oh. I grabbed a tissue to wipe the mess. All of the sudden, he touched my face to kiss me.
 
I was electrified with the kiss he had given me. It's as if I wanted to kiss him once again
 
The funny thing is, he initiated the kiss.
 
"I still want you back." He softly said, as he touched my lips.
 
"I.. I have to get going now.." I ran and left the room quickly.
 
As I was running, I bumped into a guy, who has white complexion and huge eyes.
 
"I'm sorry!" I bowed. Kai Lee, you're so stupid!
 
Jongin's POV :)
 
"Kyungsoo hyung?" I said, as I was chasing Kai Lee.
 
"Kai, why are you with her?!" He was shocked.
 
"We were doing something for the school festival. What about you?"
 
"I was waiting for you, Kai." Kyungsoo hyung told me.
 
"Shall we get going?" I told him.
 
"What about Kai Lee? It's dangerous for her to go alone." I can't believe hyung is concerned about my ex-girlfriend.
 
"Gwenchanayo.. I'll be leaving now. Kyungsoo oppa, it was nice meeting you." She smiled, I held her arms.
 
"He will take you home. Right, hyung? After all, you live next to each other."
 
"What about you?" Kai asked me. "It will be awkward since we just met."
 
"Don't worry about me. I can always ride a bus." I smiled and assured them.
 
"I'm not really worried but he's your friend. So, just go with us." I can't say no to Kai Lee.
 
So me, Kai, and Kyungsoo hyung were inside his car.
 
Kai's POV :)
 
I can't believe I ended up with these two. Good thing mom is aware that I'll be home soon. Jongin oppa was the first one to get home, and I acted as if nothing happened. I was quiet the whole time. I can't even relate to their conversation.
 
When Jongin left, it was very awkward because I was left with his best friend.
 
"Mind if you sit beside me, Kai Lee?" Kyungsoo oppa told me. His tone was a bit serious and I got afraid. "Don't be shy. I'm always like this." He then smiled a little, which made me feel at ease.
 
"Mianhae.. It's just unexpected. You're the best friend of my ex-boyfriend, yet you're doing this to me. I'd understand if you would get mad right now." I was direct to the point.
 
"No, I'm not that kind of person. But I'm curious as why didn't you accept him to be your boyfriend once again?" He was still driving and I can't escape his interrogations.
 
"You might be thinking that I'm such an idiot for not doing so. But oppa, I saw him kissing another girl, right before my very eyes. Isn't that convincing enough? Yes, people deserve chances, but I'm scared he might do it again.. I still don't know who that girl is.. But I'm tired of searching for answers. And now I'm more confused.. Because he kissed me."
 
Kyungsoo oppa gulped all of the sudden, and he patted my back to comfort me.
 
"Do you still love Kai, Kai Lee?" He asked.
 
"Of course. I still do. I never stopped loving him. He broke up with me, without a reason. Even if there was, I'm also tired of asking and searching." A tear fell into my eye, and he saw it. "I'm sorry for being dramatic."
 
"Mianhae, Kai. Partly it's my fault." He told me.
 
"Come again?" Why is he blaming himself?
 
"What I meant was, even if I know the reason, I think I'm not the right person to tell you these things."
 
"I understand.. Are you also mad at me, Kyungsoo oppa?" I looked into his eyes.
 
"Why would I?"
 
"Because he did a lot of effort, yet I declined. I don't think it's the right time for us to be together. I love him, but a part of me.. Is still damaged."
 
"At first, I was wondering why the heck he would do something huge for a girl like you. But when he talks about you, I knew the reason. The one that you always love, would always be an exception. Kim Jongin is growing up.. I'm so happy."
 
"Kyungsoo oppa, you really love your baby brother. I can see that." I smiled.
 
"Nae. Kai Lee, do you want me to help you out in getting back with him?" I didn't see that coming.