Leaving

Traces of Love (Baby Don't Cry)
Kai's POV :)
 
I sat near the Sakura Tree when he left. I was alone once again, and the pain lingers.
 
"KAI!!" Sehun and Luhan oppa called me. They saw me speechless with a blank face.
 
"What did he do to you?!" Chanyeol oppa asked me.
 
"He finally lets go of me." I faked a smile. "I'm sorry for all the burden that I've caused." I bowed 90 degrees to show my sincerity.
 
"Did he do something bad to you?!" Chen demanded. I don't know how to tell the story.
 
"Aniyo.. I'm fine."
 
All of them hugged me. It was clear that these guys care for me.
 
But Jongin oppa doesn't.
 
Jongin's POV :)
 
Kai begged me to let her go and stop ruining her life. If that's what she wants, though it hurts, I must respect her decision.
 
I guess she's happier now than she was with me. Another day goes by, and yet she's on my mind. I even wrote a simple poem for her, because so many things were left unsaid. Now that she's gone, I can no longer think straight.
 
"How many times do I have to die for you?
Should I find someone new?
Misty morning, drizzle and dew..
Where can I find the rainbow's hue?"
 
Finding someone is not even easy if I wanted every girl I meet to be just like her. She could be the one.
 
"I love you, yet you don't have a clue..
Eottokke, what should I do?
How can I find someone better?
If it's ievitable to not to be bitter."
 
Despite of what I did, it's for the sake of her career. If she wasn't that important, I wouldn't make a sacrifice and let her be.
 
"Should I just give up my happiness?
Why should I, I'm already filled with sadness.
Who am I, you don't say..
I guess it's the price I have to pay."
 
Speaking of sacrifices, this is what I get. Karma is doing its own thing.
 
Kai's POV :)
 
I was quiet the whole time, remembering what happened at the Sakura Tree. I thought I moved on, but I went back to start.
 
I went home early, seeing mom filled with paperworks and things related to her job. She was a bit stressed and hesitant when I came in.
 
"Kai, you're home."
 
"Yes mom. May I ask what are these for?" I looked at some papers, and she took it from me to arrange it.
 
"Kai, I will be honest with you. My friend is offering me a job as an HR manager. But here's the problem.." She was nervous, I can tell.
 
"Go on, mom. I'm listening. I need someone to talk to as well." I was already biting my lips to prevent my tears from falling.
 
"Why, Kai? What happened?" Ever since I was taken to the hospital, mom would ask me how I am. Right now, I want to smash everything and cry at the same time.
 
"We're through mom." I tried not to sound affected, but it was no use.
 
"Eh? Why all of the sudden? You were only a few weeks as a couple and you broke up?"
 
Remembering how we met, how we became a couple, broke my heart. Maybe he used me. Maybe he doesn't love me at all.
 
Mom hugged me tightly, upon hearing that. I started to cry.
 
"Mom, this is so unfair. I gave my all, but in the end I got broken."
 
"Kai, in love, it's inevitable not to be brokenhearted. Love without pain is impossible."
 
"Mom, I want to know the reason why he broke up with me. He, telling me I was clingy, I was not convinced with what he told me."
 
"Don't ask anymore, Kai. It's his loss. Don't let your self esteem turn down because of him."
 
"Nae. My guy friends helped me to improve my looks. I can't let them down. But mom, we met a while ago."
 
"What did he told you?"
 
"He said he wants me back." It was confusing why he would do so. Does he regret what he did? I hope so.
 
"And your response is?"
 
"No. I wouldn't let him hurt me once again. Then he lets me go. Though I still love him, I can't afford to suffer once again."
 
"You've made a right decision, Kai. I'm so proud of you. You used your mind though your heart contradicts what it says. But someday, your heart will accept your mind's decision because it's correct."
 
"Thanks mom. I feel better." I smiled, because mom knew and understood what I'm going through.
 
"Gain help from your guy friends. After all, it's less drama when you're with them." She laughed.
 
"Nae! They sure are hilarious. By the way mom, what are those papers for?"
 
Her mood changed once again. Is this something serious?
 
"Kai, remember when I am offered a job by my friend? I am no longer happy with my work actually. I wanted to accept the offer."
 
"Mom, if you're not happy anymore, why continue?" This also applies to me. I'm no longer happy with Jongin. Though it hearts, I'll accept the fact that we were never meant to be.
 
"But the thing is, it's located in the Philippines, in Manila." Philippines? It's three hours away from Seoul.
 
But then again, I want mom to be happy. I can't stand seeing her sad and demotivated at work.
 
"Kai, if ever I accept that offer, you will study there. I know a university offering the same course as what you are taking right now. Or if you want to stay here in Seoul.."
 
"No mom. I want to be with you. Let's start a new life in Manila. All the bad memories, will turn into good ones."
 
"Are you sure about this, Kai? Maybe you're just depressed that's why you're saying that. But that's only for five years. By then you're 22."
 
"Yes. If ever, when will be leaving?"
 
"In two months. Let me ask you again, are you sure about this, Kai?"
 
"I've never been so sure in my life."
 
"What about your friends?"
 
That time I thought about Chanyeol oppa and the rest. Even we're only friends for a few weeks, they made me realize I'm not alone.
 
"Uhm.. I'll think about it. Mianhae."