A Mother's Love

Traces of Love (Baby Don't Cry)
Jongin's POV :)
 
Kai Lee fainted, and I brought her to the hospital. I used her cellphone to call her mom, and was worried. To then, we found out that she wasn't eating at all, and that she undergone depression for a long time.
 
"I didn't know my daughter's suffering, and it's all because of me." Her mom started to get sentimental. "Even at school, she's often bullied, and I scold her all the time. I am not aware of everything."
 
"You should have known it earlier, Mrs. Lee. Please understand her."
 
"How can I understand, when she's not telling me anything?"
 
"Kai has been independent, and it's hard for her to depend on anyone. That's why she can't easily open up to someone else. She cries most of the time, but none of us knew."
 
"How were you able to persuade her if it's rare for her to open herself up?"
 
"I asked her how she was, everything that people around her didn't do. She was very lonely, and has low self esteem."
 
"How did you met Kai? And who are you?"
 
"I'm Kim Jongin aka Kai. We met, when she almost committed suicide."
 
Her mom started to break down, upon hearing that.
 
"You're Kai too? And.. You saved her life.." Mrs. Lee hugged me. It's the least I can do.
 
"That time when I saved her, that's when I found out that we need each other."
 
"Are you in love with my daughter?" I remembered my frustration and when I'm about to answer..
 
"The patient has woke up already." said the nurse who helped Kai's doctor out.
 
Kai's POV :)
 
It was filled with light, and everything was white. Am I in a mental hospital? Where am I?
 
"M-mom?" She was standing next to me, with a pitiful look. "What happened? Where's Jongin?"
 
She started to burst in tears and hit my head with her hand. "YOU PABO!" I know she's going to be mad. That's how she is.
 
"I know, I'm always stupid in your eyes. When did you even complimented me, mom?" I didn't realize that I was already arguing with her. "What? You're going to scold me again? I'm ready." Hatred and frustration lingered. I guess my emotions were all bottled up in a container and it was already full.
 
She hugged me so tight, which I waited for her to do. She never did that to me, even once.
 
"Kai, I'm so sorry. I don't even deserve your forgiveness after what I did. I have no idea how painful your life is, and I scold you all the time."
 
"How did you know?"
 
"Your friend told me, Kai. I'm so sorry." She hugged me once again, and it was so warm.
 
"I've been waiting for you to do this to me, mom. I feel so loved."
 
"I will do it every single day of my life. But please, remember that I am always here for you. If you feel alone, I'm still here. You're not alone, Kai."
 
"C-can you please hug me once again?" I was like a kid, wanting a barbie doll or something.
 
"Whenever you want, Kai. From now on, I won't scold you without a valid reason. Thanks to your friend Jongin, I understood." She smiled at me, which she also doesn't like to do before.
 
"This is really weird, knowing that there is someone, who's willing to be with me.." I sniffed, because all I ever wanted was to be loved.
 
"Don't consider it weird, Kai. I mean, I'm your mom." she continued, "Jongin sure is handsome, isn't he? But I'm jealous because he knows you better than me."
 
"We still have a lot of time to talk." I began to smile and assure her of that.
 
My family side is fine. I wonder if I could say the same thing to Jongin.