Backfire

Traces of Love (Baby Don't Cry)
"I want.. ice cream."
 
"Ya, stop that puppy dog eyes you look so cute I want to slap you, Kai. Arasseo, I'll treat you."
 
I still can't move on from Kai Lee. It was hard for me to let go. I was just pretending, though my heart yearns for her presence.
 
I need ice cream. T.T
 
Kai's POV :)
 
After school, us five went to Sehun's favorite bubble tea shop. It was a cute store which also sells ice creams, cakes and other desserts. He's such a cutie, and he even brought his friend along.
 
"Luhan hyungggggg~ I miss you!" Sehun was like a child, hugging his so-called brother. Not to mention, they resemble a bit.
 
"Sehunniee~ I miss you too!" Then he looked at us and smiled. "Hi, I'm Luhan. Sehun's friend since childhood. I'm a college senior."
 
With his blonde hair and baby face, is he really a senior? I thought he was also a junior just like us.
 
"Hyungg~ Here's Chanyeol hyung, who is a tall derp guy, Xiumin hyung our cute bao zi, Chen hyung, our ultimate troll friend and our princess, Kai Lee."
 
"Kai Lee. You seem to be familiar. I'm also a communication arts student so..." AIGOO DON'T EVEN MENTION THAT NAME.
 
"Ah, is that so? Wow. So you're from our building as well. Nice to meet you, Luhan... oppa?" I bowed.
 
"No need to be formal, Kai Lee. Sorry if I almost mentioned him."
 
"Gwenchanayo. It's not your fault why you're on the same course as him. Shall we get some bubble tea?"
 
We sat on the chairs and ordered. I'm not into sweets but when Sehun took me here, I got obsessed with bubble tea.
 
I volunteered to order for them and in return they would treat me red velvet cupcakes. When I went to the counter..
 
just got real.
 
Jongin's POV :)
 
Kyungsoo hyung and I were at the counter and when I looked back..
 
. It was Kai Lee behind me. Now what?
 
She was a bit different the last time I saw her. Her hair, which was black in color, became brown. She looked slimmer, and better. My heart started to beat fast, upon seeing her.
 
"Kai Lee.." I muttered. I forgot that she's already my ex-girlfriend.
 
"Kai." I got shocked when she called me that way. I can already feel the distance between us. Normally, she wouldn't call me Kai but Jongin.
 
"Can you please hurry up and order already? We're waiting." The girl with a soft voice.. Everything about her changed.
 
"M-mianhae. Two red velvet cupcakes, please."
 
I was planning to give her one, but she refused and she went to the next counter.
 
Damn it, I want her back.
 
Kai's POV :)
 
I sat beside the boys, trying to forget that I saw Jongin oppa a while ago.
 
"Here are your orders, everyone." I said weakly. Why does my heart beat fast? This feeling is uncertain.
 
"Why are you down in the dumps all of the sudden?" asked Chen oppa.
 
"Kim Jongin.." I spoke softly.
 
"There he is." Luhan oppa pointed. "He's with Do Kyungsoo."
 
"Gwenchana, Kai?" Sehun started to pat my back.
 
"Of course I am. It's just that I'm not used to it." I admitted.
 
"We know how that feels, my little sister. Come, let's eat instead." Chanyeol oppa told me.
 
As I was about to drink my bubble tea, a waiter went to our table.
 
"What are these for?" I demanded for an answer.
 
"Someone from the other table wanted to give these red velvet cupcakes to you and a rose."
 
I looked around to check who gave me these cupcakes. It was that jerk ex-boyfriend of mine.
 
"Kindly return it to him. I don't need these. Or better yet, eat it instead. Thank you very much."
 
"Sorry, Miss. I can't. It's his order."
 
"Damn it." I stood up from my seat and took the cupcakes gently. "I guess I have to do this on my own." There I went to Jongin's table and gave the cupcakes.
 
"Why are you returning those?" He asked, pretending to be aware.
 
"I don't need it. We're over, and I don't need anything from you. So please, stop disturbing me." I turned my back on him, then he grabbed me and carried me all the way to his motor.
 
"YA! GIVE KAI BACK!" my friends chased Jongin oppa, and I was helpless.