Light 3

A Tale Of Light And Darkness

LightDonghae

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

It wasn't that Donghae disliked Heechul or anything. Heechul was a pretty cool person to him. The weird outfits, the long hairstyles, his way of being... but it was just too much sometimes. Heechul was a great friend, even to Donghae, but Donghae often needed a time out from his strange hyung.

 

"I'm jealous..." Hyukjae suddenly said and Donghae looked at him confused, still holding Hyuk's arm. "Why?"

 

"Because Heechul likes you" Hyuk stated. Donghae looked at him even more confused then before so he added "No one is allowed to speak up to the great Kim Heechul. He gets what he wants... but you..." Hyukjae sighed loudly. "You are even allowed to call him Hee..."

 

Donghae giggled, his tears long forgotten, even his swollen eyes kinda made it hard to see. "Heechul hyung likes you too. You are one of his best friends... Right?" "Right" was all Hyukjae answered.

 

The smaller one dragged Hyukjae into the cafeteria of the school, both picked a school food that doesn't looked to bad to eat - why was school food always so horrible? - and they joined Kyuhyun, Henry and Yunho at their regular table.

 

"Oh... I see you brought the monkey with you" Kyuhyun stated without looking up from his game he was playing. Donghae just tried to glare his friend to death when they sat down. Kyuhyun was the one to have the most problems with Donghae's and Hyukjae's friendship. Donghae doesn't knew why but Kyuhyun was always complaining about Hyukjae.

 

Sometimes it annoyed Donghae to death, but he decided to leave it just like that most of the times. Henry was completely fine with Hyukjae, even he was a little scared of the older. And Yunho... Yunho was always trying to be nice to everyone. Donghae really liked that.

 

"Behave Cho Kyuhyun" Yunho said in a parent like voice and Kyuhyun just rolled his eyes as an answer.
 

"I heard you were crying..." Henry suddenly started. Things spread ways too fast in high school. When something interesting happened the whole school knew about it just five minutes later. "Why?"

 

Donghae shook his head. "It was nothing really... I was just a cry baby again." Donghae skreched an non existing bruise on his neck embarrassed by the fact that he had been so emotional about something so small again.

 

But he couldn't help himself. Whenever something involved Hyukjae he got ways to emotional - even for his liking. "Heechul scared them all away again?" Yunho suddenly asked with an amused smile. Hyukjae nodded. "Yeah. He always tries to protect his baby."

 

"He calles you his baby?" Kyuhyun laughed loud. All of them looked at him confused. Did he even understood one thing they spoke about before? "No... Donghae is his baby."

 

Kyuhyun stopped laughing and looked suddenly very serious. "Why that?" "Why not?" Henry asked. "Donghae is really loveable. Everyone liked him... Why not Heechul hyung as well?" Kyuhyun doesn't answered. He just glared at Hyukjae waiting for him to answer.

 

"Like Henry said..." Hyukjae began. "Because everyone likes Donghae." It was very obvious that Kyuhyun was not satisfied with that answer, but he doesn't continue asking for more.

 

Donghae was really thankful for that. Sometimes Kyuhyun really could be a pain in the ... even bigger then Hyukjae when he was fighting again. Donghae sighed. Why did he was a friend of them again?

 

When lunch was over they still had twenty minutes until the next lesson would start so Hyukjae and Donghae walked on the roof again. Some other students were there as well, but some of them left when they saw Hyukjae and those who stayed where too far away to hear what they were talking about.

 

"Everything fine again?" Hyukjae asked. Donghae nodded as he observed how Hyukjae's blonde hair was swaying in the wind. "No more tears?"

 

"I hope not." Donghae sincerely answered. He wanted to say that yes, no more tears were about to come that everything was fine and that he could laugh again... But he couldn't. Because he was always worried for Hyukjae. Even the other said that he wouldn't fight again... Donghae doesn't really believed in it.

 

Hyukjae always did... fighting. And Hyukjae always had been in his heart so yeah... How could he say that everything was fine when he had this strange feeling inside of him saying that something serious was about to happen, when everything he wanted was to be happy?

______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

(c)dolphinqueenKya