Light 13

A Tale Of Light And Darkness

LightDonghae

_____________________________________________________________________________

 

Donghae shyly opened his mouth and could hear Kangin sigh loudly. "Seriously... Guys. You couldn't admit that you love each other for years and now you act like lovestrucked idiots who had been together for years." "Or like teenage girls" Sungmin added and Kangin nodded agreeing.

 

Donghae blushed shyly. He felt happy. Really. There was nothing he could wish for anymore. He had everything he ever wanted. Yet, he felt shy acting all so lovey dovey in front of his friends. "Sorry." he tried to say with his mouth filled by delicious cookies.

 

"Naaa~ Don't be." Hyukjae said laughing. "They're just jealous. Leeteuk is ignoring Kangin for who knows what reasons and Sungmin well he-"

 

"Shut up Hyuk!" Sungmin nearly screamed, making some of their classmates look at them. Donghae noticed a soft blush on the others cheek. "I got it. I'm not going to make fun of you and Hae anymore. Promise." Donghae's eyes widen. Sungmin looked so small in his chairs. Like a scared kid.

 

"Hyuk, you nearly told that he has a crush on Kyuhyun and- OUUUCHH!" Kangin looked at Sungmin with a faked hurt expression as Sungmin just slapped the back of his head. Sungmin had a crush on Kyuhyun? Donghae couldn't believe it. His best friend Kyuhyun? "I'm sorry. It just slipped." Kangin apologized but Sungmin just hit him for a second time. Harder.

 

Kangin looks actually hurt. "You both are so damn bastards! Burn in hell!" He nearly ran away. "Damn" Kangin sighed. "I guess we're in deep now." "We? You said it out loud." Hyukjae complained and hugged Donghae's waist like it was the most natural thing to do. Donghae felt so comfortable that he would have cuddled with Hyukjae if he wasn't distracted by Sungmin's act.

 

"Why? Was it a secret?" Donghae asked. Hyukjae and Kangin shared a short glaze before Kangin began to answer. "Well, you have to know that Sungmin once had a boyfriend - his name is not important now. But this boyfriend died and Sungmin feels guilty even he really doesn't have to and he had been so depressed. It was really horrible." Donghae listened carefully. He suddenly felt like crying.

 

"The thing is... Sungmin swore himself that he would never fall in love again. And Kyuhyun... well he really reminds all of us of Sungmin's boyfriend. He's like the clone or something." Donghae nodded. He understood.

 

Sungmin was reminded of his old love every time he looked at Kyuhyun and was having feelings then he couldn't identify. Maybe the old love was glimmering again whenever he was reminded of that dead boyfriend, maybe a new love was growing. Sungmin was scared.

 

"But don't worry." Hyuk whispered close to his ear making Donghae shiver. "Sungmin is really strong. He can manage everything - and if not we are here to help him, right?" Donghae smiled softly. "Right." Hyukjae took his hand under the table and pressed it softly. Donghae felt so happy. Even though he felt a bit down because of Sungmin's story, but the sunrise in his heart felt too good. He felt so warm inside. So happy.

 

He saw how Hyukjae smiled at him warmly. Donghae couldn't believe it. Everything seemed fine. Everything seemed to be okay now. Sure, there was this vampire thing. But Donghae was sure that both of them could manage everything.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

(c) dolphinqueenKya