Light 8

A Tale Of Light And Darkness

LightDonghae

_____________________________________________________________________________

 

Donghae was woken up by a soft shake. Someone was pressing his arm softly. "Donghae.... Donghae?" a silent voice said. Donghae doesn't want to open his eyes. His dream had been so lovely. Hyukjae and him had been together, not a couple, but together like in the old times. They had been at the beach watching the sunset. Without that disturbing girl.

 

"Donghae I know that you are not sleeping anymore!" Donghae recognized Henry's voice, which sounded amused. Donghae groaned. "I really don't want to open my eyes." he said and turned over that his back was facing Henry and he pulled the blanket over his head.

 

It was silent for a moment and Donghae listened if he could hear steps, but Henry remained where he was. "You know..." he began. "Kyuhyun nearly screamed out to the whole school that you're in love with Hyukjae."

 

"WHAT?" Donghae was up immediately, facing Henry with a shocked expression. How could he? "Why did he do that?" "Actually we went to see Hyukjae to ask if he knew whats wrong with you... He couldn't answer." Donghae wanted to sigh relieved that Hyukjae had no idea what he was doing to him, because it wasn't Hyukjae's fault. How could it be? It was all the fault of that blonde . But Henry continued before he could release his breath. "He gave all fault to Chaerin, who doesn't knew what he meant and you know Kyuhyun he got furious and..."

 

Henry sighed. "I'm glad that we could stop him." Donghae just stared at his Canadian friend. If Kyuhyun would have told his secret and if Hyukjae knew, Donghae was sure that he would die out of embarrassment.

 

"Thanks." Donghae finally whispered and lay down on his back again staring at the ceiling like there was something interesting. "Wanna mind sharing whats in your mind?" Henry said silently and calm.

 

"It just that..." Donghae closed his eyes and tried to find the right words. Henry patiently waited. "I don't really know. I feel so sad and angry. Because well... because I love Hyukjae and he's with that girl now and I can't change that fact and..." Donghae stopped.

 

"It hurts" Henry ended for him and his voice broke. Donghae nodded. Henry took one of Donghaes cold hands in his own warm ones and began to with his thumb over the back of this hand. "Donghae?" "Huh?" "You can change that fact."

 

Donghae looked at him confused. Henry looked at him with his calm eyes. "Make Hyukjae realize that he need you that he wants you... that he loves you." Henry sounded so confident that Donghae believed him for one moment, but doubts soon made their way into Donghaes brain.

 

"That will never work." he answered sadly and turned his glaze toward their hands. It actually felt very nice that Henry's hands were so warm. He wasn't feeling lonely anymore. At least not as bad as before.

 

It wouldn't work, because Hyukjae wasn't loving him. He was straight and he had a girlfriend. "Tell me Donghae" Henry said his voice daring. "What do you have to loose?" Donghae turned his head toward his friend looking at him confused. "What do you mean?"

 

"If you try making him fall for you... What can you loose?" Henry asked again and Donghaes brain began to work. Yeah... What could he loose? Nothing - because there was nothing left of what he and Hyukjae once were and it wouldn't come back. Donghae knew that now. All his and Hyukjaes moments were past now.

 

There was nothing left but the memories. "Nothing... I guess." "Right! So try it! Donghae, Damn I don't want to see you suffering like this! You need to fight for the ones you love. And you love Hyukjae. Fight for him and make clear that Chaerin can not have him!"

 

Donghae smiled softly as he saw Henry's confident face. His friend was right. There was only one way - the way straight forward into Hyukjae's heart.

 

"You're right." Donghae sat up again and smiled brightly. "I have to do it." Henry nodded and hugged Donghae tightly. "And I'll help you. I have no idea how but I'll make Hyukjae fall for you with everything he has."

 

Donghae laughed. Henry was so cheesy. But he felt very thankful toward Henry. He really was a wonderful friend.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

(c) dolphinqueenKya