Light 10

A Tale Of Light And Darkness

LightDonghae

_____________________________________________________________________________

 

When the alarm clock rang Donghae had been so tired that he just turned it off and fell asleep again. It wasn’t like him. He normally was wide awake once his alarm clock woke him up, but not this time. He blamed his bad sleep, the weird dreams he had but couldn’t remember.

 

When he woke up for a second time thanks to his mom’s calling if he hadn’t school today he nearly answered “Yes” … but Donghae was a horrible liar and his mother always knew if he was telling the truth or not. So he stood up, got dressed and walked downstairs saying that he simply overslept.

 

His mother looked at him with a calm expression but Donghae knew that behind those dark eyes her mind was working and thinking about the reason why her lovely son who was always cheery in the morning was so tired and exhausted. His mother kept quiet and Donghae was really thankful for that. He ate a small cup of rice and then began to walk to school.

 

He wasn’t running… He was late already and no one would care if he came later by 20 or 40 minutes. Donghae really wasn’t exited about school. He had to see that then… and Hyukjae. And he doesn’t wanted to see one of them. Not until he became thirty or so. Donghae was angry! He had gathered all his courage to ask Hyukjae and that had to destroy everything. Again!

 

Tears were forming in his eyes again. But he blinked them away as fast as he could. He doesn’t wanted to cry. Not over Chaerin… Not over Hyukjae. Never ever again. He even had thought about giving him and Kyuhyun a try.

 

No one knew it. Kyuhyun had a crush on him… At least that’s what he thought. Some month ago when everything was still perfect he and Kyuhyun had been at Kyuhyuns house, doing one of Kyuhyuns beloved Game marathons. They drank beer which they had stolen from Kyuhyuns dad and got drunken for the first time in their lifes.

 

Donghae doesn’t remembered everything but he still knew how Kyuhyun had blabbered something about “If Hyukjae wouldn’t be there, do you think that you and I could have a chance?” Donghae had been to drunk to realize what Kyuhyun said and he couldn’t remember his answer anymore. But he still knew that Kyuhyun had peeked his lips shortly before he flew again into dreamland.

 

None of them had brought it up the next morning and none of them brought it up ever again. So Donghae often forgot it. He felt guilty. Kyuhyun knew that he was loving Hyukjae and Donghae couldn’t change his heart. Kyuhyun had to feel horrible. Donghae hoped that Kyuhyun gave up all his feelings he had for Donghae and that he was just a friend now. Even he doesn’t really believed it himself.

 

What reason could there be for Kyuhyun hating Hyukjae if there was no rivalry between them. Not that Donghae was full of himself, but he often believed that Kyuhyun hated Hyukjae, because Donghae liked Hyukjae more.

 

“Maybe Kyuhyun could make you forget that …” Donghae said to himself. “But I promised Henry that I would try to make Hyukjae mine… And” Donghae felt his head spinning and he suddenly felt very sick.

 

Luckily their school had no school guards so no one scolded him for coming late to school and no one punished him for ignoring the rules. As he walked into the hallways it was so quiet that his steps seemed to be incredible loud. Donghae tried to walk as quiet as he could.

 

He heard voices at the end of the hallway around the corner and as he came closer he could hear a Poor Baby... Of course I'll help you. Come on.. take as much as you need..” Donghae stopped shocked by what he heard. What does that mean “Take as much as you need” ? He had recognized Chaerins voice as soon as he heard it… Did that mean that Hyukjae was there too?

 

Donghae tried to look around the corner as carefully as he could and he was shocked by what he saw. Hyukjae was indeed there. His face deep in her neck, her arms around him, her hands in his hair. At first Donghae believed that he just caught that and Hyuk making out in the hallways while they were supposed to be inside the classroom, but then he saw her legs shaking, how pale she seemed, he heard the drinking noise and he saw the blood.

 

Donghae forgot to breathe. Maybe his heart stopped beating for a second. He couldn’t believe that he saw. He turned back around the corner, staring at the floor like he saw some kind of ghost with wide eyes and pale skin. He could hear them talking but he couldn’t hear what they were saying. Like some kind of bad background music.

 

Suddenly someone ran into him and he fell to the ground. He just landed on the ground like someone had punched him hard. He was too shocked to react. And his eyes grew even wider when he saw who had ran into him. “D-Donghae?”

 

Donghae just stared. He felt like he was caught inside of a bad movie. It seemed to be so unreal, yet it was the whole truth. He could see the red color in the corner of Hyukjae’s mouth and he even could smell it. “Blood.”

 

“D-Donghae… did…. Where you…?” Hyukjae doesn’t finished his talking. He was just standing there, not even helping Donghae up. The younger stayed on the floor like a beaten puppy. It was quite. Awefully quiet and Donghae could feel his heartbeat in his ears.  

______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

(c) dolphinqueenKya