Light 16

A Tale Of Light And Darkness

LightDonghae

____________________________________________________________________________

 

Donghae was surprised by Hyukjae’s answer and he actually hoped that Kyuhyun would believe it. “As if.” He did not. “I know Hae. He’s too childish to do so.” Kyuhyun answered. His food stood in front of him completely forgotten, while Henry was happily eating and observing. Donghae knew that he needed a good answer now.

 

“It’s because of you.” He nearly whispered. All the of them looked at him surprised. “What did you say?” Kyuhyun asked, his voice sounding a bit harsh. “I… I don’t want to hurt your feelings even more, Kyu. Even you’ll say that it’s a lie… You still feel something for me, Kyu. I don’t know if it’s love, but it’s something you shouldn’t feel. Because I love Hyukjae. And you hate him for that.” Kyuhyun stared at him – wordless for once. “I don’t want to hurt you even more, while being all lovey-dovey in front of you.”

 

“BULL !” Kyuhyun screamed, stood up and left without looking back. The whole cafeteria was dead silent. Donghae wanted to hide inside a whole never coming out again.

 

The students began to talk again. But it stayed quite at Donghae’s table. Henry already knew this, somehow, but he was shocked too. Donghae doesn’t even dared to look at Hyukjae. Too scared of the others reaction. He was surprised when a hand reached for his under the table. A strong hand holding his. He knew that he shouldn’t be scared of Hyukjae.

 

He lifted his glaze and met two surprised but calm eyes. Donghae understood the silent question of Hyukjae asking “Kyuhyun really loves you?” with his eyes. Donghae thought that it would be better to not say anything so he just thought of the night he and Kyuhyun kissed. He felt bad showing Hyukjae this. It felt like betrayal, even it actually wasn’t.

 

“I understand.” Hyukjae suddenly said and hold his hand even a bit tighter. “Poor Kyuhyun. So that’s the reason why he hates me.” Donghae nodded. “I guess it is… But…” “I know.”

 

Henry looked at them weirdly. “Do you two have some kind of special communication?” he asked with a smiled. “I don’t understand one thing.” Donghae smiled sweetly. “I’m sorry. Maybe it’s a…” “A lover thing.” Hyukjae added as he noticed that Donghae hesitated. Donghae had been very confused about what they were, but Hyukjae made it clear for him. Lovers… boyfriends… it felt so good.

 

Henry sighed and continued eating. “Whatever you say. But you should apologize to Kyuhyun later.” “Why?” Donghae asked a bit confused. “That’s how it is. I know it may sound cruel, but Kyuhyun will be hurt more if he can’t forget his feelings… for me and live on.” Henry seemed to be surprised by the words and thought about them for a short time before he nodded. “Maybe you’re right.”

 

They finished their food in silence afterwards.

 

Donghae and Hyuk were walking toward their next lesson when Hyukjae suddenly began to talk. “Henry is really worried about you.” “Did you read his thoughts?” “Hmm… I know I shouldn’t have done this but sometimes I can’t control it, because the thought of the others are so loud.” Donghae looked at him understanding. “He’s worried that you and Kyuhyun will never be friends again.”

 

Hae lowered his glaze toward the floor. “We will. Kyuhyun is strong. He can do it.” He could feel Hyukjae’s hand his back. It was a comforting gesture. “What about the others?” “Heechul and Jae?” Donghae nodded. Hyukjae sighed before he talked. “They are worried too. Not about you and Kyuhyun of course… About us.”

 

“Because I’m an angel” Donghae whispered. He would understand the other vampires. He really did. And that made him feel guilty. He knew he shouldn’t feel like that but it was like he destroyed their perfect life. The peace they had here at school. He looked at his back and saw the big wings. They weren’t heavy at all and he was feeling them like a second pair of arms or something. So naturally.

 

Others couldn’t see it of course. And he noticed that others couldn’t touch them either. They were just walking through them as if they were not there. Hyukjae not of course. He could touch them and as they were walking Hae always tried to keep his wings as far from Hyukjae as possible.

 

It was hard. His wings felt like a leg which had been falling asleep and wanted to be stretched. He had the urge to spread his wings, to let them free and to move them around. Maybe to try flying. But he couldn’t – not in school at last.

 

“Hyuk?” “Hm?” Hyukjae looked at him with that calm glaze Donghae could dive in forever. He nearly forgot what he wanted to ask. “Would you come with me after school? I…” he took a deep breath before he spoke. “I want to try how to hide my wings and so on. I don’t want to go alone and … I have no one else to ask.” Hyukjae looked at him surprised at first but then a soft smile crept on the olders lips.

 

“Sure.” He leaned down and pecked Donghae’s lips shortly. Donghae felt a firework inside his heart.

 

No matter what they were. He knew – love was stronger.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

(c) dolphinqueenKya